Does Susan go to the "New Narnia"?/Whatever happened to Susan?

Has anyone ever considered the similarities between Judas and Susan?

Of course I want her to get it right in the end. I would not assert that Judas "went to Hell." However the picture of his fate painted in the Gospels is grim. That's the same impression I'm left with in regard to Susan when reading The Chronicles.

I think they are very similar. Being an apostole was probably the most honorary position a human could have. In Narnia being queen was an honor. Both Judas and Susan rejected their master (Jesus, Aslan) for something vain (silver, nylons/lipstick/invitations). Sure, I'll still root for Susan. The main lesson for me though is how she's an example of what NOT to become.

You should read the Gospel of Judas in it Jesus told him that his spirit was in a human body and in order for it to be set free he had to die and Judas was the one to do it hand him over, he also reavealed to him the true meaning of eternal life and how to get it. Jesus told Judas that his action would also be the end of his life on earth but he would be in heaven with him.

The Gospel of Judas was most likely not written by Judas. The other Gospels (that are actually in the Bible) say that Judas committed suicide soon after the death of Jesus. The Gospel of Judas also does not portray Jesus as human- He doesn't blink, doesn't leave footprints, etc.

It simply does not match up with the other accounts.

The Gospel of Judas was most likely not written by Judas. The other Gospels (that are actually in the Bible) say that Judas committed suicide soon after the death of Jesus. The Gospel of Judas also does not portray Jesus as human- He doesn't blink, doesn't leave footprints, etc.

It simply does not match up with the other accounts.

And what Gospels are in the Bible? Matt. Mark, Luke and John, All of them tell a differnt account from his birth to his death. True there were gospels written at the time and who is to say what was put in and left out? Jesus told Judas he was not human but a spirit in a human body and to be set free he had to die and Judas was the one to do it. Mary Mag was the first one to see him after he rose and he told her the true meaning off the ress. Peter himself has a Gospel but not in the Bible as t is to far fetched.

Jadis I'm not sure why you continue to post on here (I judge the quality of your posts to be antagonistic). Please don't get me wrong: I stopped reading your posts on here long ago (minus a sentence or two once in a blue moon), along with those of one or two other members asserting a clearly hostile (as opposed to critical) disposition toward Christianity. I question if you have an alter to Judas, or worse, inhabitants of the nether world at your home. Your avatar speaks volumes.

Getting back on topic: I was also thinking that Susan could be compared to Peter the Apostle. I hope that satisfies those who cannot fathom the idea of someone separating themselves from...Aslan. They aren't coming to mind at the moment, but earlier in the week I had identified some clear parallels between them.

Last edited:
Jadis I'm not sure why you continue to post on here (I judge the quality of your posts to be antagonistic). Please don't get me wrong: I stopped reading your posts on here long ago (minus a sentence or two once in a blue moon), along with those of one or two other members asserting a clearly hostile (as opposed to critical) disposition toward Christianity. I question if you have an alter to Judas, or worse, inhabitants of the nether world at your home. Your avatar speaks volumes.

Getting back on topic: I was also thinking that Susan could be compared to Peter the Apostle. I hope that satisfies those who cannot fathom the idea of someone separating themselves from...Aslan. They aren't coming to mind at the moment, but earlier in the week I had identified some clear parallels between them.

Sorry you feel that way and see my posts as antagonstic and hostile but anything I post is researched before I do. What has my Avatar got to do with anything?. And no I don't have an alter to Judas or did you mean Jadis?. I have the sacared heart and a statue of Mary as do all Irish Catholics in my home but I still can disagree with its teaching.
How can you compare Susan with the Apostel Peter? What are the parallels between them?

Peter denied the Lord but was reinstated and became the leader of the early church. Susan has denied Aslan and Narnia -- if she should return to belief in them, her story might parallel Peter's.

Peter denied the Lord but was reinstated and became the leader of the early church. Susan has denied Aslan and Narnia -- if she should return to belief in them, her story might parallel Peter's.

Peter was not the leader of the church, he was not the one to lead it Mary Mag was, and in Lewis books who was Aslans fav lucy not Susan,

If Mary of Magdala was the one to lead the early Church, then why did Jesus say to Simon, "You are Peter (kephas, petros, the rock) and on this rock I shall build my Church."?

If Mary of Magdala was the one to lead the early Church, then why did Jesus say to Simon, "You are Peter (kephas, petros, the rock) and on this rock I shall build my Church."?

That is in the Bible but the gospel of Mary Mag which was left out Jesus told her the true meaning of the ressurection and that it was she who was to continue his church. Jesus after his death Mary was the first to see him he then told her to go to the others and tell them that he has risen. Peter and the rest went underground so they would not be caught by the Romans and suffer the same fate as Jesus, Mary Mag was loyal to him and was there for him even at his death, it's the early church who shuned women and made it a male domenaint church.

The traditional view of Christianity is that Peter was appointed the early church's leader, the Catholic tradition traces its leadership back to Peter. The canon of scripture recognized by Protestantism, Orthodox and Catholicism does not include any Gospels of Mary Magdalene, Judas or any other books not in the Bible per se. Jadis, please stop dragging these issues into discussions where they do not belong. I invite you to start your own thread where you explain to everyone your views on what the Gospel and Bible really are and ought to be, but please stop doing it in threads where it isn't relevant.

And Jadis, please consider this an official warning from a mod not to spam threads with your unorthodox views on Christianity. Thank you.

meanwhile, back to whatever happened to Susan ...

Do you read Dan Brown, by any chance?

No I don't Dan Brown has made a living by writing books. His best seller was Da Vinci Code and was made into a film. That book was based on another book which the church tried to ban and stop it been published Dan Brown just took the facts and made it into a story.

The traditional view of Christianity is that Peter was appointed the early church's leader, the Catholic tradition traces its leadership back to Peter. The canon of scripture recognized by Protestantism, Orthodox and Catholicism does not include any Gospels of Mary Magdalene, Judas or any other books not in the Bible per se. Jadis, please stop dragging these issues into discussions where they do not belong. I invite you to start your own thread where you explain to everyone your views on what the Gospel and Bible really are and ought to be, but please stop doing it in threads where it isn't relevant.

And Jadis, please consider this an official warning from a mod not to spam threads with your unorthodox views on Christianity. Thank you.

meanwhile, back to whatever happened to Susan ...

Ok point taken, lets get back to whatever happned to Susan who by the way is a fictional character in a book and not a real person. So you tell me what happened to her without making any Bible conections.

I personally feel like Susa just grew up and some people do not become child-like as adults like me for example. :D She probably put Narnia behind her and it seems like she didn't truly enjoy Narnia in the first place. I am thinking she might have considered Narnia a part of her childhood, even though she was older when she was in Narnia. She put away childish things when she grew up (probably a lot sooner than most people do).

If I was to write another book, maybe Susan is married and has four children (two boys and two girls) and the youngest child is a boy this time and he finds Narnia but not in a wardrobe. Maybe he enters Narnia while exploring a cave by a beach on a family day trip to the beach. The story could continue but it would be slightly different than the previous stories. Maybe the first being he sees in Narnia is rabbit. *shrugs*. I feel like I could keep going and make up an entire book. :D

OK I'll try some more....

Many years after the events of Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Susan Pevensie had met the man of her dreams and they married and had four children. On a nice summer's day she and her family decided to spend the day at a local beach. After they spend some time playing in the water, they decided to sit down on a blanket and eat their picnic lunch...

After her youngest child (a little boy) finishes his lunch he wanders off and finds a nearby cave. This child is very adventureous and is eager to explore this cave, hoping for some buried treasure. As he walks further towards the back of the cave he sees some light. He walks towards the light and ends up near the lantern waste of narnia. The boy has no idea where he has ended up. Lovely green grass, trees full of leaves and warm spring air greet him. He sees the lantern and thinks how odd it is to see a lantern in an area like this.

Suddenly he hears a noise of a branch breaking. Fear strikes him and he looks around. Suddenly he seens a cottontail rabbit hopping towards him. The young boy had saved a carrot leftover from his lunch in case he got hungry later. He wondered if the rabbit was hungry. He pulls out the carrot and offers it to the rabbit. The rabbit reaches for it with its front paws, eats it and says "thanks". Startled the boy says "you can talk?" The rabbit, who seemed insulted says, "well of course I can talk." The boy says, "sorry, it's just that I've never encountered a talking rabbit before, not in real life anyway." The rabbit appears to be confused and says "where are you from?" The boy points to the area where he arrived through the cave. The rabbit looks to where the boy has pointed. The rabbit shrugs and seems satisfied.

The boy wonders why the rabbit didn't ask for anymore details on where he had come from. So, the boy says, "you don't seem surprised that I came here from another place." The rabbit said, "I have heard of many entrances into Narnia. All Narnians know of the story of the Kings and Queens of old." The boy looks confused and says, "what's Narnia?" The rabbit attempts to hold back a laugh and says, "this is Narnia, it starts from this lantern and goes all the way to the ruins at the great castle Cair Paravel." The boy wonders if he has walked more further into the cave than he thought.

The rabbit says, "you must be a son of adam." The boy says, "my father's name isn't adam." Again, the rabbit tries not to laugh. The boy looks around and wonders if he should try to get back to his family, thinking they might be worried. The rabbit says,"my name is Storm Cloud, what's yours?" The boy looks at the rabbit and sees his grayish color and realizes that's probably how he got his name. The boy says, "my name is Peter, I was named after my Uncle Peter." Storm Cloud says, "well Peter it's my pleasure to meet you. I haven't met a son of adam before so I can honestly say what a pleasure this has been." Peter feels a little hurt and says, you're leaving?" Storm Cloud says, "I am on my way to meet with the great Aslan himself. He has sent for me in particular." Peter becomes more curious and asks "who is Aslan?" Storm Cloud says, "Aslan is our great king and the son of the emperor beyond the sea."

Peter suddenly decides going on an adventure would be a lot more fun than heading back to his family. Peter asks, would it be OK with you if I went with you? I do love an adventure and I wouldn't be any trouble?" Storm Cloud considers this and says, "sure you can come." Peter says, thank you so much." So, Storm Cloud says, "follow me." Storm Cloud begins to hop past the lantern and Peter follows him....

What do you guys think so far? I'm going to stop for now. I'll try not to forget about this story to add some more. :D

Please continue, Lucy, though this would be more appropriate in the Professor's Writing Club.

My story, linked in my sig, was meant to be a Susan redemption story, but after my computer messed up a while ago, I tried to save it onto a thumb drive to transfer it back to my reformatted computer, but it failed. I was almost finished with it, too. I will try soon to get back to finishing the final chapter or chapters of the story.

MrBob

I agree with Mr Bob -- please keep going!

But I also agree it would be best to move it over to its own thread in Professors Writing Club form because here other people wil be interjecting with their thoughts on Susan's making it to new Narnia. Over in Prof Writing Club it will have its own dedicated thread.

Back