How should Narnia come back to the big screen?

Specter

Meeting the World
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
Royal Guard
Movies take a very long time to produce. Now that David Magee is working on the screenplay for*The Silver Chair, we are hoping for a return in live-action. But is this the best solution for*The Chronicles of Narnia? I think that Narnia might be better suited to another format. One that isn’t...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit http://www.narniafans.com for full story, cast lists, trailers, and more! If you're reading this on Facebook, click "View Original Post" below ]]
vFHSxaUKVhQ

More...

It shouldn't so long as those who were associated with Dawn Treader are attached to it. As much as I long to see Silver Chair and Horse and His Boy adapted, I just can't get over the betrayal I feel by Prince Caspian and more especially by Dawn Treader. I would just assume they leave the rest of the series alone and let me enjoy Lion for what it is. A good adaptation in a trilogy of bad ones.

I think it should come back to the big screen

ok i know that i will have rotten tomatoes thrown at me for saying this :) i think that Narnia should come back to the big screen or if they cannot get The Silver Chair to the big screen they should direct it & then put it straight away on DVD & Blu-ray, I think that Ben Barnes should come back for a cameo appearance as old King Caspian, & yes i think that Will Pouliter should come back as Eustance even though he is an adult i think he can pull it off one more time, also whatever actress that audtions for the role of Jill Pole will do just fine :)

Actually, I'd like to see a remake of the bbc mini series. But for all seven parts. As much 21th century technology as it needs, but not overdone as the new movies. I'd love it!

Will Poulter today is not so much too old as he is too TALL.

I would like to see an attempt to film "The Magician's Nephew," because (1) it would give NEW viewers an idea of what all the other books are about, and (2) it is sufficiently separate from the other stories that it would not be absolutely necessary for ANY of its actors, even the one playing Jadis, to be retained for other movies.

Two things need to be AVOIDED like poison in any new Narnian movie:

(1) Taking the brave and bold children LEWIS imagined and changing them into whining 21st-century teenagers.

(2) Discarding Lewis' thoughtful, measured narrative pace in favor of a screaming, frantic, adrenaline-crazed action-fest of endless chases and emergencies, which is what Peter Jackson did to ruin "The Hobbit."

Actually, I'd like to see a remake of the bbc mini series. But for all seven parts. As much 21th century technology as it needs, but not overdone as the new movies. I'd love it!

Back in the late 90's and well before the announcement of the launch of the new series, I for a long time secretly longed that someone would come along and produce HHB, MN and LB in the BBC format.

Whether or not the remaining films need to be brought to the big screen is an interesting question. If the BBC versions were re-released and successful, I wouldn't be at all surprised. And while I'm not a big fan of animation for Narnia, there are some things I enjoyed in the animated LWW; it makes for a fun family-room film.

I agree CF. Hollywood is mistaken to think that every audience wants "enhanced" storylines with magnified battles; the scenes just become too goofy. (I haven't read The Hobbit, but is Legolas in the story and does he really defy gravity by ascending falling ledges while pursuing the orc creature?). That scene had me in stitches!

Tear and Tirian, thank you for the support.

No, Legolas was not named in the book of The Hobbit; but that was because Mr. Tolkien simply had not thought of him yet. Once the character of Legolas _was_ invented, his back story as the son of King Thranduil made it logical that he _would_ have been present for the events of the earlier book. For this reason, it did not bother me at all that Legolas was featured in the Hobbit movies; he would scarcely have ducked out of a crucial battle that his father and sovereign was fighting in.

Returning to Narnia, let us suppose that a new movie of LWW is made _before_ anyone touches The Magician's Nephew. If that happens, they have a golden opportunity which Mr. A-dumb-son let escape. While still having their LWW cast together, shoot another two or three minutes of film showing Professor Kirke and the Pevensies gathered in his house _after_ the Pevensies have returned to their Earth lives. Lucy asks the Professor, "How is it that you know about Narnia?" The Professor answers, "That's a story that will take some telling...." This would be used to fade into the MN story, just as the first Hobbit movie brought back Ian Holm (one of the few things Jackson did right) to set up the "nostalgic" narrative. Other Professor-and Pevensie dialogue from the brief extra filming session would provide punctuating comments, and finally a wrap-up.

Continue the Film Franchise!!

Look the reason they should continue this film series is because it's the best way to make bigger the Narnia fan base. No one is going to sit at home and watch a small budget tv series that has been done already....Personally, skip Silver Chair and jump to Last Battle and explain SC in the beginning of that film. Then, if Last Battle does well in theaters with the box office go do MN. The reason they should do Last Battle is because all the actors of the series are in the right age!!!! Good grief the heck with new actors:mad:

I'm going to vote on the big screen idea as well. Narnia seems to be more magical when you first see it in theaters then you can get excited for its DVD release.

Look the reason they should continue this film series is because it's the best way to make bigger the Narnia fan base. No one is going to sit at home and watch a small budget tv series that has been done already....Personally, skip Silver Chair and jump to Last Battle and explain SC in the beginning of that film. Then, if Last Battle does well in theaters with the box office go do MN. The reason they should do Last Battle is because all the actors of the series are in the right age!!!! Good grief the heck with new actors:mad:

I agree. It would be pointless to see Last Battle with different actors for the Pevensie kids, they wouldn't be the same in my opinion.

Back