Sony’s TriStar joins production of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair

Specter

Meeting the World
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
Royal Guard
Sony Pictures’ TriStar has joined The Mark Gordon Company, The C.S. Lewis Company and Entertainment One (eOne) for the production of*The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair. Screenwriter David Magee has been working on the script for the last few years. As of this moment: Release Date: Not...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit http://www.narniafans.com for full story, cast lists, trailers, and more! If you're reading this on Facebook, click "View Original Post" below ]]
7c9Xq5AAAeA

More...

The NarniaFans server is down. But this is great news. It means the Screen Play is done and has be presented to people who will finance the movie. Casting will finally start. Casting can go quickly if all they have been waiting for is financing. After all you can't cast an actor unless you can pay him. Production might begin in 6 months. This is a Fall and early Winter theme movie so it is too late for Europe this season for on location, but New Zealand will work next Summer.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2313/2197018992_3113f86b6e.jpg
The underworld world has to be mostly CGI, much like they did in The Jungle Book. Interestingly, The Jungle Book was make for much less than Prince Caspian and made more than twice the money. Remember it was the cost of Prince Caspian that set the franchise back so much and lost them Disney. Base on The Jungle Book results doing The Silver Chair and making money has become very possible. And if that happen so will the last 3 movies.

Last edited:
This is fantastic news! It's funny that such big news just came, because I just started following David Magee on twitter a couple of days ago and I was wondering when we'd hear about movement on the film. Looks like it may well come out at Christmas 2018 afterall!

I read in an article (wish I could find it again) that the director doesn't want to cast any old cast members. Do you think this is true? I can't imagine anyone else as the voice of Aslan but Liam Neeson...

But I am so glad that the movie really will be done!

I read in an article (wish I could find it again) that the director doesn't want to cast any old cast members. Do you think this is true? I can't imagine anyone else as the voice of Aslan but Liam Neeson...

But I am so glad that the movie really will be done!

They don't have a director yet, it was Mark Gordon (the producer) who said that. It seemed like a somewhat off-the-cuff statement, so I wouldn't totally rule out Neeson returning as Aslan.

I keep checking back here for news on the movie. I'm glad to know that people are still moving forward with it. I would like to see all the movies made at some point, even though I'll always love the books more.

The server is back up, and the brief report confirms Douglas Gresham's continued involvement.

Budget was not the only reason why the movie "Prince NON-Caspian" was a bomb. The foremost reason was because Mister Adamson INTENTIONALLY CHOSE NOT TO MAKE a movie of the novel "Prince Caspian." In a reversal of "Dragnet," the names were the only thing which he DIDN'T change. Worst of all, in the spirit of mockery carried over from the Shrek movies, King Peter was maliciously changed into a useless dork, who didn't know how to blow his nose unless his brilliant superior eleven-year-old sister explained it for him.

If a "Silver Chair" movie similarly decides to make Puddleglum and Eustace into bumbling morons in order that Jill can soar above them like a goddess, it also will forfeit my support.

The NarniaFans server is down. But this is great news. It means the Screen Play is done and has be presented to people who will finance the movie. Casting will finally start. Casting can go quickly if all they have been waiting for is financing. After all you can't cast an actor unless you can pay him. Production might begin in 6 months. This is a Fall and early Winter theme movie so it is too late for Europe this season for on location, but New Zealand will work next Summer.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2313/2197018992_3113f86b6e.jpg
The underworld world has to be mostly CGI, much like they did in The Jungle Book. Interestingly, The Jungle Book was make for much less than Prince Caspian and made more than twice the money. Remember it was the cost of Prince Caspian that set the franchise back so much and lost them Disney. Base on The Jungle Book results doing The Silver Chair and making money has become very possible. And if that happen so will the last 3 movies.

Back