The Lord of the Rings- J.R.R. Tolkien

Irishlass16 said:
Lord of the Rings, yes yes...I love it! I have not a Lotr fan as long as a Narnia fan, but from day to day I wish I was in either Narnia or Middle Earth rather than this place. I find myself to be alike in many ways to Eowyn and wishing to be like Arwen as well. Indeed I do love them both greatly and read them both in my spare time!

lotr is the best, although lotr is much more complicated than narnia. i wish i could go to either world too! i like arwen better than eowyn. but eowyn is much more like me since she is human and stong willed.

I'm a LOTR fan as well and have been for a longer time than a Narnia one. I think they are brilliant. Depending on how I'm feeling I like one more than the other sometimes, e.g. if I want to really think and research story-threads etc. I will go to LOTR and if I want to read a less-demanding story, CoN! I'm spoilt with choice!

yeh i'm a lotr fan - i just got a pretty boxed set & fellowship illustrated by alan lee for christ mass hehe. my room is covered in posters! I have a day by day calendar i also got for christmas which is now starting to fill my ceiling too!

i am obsessed with lotr- tolkiens works in general.. i hvae read the lotr at least 10 times each, the hobbit about 10 times too.. the sil. only like twice, seen the movies at least 10 times as well... read the adventures of tom bom, the lays of belerand, the book of lost tales, one and two... memorized quite a few of the poems in H and LOTR.... have 2 copies of the sil and the hobbit, like 4 of FOTR.. 3 TT.. 3 ROTK...
have a list of all the names the charchteres were ever called (its quite intresting too...)
yea, i would say im pretty well obsessed..

I'm a huge and I mean a huge LOTR fan. I'm a member of the official site although the community moved (with me too of course)
The Silmarillion is a great book and tough to read, the Hobbit is more easier and then the trilogy. Awesome and the best movies made ever!
I love the hobbits and the whole world of ME.
Action figures, posters, cd's dvd's even a Frodo standee....yes, I'm a LOTR addict. Narnia is the first movie after ROTK that I was looking forward at months and months before. I love Narnia too, because the books and the movie are awesome and so recognisable.

yeah for you!
yea, the sil. is really hard to start- and the first... i donno... 20 pages or so... are just really boring.. but once u get into it... wow... beren and luthein, ect.. coolio! there are whole chapters tho thta will be rather boring ... like there are a number of chapters throughout the book devoted to descriptions of maps and all...

Yup, a BIG-fan of The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I bought every single merchandise on LOTR that i could afford which inculdes the action figures, some Weta stuff, rings, books, keychains, posters, car stickers etc.

Narnia is still new to me. Yet to discover its true magical realm.

A lot of people also loved LOTR because of the movies and now it is over, it is fading away. I can't blame them. It is normal and especially when another movie is coming up which is also very great.
I wonder what will happen when The Hobbit will be made on screen.

Peter lover said:
A lot of people also loved LOTR because of the movies and now it is over, it is fading away. I can't blame them. It is normal and especially when another movie is coming up which is also very great.
I wonder what will happen when The Hobbit will be made on screen.

The Tolkienmania will come back. I really want the movie to come back, but I'm still a fan even if they don't do it.

I wish they would finally stop fighting about the rights and start to make The Hobbit on screen. And I hope that one day The Silmarillion will be filmed also.
But the same as you said, even if it will take years, I will still be a Ringer.

what do they have to do with rights? why cant they just go make it?
heh.. yea, the sil. made into a movie? wow.. they could make one super long movie just about beren and luthien alone... but they would kinda need to do the whole book, cause u have the whole set up of the silmarils and morgoth and ect.. it would be one uber long movie if they did the whole thing.. correctly. which would be as likely as a cow jumping over the moon.. sigh. even if they wanted to follow the book word for word, it would still be super hard..
well.. i donno what the 'time' is till a lotr dies down in you, but i have been going stedy for about 5+ years, adn i am only getting more into it, not less...

Same here. I love everything with LOTR. And I saw ROTK again last week.
It is still amazing how beautiful the movies are and the whole story in it's whole.
You know, all that stuff, merchandising etc. My room is completely filled with it.
I don't think it will go away.
The silmarillion will be a very difficult movie to understand, because it is so filled with names and so many things are happening all the time.

Back