True Blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narnia_bookworm

I have been a long time fan of the Sookie Stackhouse novels. I was ever so excited when I heard that HBO was going to make a series based around the books. Although some plot points have changed in the series, I still enjoyed the television adaptation of the books. The end of the series happened a week or so ago. It was an alright ending and I was ever so surprised to see Sookie stake her Vampire Love Bill. I know a lot of the material in the books and television series isn't fit for some of the people here on the forums. True Blood is mainly based in and around the town of Bon Temps, Louisiana. The series includes all types of paranormal/fantasy people and creatures, such as Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, Shape Shifters etc... I was just wondering if there are any other True Blood fans, and people who like vampires on here?

I was just wondering if there are any other True Blood fans, and people who like vampires on here?

There were, people who like vampires, back during the first Twilight craze, and it got out of hand. There were too many Vampire threads and vampire related stuff, stories, graphics, games, Role plays, you name it, that the entire forum seemed to be turning into a Vampire forum instead of Narnia. So the mods back then had to put a stop to it, seeing that some of the vampire stuff that was being posted was not in line with the rules and guidelines of this forum. Having said so, any postings that do not deal with fantasy and literary themes are not allowed, anything depicting gore, or making references to death and gruesome stuff may be deleted or edited. I know we still have a Twilight thread to discuss the literary values (or lack thereof) of the series, but other than that, nothing else is permitted.

I know that in the past, other threads that deal with book or movie series that are not family friendly have been deleted but for now I'll let this one stay because I do not know (and I doubt the other mods do either) about this book series. I don't know much French but Bon Temps is Good Times, and that already sounds creepy to begin with.

If other fans are there and want to discuss it, go ahead. Just remember the main forum guideline: Family friendliness (and watch out for Bat-Bat too!)

Edit: Now that I think about it, there may be some other threads related but I'm too lazy to look for them right now.

Last edited:
Dear Narnia Bookworm,
I am locking this thread, and this is why.
Because of the sexuality and grisly overtones of these books and adaptations, I feel that this discussion --like you said-- is not family-friendly enough to stake a place on this forum. I hope you understand (see TDL Forum Etiquette, #10)... Thanks!

BK Edit. Thank you Benisse. I didn't know anything about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back