How many languages can you speak?

How many languages can you speak fluently?

• One

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Two

Votes: 51 49.5%
  • Three

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • More than three

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters
Spanish, its my main language since i live in an hispanic country ^^ Venezuela.
English, fluently, learning it since i have memory XD
A little, little bit of Korean....
And, im currently learning japanese....
Um, as for a demostration, i wanna write something down XD :p although its romanji since writting it in any of the dialects (Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana) wont be understandable for some :)

'Konnichi wa, watashi wa Janny de, 14(yuyon) sai de, Gakusei desu. Nihongo ga daisuki desuyo :), Venezuelajin desu.'

which means:
Hello, I am Janny, Im 14 years old, and im a student. I love Japanese, and im Venezuelan X)

:D waaa i just love it! XD

^^ Wow! :D I'd LOVE to speak so many languages.

I speak fluent English even though I'm Indian, but I speak fluent Tamil too (Indian language...don't ask, it doesn't even use the English alphabet...).
I'm currently learning Spanish and French at school. I ADORE Spanish, and I'd love to speak it fluently, but our teacher's rubbish, so I'm not progressing as fast as I'd like to :'(

^^ Wow! :D I'd LOVE to speak so many languages.

I speak fluent English even though I'm Indian, but I speak fluent Tamil too (Indian language...don't ask, it doesn't even use the English alphabet...).
I'm currently learning Spanish and French at school. I ADORE Spanish, and I'd love to speak it fluently, but our teacher's rubbish, so I'm not progressing as fast as I'd like to :'(

Ahhhhh hehe someone that likes spanish!!! mmm, lets see if you understand this.
Hola!, me alegra mucho que te guste el español, a mi tambien me gusta, y se lo dificil que es aprenderlo. Espero que te vaya bien estudiandolo!!...
if anything, just tell me and ill translate.

I'd love to speak the indian language, its so cooool...! I heard it in a movie

¡Estoy contento encontrarle! Yo no hablo realmente un montón de español. No obstante, gozo todavía tratar de hablarlo. Mi madre es originalmente de Colombia, así que recogí la mayor parte de mi español de ella.

I am learning Spanish, too. I'm not very good though, because I just started this year. No es muy dificil, pero siempre olvido las palabras de vocabulario. :eek:

I speak English as a first language, and I learned Spanish.. took two years of it the last two years, but Im not very good at speaking it... no recuerdo el vocabulario.. :eek:

I also took two years of Latin, but don't remember any of it. :p

I wish I could learn LOTR Elvish. :p haha

English is my first language, I'm in my 3rd year of Spanish so I know enough of that to send letters to our two sponsor girls in Honduras and have them understand what I say.:p

I also know a tiny bit of Latin and I speak fluent Cat.:p

Another cat speaker here! But I probably have an accent because when I tell my cat to get off the bed, she just curls up more!

I speak Spanish as my first language and I now speak more German than a year ago aber noch nicht sehr gut!

And I think I still remember some English, enough to make a fool of myself trying to write stuff!!! hahahaha!

Last edited:
I speak English fluently.... yup (no comment!)

Trying to get my head round Greek which I learned since i was a child but it is one difficult language!

I am fluent a wee bit in Guinea Pig too :rolleyes:

squeak squeak...!

Last edited:
Alas English is my only fluent language, although I can still read a bit of French (especially if the material is familiar like the Bible), and am studying American Sign Language (2nd year) with my daughter in night school. I have also studied Latin and Russian and Japanese, and have survival-skill-Mandarin. I went to a retreat with a Chinese church over Labor Day and was able to give directions in Mandarin to someone who was lost so I felt really happy to be able to help. I've also joined the choir in the Chinese-speaking division at church and was pleased that I recognized more characters than those I needed to get glosses for. This Sunday is my first time to sing with the group (in Mandarin) so I hope I won't mess up too badly.

Last week I replaced my GPS and was pleased to discover it had multilingual settings for directions. So I've been driving around with French speakers and Chinese speakers telling me when to turn, etc. It's been quite entertaining.

But I wish I knew Spanish! I could really use it living in the Southwest.

Back