10 years later

Soo... ten years ago I got my toy Aslan and Susan at McDonald's ;D

Seriously... ten years... that's amazing... My first step to Narnia! I couldn't go to the cinema, but I got a DVD of BBC PC/VDT and the audiobook of LWW and started to love Narnia! I've then somehow lost it untill I've read all the books years later.

Wow! Time sure has flown. It just feels like yesterday that I was watching the promos, and making of specials on the cable channel Starz, and other outlets, and getting excited to see LWW brought to life on the big screen, and to see the Pevensies brought to life splendidly by Walden Media.

Can't believe that it'll be 10 years! That's so odd, it doesn't seem that old to me. I vividly remember seeing it in theaters, haven't actually watched it in a long time though. I suppose I should revisit it.

I am quite thankful for the movie - had it not been made I don't know if/when I would have ever read the books, which I can now say is one of my favorite series. And of course I wouldn't have met all of the lovely people here, even if many have gone and even I have become a lurker :)

Wow! 10 years. What a difference in my life from then ...

So in 2005, we were all done with an LOTR movie being released each December, but I was so happy because there was going to be a Narnia movie! When I saw the trailer, when the 3 kids first see Aslan and kneel ... I was crying! Over the trailer. You don't even want to know about the opening minutes of the movie ...

I had been in the habit of going to the movie release for my birthday in December ... and I was so excited for LWW, which I saw at home in Phoenix where I was visiting my mum, and a bunch of my PHX friends came to the film then over to my mum's house for a party ... it was lovely.

Now my old mum has passed away ... can't remember when I last saw some of those folks (it might have been at that party!). And no more Narnia movies in December. Thank goodness Hobbit came along. But now what?

It would be nice if William Moseley could be cast as some other heroic character.... WITHOUT being plagued by a revisionist director who wants to tear down and ruin that character. I could, for instance, picture William as the young D'Artagnan in a NON-revisionist Three Musketeers movie.

You know how the winters arrive and depart;
Each one leaves a bit more old age in my heart.
But rise from your bed, and we'll dance all the same;
The tree of remembrance will tell me your name.

I know! The kids were all such good actors. I wish we would see them in some more films. I hope, if they ever do get on with making more Narnia movies, that maybe they will be able to play their adult characters, like in HHB? If they ever make another Narnia film.

I should say, speaking of 10 years, I joined this Forum 10 years ago March, to find people who shared my enthusiasm for CON and be excited about the release of LWW together. It's been so fun.

I wonder what the casts are doing now though. Their infos on wikis are not updated.

I know v that Georgie Henley was in a movie with Abigail Breeslin. I don't remember the title of the movie at the moment. But if yoy want to hold onto Georgie's wholesome image, I advise not to see ot ot it. I.also know Anna Popplewell os is doing other roles too.

Ten years ago when LWW first came out, my daughter and I were out of state helping my mom because she was having difficulty living independently (going through early stages of dementia). My daughter was homeschooling, so we were more mobile then, and I remember drawing murals for a Narnia Room at my mom's church. The children's ministry director was going to host a series of lessons keyed in to the story of Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe with scriptural tie-ins for children in this room, and to enter you had to push past all these coats hanging in a fake wardrobe flanking the door to the room. It was a lot of fun! And I got a wardrobe necklace as a thank you gift from the church form my help setting up the room.

That's cool -- but bittersweet, too, remembering your mum. My mum went with us to the film on my birthday, for my birthday party. She was always up for anything. After she started getting the dementia, she still was. I remember one visit my sister came to Phoenix, and she had to fly home on a crazy early morning red eye, so I was going to have to take her real early to the airport -- and it was opening day of one of the HP movies, so we took my my mum with us, my brother and my niece to the midnight premiere and then right to the airport to drop my sister off. My mum was was sun-downing anyway, so she didn't mind being up all night, and she always wanted to be with us ... Sad memories but sweet ones, too.

Wow! All y'alls stories are amazing and very touching! Everyone on this forum inspires me so much to be a better version of me and to embrace the challenges life throws at one. I remember that 10 years ago i was a wide eyed imaginative little girl who loved Narnia and had no idea what crazy, difficult and terrifying challenges she would have to face very soon. But looking back on it now it was all worth it. And Narnia helped me realize who my true friends were and who were not my true friends. Narnia also helped me learn life lessons and develop bonds with people that i hope will never break. For me, Narnia will always be real. And to think! I'm still a child and have so much more of my life to live. Long live Narnia!

Aww, Lucy's Maid, your story is inspiring, too! Thanks for sharing it. It's so cool to think about a small child when the film came out, now a teenager (I am guessing? or a little orlder) still loving Narnia. :) If you love the books, I think you love them for life, because they always have something new to say to you.

Thank you inkspot! You're right that i'm still a teenager and that i love the books. My family and i drove a lot when i was younger so my mom bought all the books on CD and i listened to them along with reading them a ton! So when the movies came out (especially the first one :)) I knew the books inside and out. And so far the books have stuck with me and i know they always will. especially Lucy because i was a lot like her and still am.

Nice! I know exactly how you feel ... the books are like old friends. And because the messages in them continue to be true, no matter what your age, they always have something to impart.

Back