• Episode I: The Phantom Menace

• Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• Clone Wars Animated

• Episode VII: The Force Awakens

• Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

• Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Results are only viewable after voting.
Besides, I think Star Wars fans would murder him with how coldly the newest three movies were accepted. (How they were accepted in spirit, not box office count).

I definitely agree.

I irked me greatly to hear Christensen had been inserted into the original films on the more recent DVD boxed set re-release of 4, 5 and 6. I would much rather forget he had anything to do with the Star Wars franchise, as he is easily the worst actor across any of the films - Mark Hamill wasn't exactly stunning, but his occasional slips pale in comparison to the stunted wooden performance that Christensen seemed to think was 'acting' (though he certainly wasn't helped by the lacklustre script).

Yet perhaps even worse was that the dialogue in Revenge of the Sith was so bad that towards its close, it successfully made one of the greatest voices in cinema, James Earl Jones, sound amateur and melodramatic.

I don't agree with you in all of this Slideyfoot, because it was not only Hayden who played less in ROTS, but also Ewan macGregor could do far better. But that is a matter of opinion. I think the whole trilogy was not what everybody expected. And they changed the end of ROTJ and put Hayden in it because he played Anakin and Anakin should get his looks back as he was before he was burned. I don't really bother myself at that part. It was only a small change and too less important to make myself angry about it.

See the thing is Hayden Christensen has the personality of a cardboard box in the movies. He brings no real emotion to the part.

And about him being added in Return of the Jedi it's not a HUGE deal for me. I'm not really pleased with him there, but at the same time I can see why it's been added. Anikan was not as old as the original actor in ROTJ was. He was still young when he became Darth Vader and the first actor looked to be the same age as Obi-Wan when he died. So, while I like the original ending better, I don't put up much of a fight with the new one because I see that it makes more sense to have Anikan as he looked when he became Lord Vader. What really gets me is that I hate Hayden Christensen, I'd mind a lot less if some other actor had been Anikan.

Peter lover said:
I don't really bother myself at that part. It was only a small change and too less important to make myself angry about it.

Clearly you need to work on developing a pettier nature and higher degree of pedantry in your outlook. :p

well, i see many people have their opinions about Hayden's acting, I do too, and I agree with you guys. However, it occurred to me that since we don't know how they express their emotions in that galaxy and at that time, we can't really judge whether it was the actor's fault/lack of talent or simply that they behave differently than we do.
i know, that's a dumb excuse/reason, but oh well, it just popped into my mind one day. i really don't know why i'm defending Hayden, but i just had to let that out.

laters,
CHILDOFASLAN

I love every single Star Wars!
I think each one is brilliant in their own way.
I hate when people who claim to be fans, offend the prequels or Hayden Christensen for not playing Anakin well enough for them. To be honest I just wanna say to them, well George Lucas thought he was good and he invented the entire thing! If you were a real fan you'd understand that! I mean, how can YOU say how ANakin should be played? Only George Lucas can do that!
I also hate people comparing classics to newer ones, I mean, you CAN'T compare classics to new ones! It's completely different!
I love 'em all :D
Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin, Luke, Han, Leia, THEY ALL KICK ASS!

~Manda

Yeah it's intersting to note that Geroge Lucas didn't write the screenplays (including dialogue) for Eps. V and VI. He said himself that he couldn't write dialogue (which shows in the prequels btw). It's true that the prequels were flawed and occasionally annoying, but there are some real gems in there that people tend to pass over.

I actaully like Ep. I a lot, Qui-Gon Jin is my favorite charachter in the whole series. Darth Maul was a great villian, he was quiet, dark, mysterious, and a very effecient warrior. Unfortunately most people overlook these characthers when thinking of Ep. I simply because Jar Jar was such an overly obnoxious charachter.

Same goes for Ep. II, the chase over Coruscant was spectacular, the Battle of Geonosis was done extremely well, and the plot elements from the movie are very important. I like the way that Lucas slowly revealed what was happening throughout the movie, without giving away too much.

So anyway that's my two cents worth.

Sorry if I get carried away, I'm a big Star Wars fan. :D

quote:
Same goes for Ep. II, the chase over Coruscant was spectacular, the Battle of Geonosis was done extremely well, and the plot elements from the movie are very important. I like the way that Lucas slowly revealed what was happening throughout the movie, without giving away too much.

I agree totally!
I loved the Geonosis Arena bit, especially seeing all the jedi in action XD I love all the Star Wars, they're fantastic!
I thought Hayden was great for Anakin anyway :D
He was fantastic at using a light sabre too!
I love the Anakin/Obi -Wan fight at the end of episode III, VERY good :)
argh just put it this way, I love all of it!

~Manda

lol. Yes the battle at the end between Obi and Anikan was tre amazing. Episode three really satisfied me, made me actually appreciate the prequels...:p

Yep I think the battle was one of my favourite bits in all the movies, but the end was so sad :( especially the- SPOILER TO THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO KNOW LOOK AWAY!
'you were the chosen one!'
and then he says he hates him!
so sad....
hmm i like the chase through the city in Attack of the Clones too...and Yoda vs Count Dooku!
(he kicks ass doesn't he..Yoda i mean!)
whooooop I love STAR WARS!
*sings star wars theme tune*

~Manda

EDIT: AND i love the bit where that sleazy sorta guy in the bar asks Obi-Wan whether he wants to buy some Death Sticks? *cracks up*

Last edited:
LOL the death sticks thing was real funny. I call them that officially now. :D

rofl yes that's priceless!
I love Anakin actually, I thought he was really quite good, and rather funny at times too :)
And Obi-Wan-priceless ;D
The whole,
''Then we decided to come rescue you.''
*looks at handcuffed hands*
''Good job.''
lol
hehehe and i love Yoda,
''Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarassing.''
I LOOVE STAR WARS WHOOOOP!

~Manda

Apparently, and this may only be hearsay (I heard it from someone who went on a course with Ewan McGregor), McGregor was so disgusted by the script that he complained loudly on-set at how utterly unreadable it was, while still miced up.

I'd be interested to know how many of those who grew up with the original Star Wars prefer the lacklustre recent efforts. It seems those who are too young to remember the first trilogy are capable of forgiving the numerous flaws of the new films; I can't.

I love the classics AND the prequels. You can't compare classics to new. Just can't. It;s completely different.
I love them all :D

~Manda

My English teacher went to Secondary School with Ewan McGregor and she said she has his E-Mail!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! And she wont let any of us have it- unless we get good GCSE results!!!!!!

i love star wars. how can you say "may the force be with you all" if you think narnia will be better than star wars. it'll be awsome of course, probably better than the lord of the rings, but, come on, star wars has history. i've seen all the movies too many times to count, since the first time i saw new hope when i was 4 and loved 'em. episode 1 is the worst, lotr and con definately are better than it, but it's still better than a lot of other stuff. I went to the midnight showing of sith and saw it at noon the next day, too. i hav posters all over my bedroom, lotr too, but not as many and i'm working on con.

i think hayden christenson was great in sith, while 2 left things to be desired. he may not be worthy of awards, but if someone else had done it you couldn't honestly say it would be better, and when has star wars acting been good in the past, that you recal, other than christopher lee and alec guinness?

anyway, the soundtrack for sith is unbeatable.

*agrees*

i agree you can't compare the new to old. really, the people who critisize the old ones now should study thier history better. they may not look like much now to those who are into effects but think about the breakthroughs that were made by star wars. they covered so much ground, things would be totally diferent if they hadn't.

and if you have problems with "flaws" in the new ones, just remember, it's the way george wants it to be. his lifes work is just abut over, and he's satisfied. to argue with that when he is the one who gave it to you in the first place is a sacralige.

Back