The Gone, Away, and Returned Thread II

I wish I could be here more often than I am.. But I just wanted to give you guys an update on what's going on with me. Back in April my husband and I got a job at a private christian boarding school as house parents. We are working and living in a house with six elementary girls. It is super fun, but it also keeps us pretty busy!
I miss you all, and I hope to be on here more, but yeah, that's where I've been lately :)

"Attention, everyone!"

I have returned! After a busy summer of working at my favorite camp-with-little-to-no-internet-connection, I am back at college. Hopefully I will have more time to be on here now. I look forward to typing with you all once more this school season.:)

*Creeps on shamefacedly*

*whispers* I'm a coward for not coming on here and doing this earlier.

As you might have noticed I haven't been on in ages upon ages. That's because I knew I didn't have time to check everything and that would drive me crazy. So I've dropped on knowing that I won't be able to check things just so I can tell you all:

My school is crazy. I'm crazy busy. I shall probably not be on much between now and December 16.

But hopefully I'll be on after that to talk about STAR WARS.

Poor GG. She got eaten and still does not know it! --Praying for your studies dear heart. Just come when you can, you're always welcome.

Praying for your studies too, Anne Marie.

Hullo Jewel, Sir Cabbage, Mewsie and BK!!

Just posting to let you all know I still think of you.. I just haven't got the time to be online, and I keep forgetting it..

How's everyone doing here? :)

*eats GG* If you don't see this, I have my revenge. For once.

*eats Glen*

I wouldn't have noticed if Benisse hadn't referenced it.

Poor GG. She got eaten and still does not know it! --Praying for your studies dear heart. Just come when you can, you're always welcome.

Praying for your studies too, Anne Marie.

Hullo Jewel, Sir Cabbage, Mewsie and BK!!

I've only got three classes this semester. I really should be better about this...

Just posting to let you all know I still think of you.. I just haven't got the time to be online, and I keep forgetting it..

How's everyone doing here? :)

Hi! Long time no see. We've missed you. I think we're all doing pretty well.

i'm ashamed of TDL right now & i don't care if my post gets deleted

i just wanted to tell everyone i will not be coming back to TDL because i'm ashamed of this site, the disrespectful atttuides that are coming out of the theological side of the forum are just disrespectful & divisive, if unbelievers saw this they would be ashamed to come here & right now i'm really not getting fed on here anymore, i will no longer be posting anymore of my art work here & i'm leaveing the FB group as well, i know that alot of people will say well you didn't have to read that side of the forum & i understand that, but is that how believers should act toward those who may be searching for Jesus????

can anyone tell me how to get a hold of spector to delete my account??? i'm not coming back to TDL, God bless everyone of you,

To shortangel:

I am very sorry you feel that way... It's very sad to me that anyone who ever comes on this forum should leave with that feeling. I admit that I do not post or read very often in the theological threads, so I can't speak for anyone who posts there. I would be curious though, if you would be willing, to know exactly what you're talking about and some examples... through PMs please! I know just looking through a couple threads in The Socratic Club there have been some very heated discussions that, from the most recent posts, looked like they may have gotten a bit out of hand... I will have to go back and read them all the way through.

And I'll just say that from my experience Christian believers, even ones who theologically believe the same things, have many different view on many different subjects. And we sometimes have very strong and vehement disagreements... And that's okay. I think should definitely be a place here where we can disagree on and debate issues of the day... It's important I think for us to learn what other people think. Where we tend to go wrong is in engaging in the kinds of things you mentioned... Being disrespectful and nasty to others... But in my mind, there's nothing we can do to stop that from happening occasionally. It's how we react when someone starts to be disrespectful or divisive that should set us apart from unbelievers... And hopefully we react in a loving way... But the reality is that that doesn't always happen... In theory that's why we have mods and others to help steer the discussions back to civil discussions...

Haha, none of this probably helps, so I'll just go back to my original purpose. I do hope you'll reconsider leaving, or at least wait a few days before deciding. I know I never make good or loving decisions while I am upset with someone or something... Just a suggestion. And again I would be curious to know, by PM, what kinds of posts you are talking about.

-Machia

Dear shortangel, You know I will/do miss you.

I appreciate your spiritual sensitivity; and in case you peek back on here, I thank you for your comments. I think you will see that the posts that concerned you have been modified by the people involved and that they have worked things out on their own.

I tried to e-mail you privately using your registration address, but it bounced. As for your account is concerned, it will go dormant rather than be completely deleted. If you ever do decide to revisit your decision, you will be able to log on again.

Quite sad to see you go shortangel. I actually came on here today and expected a happy Easter/spring party thread started by you, as you always seemed to do around holidays. It seems odd not to see your posts, and you will be missed, but always welcomed if you come back.

I miss everyone, I miss the people from eight years ago :( Hahaha, I may not be here all the time but I know that in one way or another, I'll end up coming back, even for a very short time, here to check on all of you.. :D

Man, those days... hahahaa

I miss everyone, I miss the people from eight years ago :( Hahaha, I may not be here all the time but I know that in one way or another, I'll end up coming back, even for a very short time, here to check on all of you.. :D

Man, those days... hahahaa

Hey, that's me... XD

Nice to see you. Also, have I ever mentioned that I like your username?

Back