David Magee finishes The Silver Chair Script

Specter

Meeting the World
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
Royal Guard
There have been many rumors about*The Silver Chair*over the last year. Now it seems that screenwriter David Magee has finished the final draft of the script. According to this screenshot of a tweet (his twitter account is private): “Completed the final draft of The Silver Chair today....

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit http://www.narniafans.com for full story, cast lists, trailers, and more! If you're reading this on Facebook, click "View Original Post" below ]]
-uHyRgWlkP8

More...

I'm going to have to approve that script before they begin production, just to make sure it's good. That's cool, right?

Caspian's in it. Or at least, he's in the book. He'll probably be replaced by an odd-colored mist that is supposed to represent his consciousness and lead the Narnians to the Emerald Lady, who has become the hero of the story. She leads Narnia into the Tolerance of All Things and Equality of All People. The children are taught that they are Perfect and that the only mistake they can make is not to accept their Perfectness. Then Puddleglum (who is played by Johnny Depp) becomes the ambassador of a Generic, Vanilla, and Inoffensive Hollywood Moralistic Lesson to Give to All Peoples. The movie will be panned by critics and Narnia lovers alike and flop at the box office but Hollywood will squeeze the other movies out because it has no original ideas. Well, all except the Horse and His Boy. No one wants to see that. Except me.

Last edited:
I'm trying to picture Johnny Depp acting like Eeyore....If I wasn't in a habit of highlighting everything I read.... :waldo:

that's wonderful that they have got some kind of a scrpit :)

that's wonderful that they have gotten some kind of a script for The Silver Chair i'm excited to see what new actors they might have or maybe even some of the old cast might return in flashbacks or something like that :) as i have already stated before i think Ben Barnes could come back in a CGI format for the last half of The Silver Chair but that all depends on how they write the script or what adaptions they are makeing & what parts they are going to leave in & what parts they are going to leave out, it should be intresting :)

Apart from his disliking "Horse/Boy," Sopespian is spot-on. The majority of movie writers _exist_ for the sacred (to them) purpose of _destroying_ everything good about a book. I remember there was even one movie (non-musical) version of "Les Miserables" that changed Jean Valjean into a dirty old man who wanted to _marry_ Cosette himself once she grew up!

I will be _astonished_ if the "Silver Chair" script _doesn't_ do the thing I've been warning about: changing Experiment House into a _Christian_ boarding school, so that the Christian faith gets blamed for all of that school's abuses.

i don't think that would happen in the flim but then again it might :(

ok depending on how they wrote the script i don't think Experiment House would be changed into a Christian boarding school however depending on the adaptions they might & they might not it would be very shocking to see that :(

As always, I will reserve judgement (and excitement, and possible optimism) until I have more information. This could be good, or it could be very bad, and that is all I will say for now.

Alas, the report that Magee had a final script is now officially being denied.

Aw, I was getting so excited reading through this thread. :( I hope they finish up the script soon, I'm ready for another Narnia movie. However, I'd rather wait and see them put some effort and thought into it (have it follow the book perhaps? :rolleyes: ) than just rush it out and have another mediocre movie adaptation...

Back