Star Wars vs. Eragon vs. Harry Potter vs. Twilight vs. Star Trek...

Which do you like best?

• Total voters
Star Wars = Harry Potter > Star Trek > Twilight > Eragon

But that's my own personal opinion (I've never read Eragon, but I've seen (and read) all the others)
The reason Eragon is at the bottom for me, is because the movie was perhaps one of the most terrible movies I have ever seen. I'm sure the book was better, since it's so popular.
And Twilight might be higher, if I was a girl, but I'm not.

But regardless of age and gender, HARRY POTTER AND STAR WARS FTW.

I'm Vice President of the Harry Potter Culture Club at my school; we have 350 members ;) We play Quidditch, and make wands, and I'm a Slytherin.

that's cool! i had no idea there were such clubs. do you also try to do magic and say spells and get ensnared in occult witchcraft? the reason i ask is, a lot of christians say hp is bad because it makes kids get involved in witchcraft, but i have only ever heard of one person i trust who actually knew someone that this happened to ... and i wonder if the kid might have gotten into witchcraft with or without hp ...

that's cool! i had no idea there were such clubs. do you also try to do magic and say spells and get ensnared in occult witchcraft? the reason i ask is, a lot of christians say hp is bad because it makes kids get involved in witchcraft, but i have only ever heard of one person i trust who actually knew someone that this happened to ... and i wonder if the kid might have gotten into witchcraft with or without hp ...

Oh no, a lot of Christians overreact over Harry Potter and stuff like that.
Harry Potter actually teaches you no magic at all.
We say spells and do magic, but it's about the same effect as little kids trying to use the "Force" from Star Wars.
Honestly, Harry Potter is less about magic, and just a fantasy story about good vs. evil.
Some kids get pretty eccentric about it, one girl always has her wand with her (and it's a legit wand), and some of the kids wears the scarves and such, but no one actually believes they can cast a killing curse.

And besides, with 300 members, some parents are bound to be Christians, and this is a school approved club, so obviously it's fine with everyone over here.

What we do in the club is we have magic duels (Two witches/wizards stand back to back, take ten steps, turn, and cast a spell. Whosever is more powerful, they win the duel. Really it's just a quiz if you know any Harry Potter spells)
We sorted all our members into the four houses (Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin)
We had a Halloween feast, and soon we'll have our very own Yule Ball. And due to our advantage of living in the Live Music Capitol of the United States (Austin TX), we're going to get a real wizarding band, like Harry and the Potters or someone, or make our own wizard band (One of the creators of the club is a musician, and her name is Blair, and so if we don't get a band, she's going to make one called The Blair Witch Project)

We might take a field trip, but we're not sure yet.

How we play Quidditch: Unfortunatly, we can't actually fly on broomsticks. But we still use them. You have to hold the broomstick inbetween your legs, don't drop it, or you'll fall to your death.
And the snitch isn't a gold ball that flies really fast. Instead we have a person dressed in gold who runs really fast.
Other than that, it's the same rules and setup as it is in the movies/books.

But we need to equalize our houses, there are about 150 in Gryffindor alone. And 9 in Slytherin.

...yeah sorry Trek pwns all. It's been around the longest, it has changed technology, it has sparked many actors' careers, yeah it changed the world. And ya know none of those other options would have been around if it weren't for Trek. And I mean every series too. Each show made strides in technology.

And Trekkies are still the number one fandom in the world. That's right for 20 some odd years we're still the number one most populated fans in the world. Followed closely by Harry Potter, then actually Lord of the Rings, then Star Wars. Twilight is in the top ten but not the top five. And Eragon never made the list. :p

I couldn't choose between Star Trek and Eragon!

Why couldn't it be a multiple choice poll?

Star Wars is okay, but I've never really liked it to the depth of the two I named above. It's too fantasy and not enough sci fi.

The next two I don't even like at all!

Twilight is just a lame show dedicated to lovesick romance fans.

And Harry Potter is pure evil!

Buckmana, as you've never read HP, I don't think you can judge it to be pure evil. Considering the very strong allegorical elements in it which reflect the Gospel story, and considering, for instance, the Anglican church's Sunday school curriculum based on Bible lessons to be learned from HP, I think we can maybe consider that while it's not right for you, it's not "pure evil."

I voted for Star Wars. I haven't watched any of the others except Eragon...and I share the general opinion on that movie.:rolleyes:

I haven't seen any of them, so I can't vote. :rolleyes: lol
The only thing I have seen is Star Trek the TV show, not the movie. And not even that since I was like... 8! lol

It was a toss up between Star Wars and Harry Potter

But in the end I picked Star Wars because I grew up on it. From the time I was about five, I loved it. I've written hundreds of pages worth of fanfiction (Yes, I'm guilty) and havnt stopped loving it! :D

Harry Potter is second because it's so detailed and amazing.

Star Trek (The old school one only!) because I grew up on that too. ;)

Twilight is alright. I'm not against it but I'm not crazy over it.

Eragon the movie and Brisingr killed the series for it. I was so so excited cause I preordered the book but after I read it, I regrettted spending $20 on it. I really don't like them anymore!

Back