New Wonka Movie

tgraveline

Harley Quinn *growls*
Knight of the Noble Order
Emeritus
Well this is a future movie that has peaked my interest quite a bit. Its tim burton working with johnny depp again, which should be great cause those two work great together as we have seen before. I think this is called charlie and the chocolate factory or something like that instead. I'm a fan of the old movie with jean wilder, hes a great old actor and i miss him, ever since his wife died hes been gone from filming for the most part, she too was great on SNL, she was gilda radner if you didn't know. But i really hope this movie is great and really brings back more of the creativity and bliss the first stirred in all of our little hearts and souls. Burton can do it, he did great stuff with big fish and i know he can pull this off too.

tg

I always loved the old version so id certainly be interested in a remake. Not really certain how they could improve on the previous one.. but it would be interesting to see. I really hope they dont make a mess of it and completely change everything. That'd really suck.

What if they really just made it truly their own? I remember seeing return to Oz and how different that was to the wizard of oz and loving that one more than the original, much darker and cooler in my opinion. Tim Burton is capable of making it original outside of the fact that its a remake.

tg

Yeah. Return to Oz Rocked lol. This new Wonka sounds interesting. I want to see more info for it. It's either going to be great or flop. We'll see.

yep I liked this movie alot I hope it works out well. I hope it doesn't totally bomb but being a depp fan I don't really think thats much to worry about he has alot of screen presence.

-ks

Hmmmm. I wonder if They'll actually make Wonka and The Great Glass Elevator aswell this time. Always wanted to see that made lol.

Interesting indeed, one thing i have thought of is the boat, i loved that, and with all the sights on the walls as they went through the tunnels and stuff always freaked me out when i was a kid, so i am curious as to whether or not they will keep that or not and if they keep it what will be different.

tg

I'm not sure how to feel about the remake just yet. I mean, the original was just such a classical children's movie that I think it's impossible to create a better version.

I'm hoping that this is really good... although I'm not that big a fan of the source material, Tim Burton is a visual genius, and Johnny Depp is a versatile actor.

I know Johnny is the actor playing now, but do you guys know who it was going to be before him? First Eminem wanted a part to play, then Marylin Manson wanted to do it. LOL can you believe that? I was like: :eek:

I like Johnny Depp (and nooo, it's not just 'cause I think he's good-looking, I also think he's a great actor) and he'd be an interesting Willy Wonka. My friend, who's a huge fan of the book, said that as long as they keep the square candies that look round, he'll be a happy camper.

well all i know is that tim burton will do a great job, after seeing big fish he is the perfect guy for it, and after pirates of the carribean we know johnny has the capability of being an awesome willy wonka. So go out and find those golden tickets ladies, and you might meet the man of your dreams.

tg

:huh: Huh? I thought it was, "Find a golden ticket, get a lot of chocolate." Not "Find a golden ticket, get a date." Of course, with me, the two are interchangeable, but that's just me.

I thought the 2 were interchangeable with most females :blink: Or is it just with all the females I know?

Well, I don't presume to be able to speak for all my race, but it does seem like the case that dates and chocolate can be substituted for one another. I myself prefer the chocolate, but dinner and a movie isn't much worse.

you almost sound as if you don't care about men. Now don't let me make any presumptions about you.

tg

PS cause i will if given the time

thats some pretty cool stuff, and sure your majest, i can move the thread you as you wish.

tg

Gotta love it

You have to love Tim Burton -- Nightmare Before Christmas was a classic, and I can't help it -- I loved Planet of the Apes. Every scene looked like a tableaux you could freeze and hang on your wall. He will do wonderfully with Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, and of course Johnny Depp will be adorable. He can't help it.

Back