Tolkien Trivia

I know it was something similar to: here lieith(sp?)
Turin Turambar ___ ___ (the last two names had to do with the slaying of Glaurang)
Nienor Niniel
The Children of Hurin

Is that close enough?

DryadofLanternWaste said:
I know it was something similar to: here lieith(sp?)
Turin Turambar ___ ___ (the last two names had to do with the slaying of Glaurang)
Nienor Niniel
The Children of Hurin

Is that close enough?

Certainly; and for future notice it read: 'Turin Turambar Dagnir Glaurunga' but DOLW got it, so next question!

I wasn't sure of my answer so I double-checked: no Curunir was not the fifth son of Feanor, *is dissapointed* that was Curufin.
Now I have to sit the rest of this one out because I checked the answer. hmph
lol
-DoLW

That's very restrained DoLW I would probably have cheated and lied- you have strength and honour! (like the new avvy btw!)

thank you rosymole, I am flattered that you think so. I just hope someone will show up at the forum and answer the question though, lol.

about the avvie, thanks. sometimes I wish this was a combination LotR/CoN site (I suppose it sort of is), then I could post my pictures from there too. I love drawing elves, yay.

Does anyone know who Curunir is? Can I give the literal translation of the name as a hint? jk

-the ever impatient
DoLW

Sure; I would have posted it after my answer but I wasn't sure if it was right.

Here's one from the Hobbit:

What are the three things mentioned that Bilbo forgot as he ran out the door to meet up with Thorin and Co.?

Capstick said:
Allright, here's a new question:

What does 'Cirith Ungol' mean?

okay I know Minas Morgul is the "Tower of Sorcery," not Cirith Ungol. That was the pass near it, and has to do with Shelob? Pass of ... hmm... well Ungoliant = giant spider

Pass of the Spider?

Back