The Avengers (2012)

That would be a cool scene for a movie actually. Minus the "you" part. No offence. Unless your an actor, then go for it. Heehee.

I actually am an actor: various stage roles, and three years with a Renaissance festival. If my wife complained about my being on the same set with Scarlett Johansson, I would just remind her what a good sport I am about HER celebrity-crush on Antonio Banderas.

So, I just saw the Avengers, alas I did not see the post-rolling-credit scene. It was a great movie. I loved the one-liners. "Hulk. Smash." might be my favorite but the One God comment was pretty good too.

So, I just saw the Avengers, alas I did not see the post-rolling-credit scene.

My friend saw it for the 2nd time on Friday (I told her I was extremely jealous), and said, "There was a scene after the very end of the credits!" I replied, "yes, I know. They were eating shawarma."

Still aggravated that I missed it! :mad:

My dad had been complaining about this movie a lot, before it came out... he was upset that characters like Ant-Man and the Wasp weren't in it, and how crappy he said it looked. And I was telling him he shouldn't be so negative towards it. But he was upset about how movies based on comics were never 100% true to the comics

He was also really upset about Black Widow being in it, though. He just really doesnt like her

After watching it, he ended up liking it more than I did, haha. I did like it, though. He was just more amazed by it than I was. It was good! Thor had me laughing a lot

My dad had been complaining about this movie a lot, before it came out... he was upset that characters like Ant-Man and the Wasp weren't in it, and how crappy he said it looked. And I was telling him he shouldn't be so negative towards it. But he was upset about how movies based on comics were never 100% true to the comics

He was also really upset about Black Widow being in it, though. He just really doesnt like her

After watching it, he ended up liking it more than I did, haha. I did like it, though. He was just more amazed by it than I was. It was good! Thor had me laughing a lot

I think this proves my point that you have to see something before fully determining if it's good or bad in comparison to what you expect it to be (in regards to movie adaptations). Glad your dad had a change of heart! ;)

Near the end of the movie, a TV broadcast was depicted interviewing survivors of the crisis in downtown New York. A young woman spoke with gushing gratitude about Captain America having saved her life. I wonder if they were setting that woman up to MEET the Captain in his next solo movie, and become his love interest?

I hope not.

I saw it again last night, and stayed until the very very end to see the 2nd extra scene...it was funny, but ridiculously pointless.

Avengers has set another record: it's now the 3rd highest grossing film of ALL time, coming in behind Titanic and Avatar (go figure! will anything ever knock those two films off their perch???). This comes just a single month after the film was released.

Avengers has set another record: it's now the 3rd highest grossing film of ALL time, coming in behind Titanic and Avatar (go figure! will anything ever knock those two films off their perch???). This comes just a single month after the film was released.

LOL I know! Close to 3 billion is a crazy record! I can bet you almost anything Avengers 2 will..

But I wonder how it ranks when you adjust box-office income in proportion to inflation over the decades of cinema history.

Perhaps they should compare movies by number of tickets sold as a percentage of the nation's population at the time any movie was released.

I read somewhere that, adjusted for inflation, the #1 grossing film of all time was and solidly remains Gone With The Wind.

Okay, so I had to share this because it was so funny...

last night I had a dream that I was in a room with Chris Evans (Capt. America) and we were discussing Avengers. But for the life of me, I don't know why or what we were really talking about. And I really did NOT like waking up from that dream. ;) I woke up and went, "dang it. Why did they have to start mowing the lawn at 7:30 a.m.?! Ruined a perfectly awesome dream."

Back