The Horse And His Boy: Not So Necessary?

Should they film Horse and His Boy?

• No! I hated that story!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Horse and his what?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Horse and His Boy is the only book that lets us get to know the Calormenes and the Archenlanders. If it were not made into a movie, the world in which Narnia exists would have literal gaps in it! :( Not to mention, if they are planning on making The Last Battle (I'm not sure if they are or not...), it wouldn't make any sense at all, because the Calormenes play a huge role but are hardly explained. The author assumes we have read HHB and know who he's talking about.
HHB is very necessary and it would be a shame to leave it out.

well it does depend on how LWW does. but i really hope it does even better than LOTR. and they better make Magician's Nephew. that's my favourite.

Yes; I think they had better make all of them. If they don't, they will be in BIG trouble!

It would be awesome if they made all seven, but how movie franchises have made it past 3 and been successful? Star Wars is trying for six, but personally I think they lost some the ...... spirit? Of the first movie. Had the first three not been made who would have gone to the Episode I and II? As much as I want all the movies made, I would rather they made Three or four high quality films than seven movies that barely ek,... eak?, eek?, ekk?, umm.... make the grade. Of course I know of no other movies that have a seven book basis and large fan base (as illustrated by this site).

Soli_Deo_Gloria said:
Of course I know of no other movies that have a seven book basis and large fan base (as illustrated by this site).
Try Harry Potter :D, though not all seven of those books are out yet, so I guess that doesn't really count.
You do have a good point, though. I want them to make the movies as high-quality as possible. However, movies having a lot of sequels (and prequels) seems to have become more and more acceptable these days, so I think we can keep our fingers crossed and hope for all seven books to be represented somehow.

HHB was one of the best!So was MN. I think I really liked the more offbeat ones when I was reading them but I hated LB. Completely rejected it. Some parts were ok but it was just too sad and adult for me I think...

LB is a little difficult for the mind of a child to get around. Its "adult" nature is demonstrated by the fact that it is the only Narnia book in which one of the main protagonists (Tirian) is an adult, albeit a young one. However, I think it is a very fitting conclusion to the series and enjoy the symbolism very much. I would not say I dislike LB, though I feel differently about it than I do the other Narnia books. It's almost like the difference between my feelings for "The Passion of the Christ" and other epic films.
If I had to choose between LB and HHB being made into a film, though, I would choose HHB hands-down. I think the plot in HHB lends itself much better to movie-making, and the deep philosophical content of LB is better suited for a book.

Exactly and that's why I think I had a harder time identifying with the maincharacter in that book. It just didn't appeal to me as much as well because everyone from the old group was grown up and that was just kind of depressing.

Someone stated before that HHB need to be made to introduce the Calormones(sp?) and I agree. At first the book seems out of place, but it adds depth to the series that otherwise is not there. The Geography of their world becomes more pronounced and Narnia's Golden Age may be seen with greater clarity.
I think it should be kept.

-DoLW

Yes!

Yes, that was my favorite book in the whole series...I think it should be filmed!!!!! :) If they don't make it....well...they'll pay an arm and a leg....that's for sure...

Last edited:
I actually think that it would be okay if they didn't do HHB. But that is only if they don't do other films. It would be really weird if they did six films. True, HHB is out of place (slightly), but it's still an amazing story. It provides a glimpse of the Pevensies during their reign, a story about Aslan (there's never enough of those), backstory on the Calormenes (which helps [but is not necessary] for stuff like the Tisroc may-he-live-forever ;) and Tash). I just glanced through the book now to make sure I didn't miss anything, and I got tingles from Pauline Baynes' pictures. I mean, who doesn't want to see that stuff on the silver screen?! :D

I believe they should make movies of all the books. They are all part of the big story. In this particular book, C.S. Lewis wrote about something that happened while the four Pevensies were all in Narnia together the first time. How can you say it doesn't really add to the storyline?

it was a good book but my least fav out of all 7. i think it probably should be made to complete the series

YES YES YES they should soooooooooo make that movie, the collection wouldn't be complete, plus I've been dreaming of this movie! I always think about how they will make it! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Hhb

It's my fave chronicle...after LionWW. I LUV aRAVIS... AND when i knew that Shasta was Cor. :rolleyes:

Back