Is Glenburne male or Female?

Is Glenburn male or female?

• Total voters
When I made up my username, I didn't think about "Glen" being used as a masculine name. I just wanted a Celtic-sounding name, so I took two Scottish dialectical terms and put them together. But I can see your point, Sopespian.

I know sometimes people associate a name with a gender. But I never thought about Glenburne's name itself. In the beginning when she joined I always assumed she was female but I didn't know her well. After Peepicheek asked us what we thought his gender was and Glenburne did the same I paid attention :D Then as I said before I thought she might be a he instead.

Wow...I definitely though you were a guy... But that's because you don't act "girly," which (in the sense I'm talking about) is a compliment. Plus the username seems a bit masculine to me—not that it's necessarily so! The combination served to confuse me. ;)

Maybe MissFreckles' suggestion about how to make people realize I'm not a guy would actually be a good idea...or, on second thought, maybe I should just stick to being a hockeystick. :rolleyes:

Maybe MissFreckles' suggestion about how to make people realize I'm not a guy would actually be a good idea...or, on second thought, maybe I should just stick to being a hockeystick. :rolleyes:

From those options, you should definitely stick to being a hockeystick.:D

I pretty much assumed you were female.
You behave a lot like TheSpanishInqusition,who is a girl,and even speak like her.:D

She does?

The only difference TSI has crushes :D

On like everyone

*does happy dance at somebody else guessing right* I sound like TheSpanishInquisition? How? I never would have thought...:rolleyes:
I wouldn't have thought that, either.

Glenburne:Well-read and intelligent.Also,you use correct English which is nice.:p
Hey, someone thinks I'm intellegent!

And female WAS my guess, though I voted Pizza, I think.

You know, the fact that we learned in this thread that Glen was female doesn't mean she isn't a hockey stick. I still wonder about that from time to time, and I've met her in real life.

Sopes, I did not need you to revive this thread.

According to Aristotelian philosophy, I think I could potentially be a female hockey stick, if such things exist. But since you seem to be implying that I might be a human female as well as a hockey stick--Aristotle says no. Humans have nutritive, sensitive, and rational souls; hockey sticks only have a nutritive soul. Assuming the hockey stick is made of wood. I don't really know what Aristotle would have done about plastic.

EDIT: Aristotle would have said something can only have a nutritive soul if it is living. Plastic was never alive and never had a nutritive soul; wood is dead and only used to have one. But if hockey sticks are only made of dead/never alive materials, then I can't be a hockey stick, because I am alive. I have a living nutritive, sensitive, and rational soul, and hockey sticks have none of the above. Ergo, I am not a hockey stick.

WS, don't cite Douglas Adams in response. Douglas Adams needs to go read some Aristotle. It's great for what ails you. And it will get rid of your annoying house guests, to boot.

Last edited:
Yes. But that's not the point. The point is...I used to want to be a hockey stick, and I've changed my mind.

Now I want to know if the word for "hockey stick" in French is male or female. I need to ask a French Canadian...

Back