New Wonka Movie

And Ms Violet Beauregard (sp?) she seems to be very much 'like ya know, like, a proper, like tennager, yeah?' Think Paris Hilton but with less class. (I'm so mean!)

Monkeh said:
TG. I think it has alot to do with the fact that Reloaded, LOTR, and EP I & II(Ep III not so much) were all so over hyped, that since then, nothing seems like its advertised very anymore. Even though alot of movies are being advertised as much as movies used to be.
I beg to differ. Fantastic Four is everywhere. I was at the mall today and there were HUGE banners everywhere hanging from the ceiling each with a different member of the Four. There are posters in comic book stores, cups at Burger King... just about everywhere you look are the fantastic four.

waterhogboy said:
They've replaced the geese (or it swans) with squirrels though!!!! How wrong is that!??!?
well, let's see, considering the Gene Wilder movie ("Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory") replaced the squirrels that were in the original Roald Dahl book with geese, it seems just appropriate that this new one ("Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" -- same name as the book) would revert back to the original material in the book and keep the squirrels in.

Remember, this is not a remake of the Gene Wilder movie (thank heavens) but is a more faithful adaptation of the original book.

Dragon said:
it seems just appropriate that this new one ("Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" -- same name as the book) would revert back to the original material in the book and keep the squirrels in.
Thank God! I thought I was losing my mind. I was thinking back to the book and it was squirrels, so I didn't know what WHB was talking about ... (not knowing what someone is talking about is not all that unusual with me, but when it comes to a book, I usually remember better than that!)

IS IT REALLY SQUIRRELS IN THE BOOK!!!!!!!!! :eek:

WOW!!!!!! Well - I've really shown off my literary expertise havent I!?!?

waterhogboy said:
IS IT REALLY SQUIRRELS IN THE BOOK!!!!!!!!! :eek:
WOW!!!!!! Well - I've really shown off my literary expertise havent I!?!?
Squirrels, yeah, they try to crack her shell. You must read the book, WHB. It's delightful. Roald Dahl had such a cracked sense of humor.

I liked the old Gene Wilder movie, but I am glad they are making this new movie based on the book instead of re-making the movie. Can't wait to see Johnny Depp! :cool: He's the coolest.

inkspot said:
Squirrels, yeah, they try to crack her shell. You must read the book, WHB. It's delightful. Roald Dahl had such a cracked sense of humor.

I liked the old Gene Wilder movie, but I am glad they are making this new movie based on the book instead of re-making the movie. Can't wait to see Johnny Depp! :cool: He's the coolest.

I have read the book - I just dont remember that bit!! Ive read glass elevator too.

OH you could have doubted our little british boy. though he is strong, he sometimes is forgetful and i have to send him a remembral.

tg

borntofly said:
I think it would be fun to hear Johnny Depp sing! I like musicals.

Haha - I read somewhere that the songs were the worst part of it, all in different styles and such. Can't wait to find out for myself!

so they really will be songs in it? have you seen the oompa loompas? their super tiny and they're all one guy who's been duplicated over and over agian.

If you all go see this movie :p you'll be supporting Michael Jackson and all his wickedness.

factory3.jpg

;) j/k

I know for a fact the oompa loompas sing. There's a video clip of them singing about Agustus Gloop on movies.yahoo.com.

As for the whole "Michael Jackson" thing, I don't think it supports him as much as it shows how much better Jackson would look if he had a nose.

tgraveline said:
OH you could have doubted our little british boy. though he is strong, he sometimes is forgetful and i have to send him a remembral.

tg

Sometimes forgetful!?!? Id forget me head if it werent screwed on!

Back