What are you reading II

I finally finished That Hideous Strength. Now I'm in the middle of Fire by Kristin Cashore. I do not recommend.

Bash and the Pirate Pig by Burton Cole

The author is a guy who grew up WHERE MY HOME IS IN CONNEAUT OHIO and played with my uncles when they were kids. Then he wrote books about their adventures. WHERE I LIVE IS MENTIONED IN A PUBLISHED BOOK!:D:p
I got this book and its sequel when the author came and visited THE GREENHOUSE FIVE MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE COS HE KNOWS WHERE IT IS AND IS AWSOMEATIC LIKE THAT and I got to meet him and he signed the books for me complete with Bible verse references. ^_^ :D

Finally finished Child of Mine; it got more interesting near the end/last half of the book. Had my mind going in circles for sure. ;) I started The Book Thief, but the structure is making it difficult to get into it (I've seen the film).

I am actually reading a book written by MY OWN MOTHER, Gail Ravitts. She is a historian specializing in the state of Illinois, and her book is a biography of Robert Tinker, an ambitious businessman and civic leader of the nineteenth century. My old hometown of Rockford preserves Mister Tinker's Swiss-style house as a museum.

Prayer: The Great Conversation by Peter Kreeft
--this book is transformational!

Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
--how did I miss out on this series when I was growing up? Well at least I am getting to enjoy it now.

Prayer: The Great Conversation by Peter Kreeft
--this book is transformational!

--how did I miss out on this series when I was growing up? Well at least I am getting to enjoy it now.

I'm glad you're getting the chance to read Laura Ingalls Wilder's "Little House" books. I love them all, but for some reason Little Town on the Prairie was always my favorite of the series, and it still is.

You'd be surprised at how many people, even my age, who don't know that there was a book series before there was a series. The books are far better than the series though. and if you're ever in Missouri, you should visit the Wilder home(s). :)

I've given up on The Book Thief. I can't get into it because of its structure. So I'm back to reading Empire of the Summer Moon by S.C. Gwynne.

I'm currently reading the British edition of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, a book about Dr. Mutter who was a doctor and collected weird artefacts of people's bodies to study, and he had his students study them too. I'm also doing a re-read of the Anne Of Green Gables series, and reading a few books about the Impressionists, which happens to be my favorite art movement.

Back