The Nymph Who Captured His Heart

pink-cheetah said:
Twilight! (Grace?)

YOU UPDATED!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! :D

ok, so it hasnt been that long, but...

:D Yup, that's right. You can call me either Twilight or Grace...doesn't matter which one. ;)

Yes, I did update! I was out all last night so I couldn't get one in yesterday, but we'll have to see about today, even though I'm busy almost all day.

TrueNarnian said:
love it! keep it going ^^

Thankies!

Very nice, I find it hard to believe that she wouldn't know that there are only 4 humans in Narnia, it seems like a kind of big thing, considering Narnia is a land of Animals, and Driads and Naids..and Nymphs...but, eh, whatever

SaffronRose: Thanks!
TrueNarnian: Just got back from a friend's, so I'll try to post tomorrow afternoon! ;)
~*Shiloh*~: Wow, thank you! ^_^
Rhyanidd: Thanx! lol, well, I've tried to portray her and her friends as very naive to the world outside of their forest; they have no clue what's really going on because they've been so untouched by it. To them, the world is full of flowers now that the winter has gone for a number of years and Nianna doesn't even recognize that Peter is the King. :)

Another post!

“Quick, nimble, silly white stag, we will catch you if we can; we’ll run, run, run in circles until us you cannot stand!” Laughing, we ran around in a circle, hands entwined, our naturally swift feet stopping us from tripping.

We were still giggling like little girls (nymphs such as us always acted like them, though we were the equivalent of seventeen human years) when a twig snapped behind us.

Stopping immediately, we faced the intruder. My eyes lit up at the sight: it was Peter!

“Oh! Sorry to interrupt,” he apologized hastily, making for an exit, “I’ll leave you to your dancing.”

Lua stopped him. “Oh no, come and join us!” She gave me a wink, saying, “You can stand right here and join hands with Nianna and me.”

He opened his mouth to protest, but I encouraged, “Give it a try; it’s very exhilarating!”

“Erm, all right,” he agreed, though reluctantly. He reached for my hand; his fingers were very warm over mine, leaving a funny tingle.

Vaele smiled. “Let’s start over again. You’ll catch on, Peter.” We started singing again, our voices joining as if it were one. It was quite hard to prance, as Peter did not seem to get the art of bouncing movements.

“This is kind of weird,” he confessed, his arms flying up and down because they were connected to mine and Lua’s, and of course we were flouncing about.

“Just let yourself go,” I suggested, glancing about. “No one here’s going to see you.” I flashed him a grin, one which I knew charmed many.

He gave in. “All right, you win again. I’ll try—er, what is it, exactly?” His eyebrows were raised comically. I had to stifle a laugh.

“It’s called frolicking,” I informed him. “That’s what nymphs call it.”

“Right.” Peter grinned. “Shall we begin?”

Beaming, we began again; this time, Peter joined in the chorus. It was a unique sound; there were three feminine voices like a stream flowing over rocks and a very masculine one, rough but heartfelt. Our voices drifted up to the trees and into the sky.

As we sang (and frolicked) I could sense that Peter was having a hard time keeping his feet in check. He’d stepped on my feet twice already, with an apology after, but still struggled to keep his balance.

We were singing, “silly white stag” when he suddenly tripped over a tree root, taking me down with him.

“Oof!” I quickly sprang from my position on him and offered a hand up. “Are you okay?”

He groaned, but nodded grimly, gripping his head. “Yeah, I’m fine.” He took my offered hand and I tried to pull him up, but failed. This time, we both collapsed on the ground. I could hear Vaele and Lua twittering in the background.

Flushing a deep shade of pink, I glimpsed at Peter, who I caught smiling impishly at me. “How awkward,” I declared as I climbed off him a second time. “Perhaps all three of us should help you up.”

Chuckling, he shook his head. “No, that’s fine.” With surprising agility, he rose to his feet and shook out the grass from his hair. “Thank you for the frolicking session, ladies. I’d best be going now.” Smiling, he bowed low.

Though I wished he would stay longer, I nodded with Lua and Vaele, waving to him as he disappeared back towards the direction of Cair Paravel.

Oh Im in love with the story!!!You go on and write more whenever you can!! :p :D :) ;) .....I love it,I love it!!Cant wait to hear the rest!!

Yayness for another post! :)

Peter was true to his word. The next day at noon he came back; I’d settled myself near a stream and was busy tending to some flowers.

“Hello!” he greeted, grinning. “What have you been doing today?”

I stood up straight, relieving my back from bending down to care for the foliage. “I haven’t done much, actually. All I’ve done is pluck some flowers and arrange them, but that’s about it.”

Peter raised his eyebrows, though he wasn’t mocking me in any way. “Sounds fascinating.”

Snorting, I replied, “It is, actually. What have you done for half the day?”

Tapping a finger on his chin in thought, he told me, “I practiced some sword fighting today as well as a bit of archery. I haven’t done much exercise in a bit so it was good to be doing that again.” His smile looked reminiscent.

My eyes swept his well-built form. A mischievous grin on my face, I challenged, “I bet I could out run you any day, Peter.” It was common knowledge among the nymphs of the wood that we were faster than any human being.

A laugh escaped from Peter’s lips. “Oh, really?” His eyebrows were raised again. His eyes flitted to my slender bare feet.

“Yes.” Giggling, I started running as fast as my feet would carry me; nymphs never wore shoes, as they were magically protected against the outside. Feeling something rise in me, I urged myself forward.

I could hear Peter’s laughter behind me. “Hey, come back here, you nymph!” His voice was teasing and simply made me laugh even more. His feet made trampling noises on the forest floor.

Darting past trees and shrubs, I sprinted on. However, Peter was a very good runner, faster than I counted on. Soon I could hear his panting behind me. I sped up, feeling the light brush of branches against my legs, and finally stopped at a clearing, slightly out of breath.

Peter’s hand touched my shoulder. “I caught up to you soon enough,” he gasped, grinning, his brownish-blonde hair tousled.

“I suppose you did, but only because I stopped.” I winked and sat down on the grass. My fingers ran over the green blades, each one different, but all tickling my legs.

Peter sat down beside me, his breath sounding more natural now. “You are a very good runner, Nianna,” he commented, shooting me a grin.

I shrugged, but smiled puckishly. “Nymphs are not humans, remember. One of our gifts is the swiftness of foot.”

“Ah, yes! Well, that makes me feel a bit better,” he replied, chuckling.

A high voice interrupted us, calling, “Peter! Where are you?”

Frolicking is fun! :D I've never done it the 'nymph way', but I've done a human version with my one friend...lol, good times. ;)

Back