Camp Rock and It's Sequal

Camp rock 2...what do you think

• Total voters

onlymystory

Circus Ringmaster
Knight of the Noble Order
I figured we needed a thread for the new movie, Camp Rock. It was an absolutely fantastic movie!!!! Now if you're looking for the next Oscar winner, you won't find it. But for a fun, entertaining, clean movie its great. And he may be a little young for me but Joe Jonas is hot. :D
Demi Lovato was great too. Gorgeous voice!

What'd everyone else think?

I can't wait for it to come out here! But judging from the reviews so far, I've heard it's great. Who knew my boys could act? *emotional moment*

Haha. I'm incredibly jealous of Demi Lovato for getting to act with them. I don't think I've seen her in any other Disney movie/series.

She's in the short series, As The Bell Rings. I keep watching it over and over on youtube. (camp rock that is, not as the bell rings)

I don't have a television...AHHHHHHH.....so I can't watch the movie. I'm dying to though. Tell me everything..What was your favorite part? The silliest part? The funniest?

She's in the short series, As The Bell Rings. I keep watching it over and over on youtube. (camp rock that is, not as the bell rings)

SHE IS? As which character? I watch As the Bell Rings when there's nothing else on Disney, so I know all the characters xD How sad am I.

EDIT: Dang. You'd be watching the US version of As the Bell Rings, wouldn't you? The characters are different in the UK version D:
There are like 5 versions of the series! Singapore, Germany, UK, US...

I figured we needed a thread for the new movie, Camp Rock. It was an absolutely fantastic movie!!!! Now if you're looking for the next Oscar winner, you won't find it. But for a fun, entertaining, clean movie its great. And he may be a little young for me but Joe Jonas is hot. :D
Demi Lovato was great too. Gorgeous voice!

What'd everyone else think?

I loved it! I recorded it on DVR and have watched it a few times now. the thing I loved about it was that it was as you said onlymystory it was clean and the story line was prety good. the music was fantastic (much better than HSM) and Demi's voice is inspiering. Personally my fave out of the brothers was Kevin...he was great :D

I don't have a television...AHHHHHHH.....so I can't watch the movie. I'm dying to though. Tell me everything..What was your favorite part?

My fave part...that is a hard one. I think one of them would have to be when Michi (Demi) is in the kitchen and Shane (Joe) walkes in. I'll just quote it for you since you haven't seen the movie.
Shane walkes into the kitchen looking around.
"Hello." he called out waiting for a responce. Michi still crouching behind the counter slowly pulls a chef hat out trying to be silent but the bags of flour and sugar rustle wiht her movement. "Hello?" Shane glances around the kitchen again getting a little more perterbed, "I knoe your in here. I can hear you." she was descovered. Michi looked around her little hiding place trying to find somehting to descise her face. no one could know she worked in the kitchen. frowning she reached into the flour bag and wiht one huge handful covered her face. that should do it. She stood up her compleatly white face rising slowly from behind the counter. she tiried forcing a smile.
"you work here?" Shane asked still trying to take in the sight before him.
"well...I...yes." michi finally got out looking down at the floor.
"Wow, you really get into your work." shane stated with a rased eyebrow. he then melted into his usual pop star swagar. he reached over and picked up one of the cupcakes taking a little swipe of it's blue frosting with his finger. "I'm Shane Grey." he said licking his fingure, "but I am sure that even the kitchen help knows that." Michi's smile returned to her face her eyes glowling from behind the white pouder.
"Yah I know. It's nice to meet you."
"No, actually it's not." he said his flurtatiouse grin vanishing as he set down the cup cake. "See I told my manager to send down my food alergies list and since I couldn't even go near my breakfast today I," he paused and rolled his eyes, "Can I just talk to whoever is in charge?" this was more of a comand then a statement. Michi knitted her brow at his rude behavior.
"you know you are being really rude." she stated
"and you are?" he asked perterbed at her nerve
"A person and there is a way to talk to a person and that's not it." Michi didn't waver in her corection but stood her grownd. Shane was shoked and the froun quickly left his face.
"oh...well...I'l just have my manager send it over again." he said quietly stepping towards the door. no one had ever talked to him like that since he had become a star.
"ehem," Michi cleared her throught just before he left.
"thank you?" Shane said a confused look crossing his face.
"Much better." Michi smiled and nodded her head. good she had gotten her point across.

The silliest part?
I think the silliest part is when the brothers came to visit Joe at camp.
Group Hug! totally silly

The funniest?
that I hosestly can't say because there were a TONE of really great parts.

Princey~yeah I'm watching the US version of As the Bell Rings, oh well

So after watching it about 5 times (I know, I know, I'm obsessive) I would say the funniest parts are with Kevin. His obsession with the birdhouse is great. Same for silliest parts.

Personally, the greatest was when Mitchie (Demi Lovato) has to admit that her mom isn't some bigshot (by the way, anyone else notice that her mom is standing behind Tess? I didn't until the 3rd time I watched it) and Shane (Joe Jonas) hears her. I certainly know better than to expect Oscar worthy performances but it seems like most movies that have that moment of being honest (which a lot to do because all of us like to make ourselves sound better than we are) the person who lied is upset but the person who was lied to is just angry and ticked off but always storms off in a huff. Having been the person who is lied to, I know that you really want to cry and are overly emotional because of how that person treated you. I thought Joe did a really amazing job in that scene. He went from surprised, ticked off, to incredibly choked up and upset very quickly and it was believable. That for me was my favorite because it vindicated my opinion that he was a good actor. (better than hsm where no one sheds a tear)

But the whole thing rocked :D

I thought it was a cute movie. I liked the music; that was my favorite part. Although, my favorite quote has to be:

"GROUP HUG! Ah, it hasn't been the same just hugging Nate!":D

The movie was alright. I liked some of the music better than Kevin's acting. Poor kid. But yeah, I was disappointed that Allison Stoner didn't show off her amazing dancing skills! Girl can dance! :eek:

I know!! That one part was not enough to show her off!

Apparently it took Kevin like 20 tries to get that group hug line. He kept saying Nick or Joe or Shane but never Nate, haha.

And granted it wasn't like Oscar worthy or anything but its a movie where I just expect to have fun, enjoy the whole thing and feel upbeat after. And it more than accomplished that. Plus it has the Jonas Brothers in it! :D

Apparently it took Kevin like 20 tries to get that group hug line. He kept saying Nick or Joe or Shane but never Nate, haha.

And granted it wasn't like Oscar worthy or anything but its a movie where I just expect to have fun, enjoy the whole thing and feel upbeat after. And it more than accomplished that. Plus it has the Jonas Brothers in it! :D

Where can you watch it online? The DC site is being mean and I want to see this movie really badly coz I'm in love with Nick Jonas, so I'm gonna admit that. LOL. :rolleyes:

I have to agree with you that the Keven parts are the greatest but there was one time when he said, "It hasn't been the same without hugging nate..." still wrong :D

good plan. Just know we may spoil some parts on here without meaning too. And of course, you'll watch it once and then be online watching it over and over :D

^ yeah, I know what you mean.

But, I loved camp rock! It was really clean and I liked that. I was also really happy that there were no kisses in it. Most movies now a days have to have a kiss. But, I was so proud of this movie.

Back