New C.S. Lewis Subsection - Vote Here

Title for Subsection

• Shadowlands (shadowlands.narniafans.com)

Votes: 107 72.3%
  • MerelyLewis (merely.narniafans.com or something like it)

Votes: 41 27.7%

• Total voters
The Joss Ackland version of Shadowlands was far and away superior to the Anthony Hopkins version. Wasn't the Hopkins version directed by Richard Attenborough? He has a bias against Christianity, and it showed in his trying to make Mr. Lewis less wise and less good than he really was.

About The Poll

Hey, I'm new here and just thought I'd post an idea for the poll. Instead of MerelyLewis, how about SimplyLewis or something that doesn't sound quite so derogatory to anything related to C.S.L. Simply Lewis isn't that great, but I think I prefer it or MerelyLewis to Shadowlands. :)

Signed,
Clive Staples Lewis fan, loyal Narnian, unbent Thulcandrian

I chose shadowlands. By the way, does anyone know where the term came from? There's Gresham's autobiography but I believe its a reference to MacDonald's book The Golden Key. (The land from which the shadows fall) Anyone familiar with it?

Hey, I'm new here and just thought I'd post an idea for the poll. Instead of MerelyLewis, how about SimplyLewis or something that doesn't sound quite so derogatory to anything related to C.S.L. Simply Lewis isn't that great, but I think I prefer it or MerelyLewis to Shadowlands. :)

Signed,
Clive Staples Lewis fan, loyal Narnian, unbent Thulcandrian

'Mere' isn't derogatory when speaking of someone as humble as Lewis. In fact, I'd consider 'mereness' as a great aspiration. :)

shoddy lands

The title for this C.S. Lewis section "shadowlands" reminds me of a short story he wrote called The Shoddy Lands

Also as random piece of pop-culture Brooke Frazer's song shadow feet and C.S. Lewis song are both in tribute of C.S. Lewis (both worth checking out)

I casted my vote to shadowlands.. So that's it for now.. But I would like to read more of Mr. Lewis' works and I found this one.. The Screwtape Letters..:D

We're trying to decide on a name for our new C.S. Lewis book section. We have two names to decide between.

This section will feature all Lewis and Narnia related books, indepth essays and more writings.

We've got another subsection coming soon, as well, so whatever doesn't win, it may go to the other.

Narnia was never been complete without...

C.S. LEWIS! :D

Back