Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Janeway, Voyager

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Archer, Enterprise

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Other - state who in your post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In ToS, when a red shirted crew man that no one knew (not a main character) was assigned to a landing party, you knew that he would get killed. I guess the red shirts were security people, and they were always getting killed to demonstrate the gravity of the situation without actually killing off anyone involved in the story.

If you saw that amusing spoof movie -- I can't remember the name of it -- the one "new guy" who was dragged along on the adventure with the older actors was terrified the entire time that he was the security guy who was expendable. Kind of the same principle.

In ToS, when a red shirted crew man that no one knew (not a main character) was assigned to a landing party, you knew that he would get killed. I guess the red shirts were security people, and they were always getting killed to demonstrate the gravity of the situation without actually killing off anyone involved in the story.

If you saw that amusing spoof movie -- I can't remember the name of it -- the one "new guy" who was dragged along on the adventure with the older actors was terrified the entire time that he was the security guy who was expendable. Kind of the same principle.

Galaxy Quest. lol

Galaxy Quest. lol
Galaxy Quest! That was a funny movie. But yah, that's the red-shirt thing.

Has anyone been to the Star Trek rides at the Las Vegas Hilton? There's a whole Star Trek timeline/museum exhibit you can go through ... I was wondering if they had changed it now to reflect the new timeline with the latest movie.

They did close it. They decided it was too "old" and not "hip" enough, kind of like Universal studios closing the Back to the Future and King Kong rides.

They did close it. They decided it was too "old" and not "hip" enough, kind of like Universal studios closing the Back to the Future and King Kong rides.
No way! I did not know that. Now I have no reason ever to go to Vegas again ... That whole side of the hotel was a Star Trek theme. There was this awesome restaurant, Quarks, where people in various costumes would wander in and accost people, and a gallery of shops that were all Star Trek merchandise. I am devastated that's all gone!!!! How could they do that with another ST film in the works? :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me and my uncle were gonna go see all that...poo on a cunstick :(

It was awesome. In the Borg Experience or whatever it was called, actual Borgs came hunting you down as you were whisked away to your escape pod, and they grabbed your guide right in front of you and assimilated him/her. It was too much fun. I am so sad it's all gone.

Now that would've freaked me out. :p
It was wicked cool. The ride began with a crew member telling you the ship or station was under attack by the Borg, and he/she was going to lead you to your escape pod, and you followed her through this sort of hallway like on board a starship or space station, but when she turned back to tell you something or other, a Borg appeared from a side hallway and they fought, and then at one point it was like she was lifted up off her feet by a Borg hand that came out of shaft or something ... it was really well done. The ride itself was in one of those 4-D motion rides, and at one point something jabbed you in the back and told you that you'd just been assimilated ... It was so excellent.

I hate that it's gone. I always thought some day when the conomy is better ... or when my husband's business took him there ... we could go back to Vegas and I could see it again! :(

It was awesome. In the Borg Experience or whatever it was called, actual Borgs came hunting you down as you were whisked away to your escape pod, and they grabbed your guide right in front of you and assimilated him/her. It was too much fun. I am so sad it's all gone.

this info saddens me:(

I found out that the film has been nominated for 17 Spike Scream Awards; I voted for everything Trek was in. ;) Includin best picture, best effects, best screenplay, best fight scene, best villain, best male and female actress, best supporting actor (Leonard Nimoy and Simon Pegg were both in that category, so I chose Mr. Nimoy), best scene of the year, best director, etc...

Oh, sweet. I will have to go vote. It's online at Spike TV? I never heard of a Spike Scream Award. I am old and barely culturally literate.

Yeah, the awards are for the best in sci-fi, fantasy, comic and horror. I have never had a reason to watch the show; I may watch it this year...or just wait for the clips on YouTube. :p

I found out either yesterday or Wednesday that for a limited time, STar Trek XI re-releases in IMAX theaters today! THere are 3 theaters only an hour or so from me, but we're not going. :(

Back