• black_cloak

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • holyboy666

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Dernhelm

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to agree with you there. Oh, btw. I think Lossëndil deserves some kind of award for bringing back all these wonderful old threads! Who agrees? :D

:eek: To wake up one day, and find that one has been made a member of The Brotherhood of The Can! Wow!

Thanks guys. :) I'll need to put that in my sig. But I'm afraid it will have to wait till seven days after June Fourth. :eek:

congratulations, lossendil!

do we have a banner or anything for the members, since we have one for the knights? nevermind, she'll be knight soon enough :p

don't stone me for this, but... why's june fourth so important? i thought it was july fourth?

I suppose you could be forgiven for not knowing, since you were only one years old, and in Germany, when it happened. :p

If you don't want a history lesson, to put it simply, in Mahy 1989, many Chinese students were protesting at the Tiananmen Square (in Beijing). They were protesting against a one-party dictatorship, corruption and a bunch of other stuff. They stayed at the square, organized demonstrations etc. By June fourth of that year, the government (a.k.a Communtist Party of China) decided that they had enough, and took military action. Troops were sent to the Tiananmen Square to get rid of the students. Many were jailed, some were killed etc. And to this day, the Communist Party refuses to speak of it. Most people in China have conveniantly "forgotten" it. A search on the internet (from Mainland China) would show almost no results. Even the Wikipedia page on the June Fourth incident is blocked.

So each year in Hong Kong there's a gathering, to remember those who died, or where unfairly treated. And to demand the Chinese government to face the facts. We also like to throw in a demand for democracy, even if that's as impossible as the 1000,000 posts thread.

My mom mentioned that to my once, but I didn't realize how covered-up it had been. :(

sadder yet, i don't even think i want to know about all the awful things that happen in the world that we don't know about.

sigh.

anyone have a more cheerful topic?

Back