They're kind of like angels, although I don't recall the correct name for them. Anyway, they are sent by the Valar (I think) to help Middle Earth in a time of trouble. The only ones who are named are Gandalf (good guy), Saruman (turned-bad guy), and Radagast the Brown (chronically distracted guy). The others are lost in the East, or something like that.

They're kind of like angels, although I don't recall the correct name for them. Anyway, they are sent by the Valar (I think) to help Middle Earth in a time of trouble. The only ones who are named are Gandalf (good guy), Saruman (turned-bad guy), and Radagast the Brown (chronically distracted guy). The others are lost in the East, or something like that.
Aren't they called the Istari, or something like that?

That's one of the names for them--I was thinking of the other. Ainur, maybe?

EDIT: I couldn't resist. Courtesy of theonering.com.

Attachments

• istariang.jpg
    istariang.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 51
@ rainstorm. No, she is not a wizard. However, she was part of the White Council, which included Gandalf, Elrond, and Saruman, so basically the wisest beings in Middle earth.

New Fact of the Day :)

Well, I never knew that Gandalf was anything other than a wizard so now my LOTR trivia bank is larger. Cool facts :) As for the Hobbit, I can't wait until it comes out in Dec. Whether it is old news or not, yahoo has a pretty good trailer up for it :) I've also heard that Orlando Bloom is in it and dropped Pirates of the Carribian 5 for it. :cool: Score one for LOTR!!

@ rainstorm. No, she is not a wizard. However, she was part of the White Council, which included Gandalf, Elrond, and Saruman, so basically the wisest beings in Middle earth.

exactly. She is just awesome. :D

Less than a year for the Hobbit! :D

Well, I never knew that Gandalf was anything other than a wizard so now my LOTR trivia bank is larger. Cool facts :) As for the Hobbit, I can't wait until it comes out in Dec. Whether it is old news or not, yahoo has a pretty good trailer up for it :) I've also heard that Orlando Bloom is in it and dropped Pirates of the Carribian 5 for it. :cool: Score one for LOTR!!

Yes, the trailer has been up on YouTube, Apple, etc. since December 9.

I want this year to go by really slllloooooowwwwwllllllyyyy because I don't want to grow up. But, at the same time, I want it to speed by so that we can get to the release of "The Hobbit". :D

I'm so excited to have a new Hobbit movie for my birthday this year! I think the 9 months will fly by!

However if the Mayans are right and the world ends on in December, I wonder if we'll get the chance to see the movie?!

I don't buy the Mayan end-of-the-world crap. Not even Jesus knows when the world will end, so I seriously doubt the Mayans were any wiser. If God says "this is it", then that's that.

and there's a new(er) production video on Peter Jackson's facebook page. There are some scenes of the Dwarves in barrels. ;)

Besides, the Mayan didn't count leap years, so if the world was going to end when their calendar stopped, it would already be over. :p

I'm super-excited for the movie. :D I don't know if I'll do a midnight showing, but I'll definitely be going opening day.

I found out that I'll probably be home when Hobbit releases, so midnight showings are out of the question. BUT, I pretty much have the promise of my parents that they'll go see it with me.

Besides, the Mayan didn't count leap years, so if the world was going to end when their calendar stopped, it would already be over. :p

Actually, the Mayans had a more accurate calendar than we do, with leap years, so that's unfortunately not true... not that I actually think there's anything to this 2012 stuff :D

I totally want to go to the midnight showing!

Back