Me, a Duffer?!? II

So stick the stake through his leg or something, to minimize the possibility of killing him by stake? Possibly combined with a muzzle?

I had assumed anyone rescuing a dying thread would do so out of sheer love and devotion to them! I am outraged that you bring filthy money into something so pure and noble as reviving a duffer thread!

This is the Land of Duffers. Anything I say must necessarily be a joke. However, that would mean that this is a joke. But if this is a joke, then not everything I say is a joke.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Why do you use Early Modern English? Why do you loosely quote the Princess Bride? Why do you end a statement on an exclamation mark? So many questions.

The difference between Duffering and joking is that jokes require taking serious things lightly. Duffering requires you to be serious about...I would have said light things, but only the Can and Duffer Sun have very much light. It's a terrible problem, the lack of light sources in Dufferland. Our electricity usually only comes on to kill people.

Joking is the base amusement of the lower classes, and is sometimes also employed by nobility in an effort to lighten the mood, which invariably fails and produces even more awkwardness as people realize their fake laughter is clearly recognizable as such.

Duffering has been defined so many times by now that it suffices to redirect you to the first page, fourth (?) post of the Duffer Encyclopedia, 2nd Edition.

Last edited:
(You're supposed to whalesplat him now, Freckles. Also, note that he prefers the more psychopathic definition.)

No, he prefers the clever wordplay. I can live with that. Wordplays are seductive; it's easy to believe that what is smooth and catchy and symmetrical is also true.

What bothers me far more is that you posted before me and despite editing my post, I did not see it right away!

I like your definition, too, Glen, and since you're a mod, you should add it to the Encyclopedia.

Back