What are you reading II

I haven't read much lately, so I've made it a point to dedicate an hour a day to reading. Currently I'm reading "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac. A friend of mine recommended this book, and others written by the beatniks of the 40s and 50s. I tried reading "Naked Lunch" by William S. Burroughs, but his style is so confusing I couldn't get through more than a chapter and even then I still had no idea what was happening.

Currently reading Catch-22, which is very funny. Reminds me rather of M*A*S*H the movie. Also attempting The Gulag Archipelago, we'll see how far I actually get.

I haven't read much lately, so I've made it a point to dedicate an hour a day to reading. Currently I'm reading "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac. A friend of mine recommended this book, and others written by the beatniks of the 40s and 50s. I tried reading "Naked Lunch" by William S. Burroughs, but his style is so confusing I couldn't get through more than a chapter and even then I still had no idea what was happening.

I liked On the Road a lot. Never read anything by Burroughs except Junkie, and When the Hippos Were Boiled in Their Tanks (which he wrote with Jack Kerouac). I liked the last book, which was the easiest to read.

I'm working on That Hideous Strength again and also a teen novel a friend wanted me to read. I'm not recommending that one, so I won't bother telling you what it is. ;)

still reading Canterbury Tales, and probably will be for the rest of my life.

I remember having to read only part of those for high school. Gag. Me. I don't do Old English literature though.

As for me, I haven't really had a chance to read the last couple of weeks. Okay, so I binge watched 2 1/4 seasons of Call the Midwife, but really, it's educational. :p I bought the novelization of Star Wars Episode II, and Empire of the Summer Moon (not Star Wars related), but I haven't read either of them just yet. the OCD side of me would really like to read The Phantom Menace novelization first, but I couldn't find it used. Pooh.

My husband and I are currently reading through the book of Isaiah. I have started any pleasure reading, as of yet. Still unpacking and a majority of our books are still in transit. haha

Finished The Phantom Menace. Probably won't have time to read the other two in the trilogy because I just moved and I'm trying to get all my junk unpacked. ;)

Back