Any Classic movie fans?

FatherChristmas said:
Film school buffs never watch the really fun old classics like Stagecoach or Mr. Deeds Goes To Town.

^Those are AWESOME movies!:cool:

I got Chitty Chitty Bang Bang out of the library to watch tonight.:p

My world history teacher in the 8th grade actually showed us "Ben Hur." I still think that's really awesome, even though it's been so long ago that I hardly remember the movie and I wasn't even interested in classic movies then. I really need to watch it again. I see it at the library every time I go and always mean to get it, but I always get distracted and end up checking out some other old movie. :p

I watched a really sweet Disney film this afternoon from the 50s called Follow Me Boys.:D

Haven't seen that one, though I normally love Dick Van Dyke, so it must be really, really annoying to be annoying. :p

Chitty-Chitty is great fun, the child-catcher freaked me out when I was little and he still does - yoiks - I want that car... And Ben Hur! Wow, there's one I haven't seen in a looong time. Should dig that one up again. Keep the recommendations coming.

Haven't seen that one, though I normally love Dick Van Dyke, so it must be really, really annoying to be annoying. :p

Chitty-Chitty is great fun, the child-catcher freaked me out when I was little and he still does - yoiks - I want that car... And Ben Hur! Wow, there's one I haven't seen in a looong time. Should dig that one up again. Keep the recommendations coming.

My favorite musical number is probably Doll on a Music Box. People find that one freaky, but I don't. It's funny and sweet at the same time. *Ewan McGregor agrees with you about the child catcher. LOL!*

I don't know why I don't like it anymore...I hadn't seen it until a few years ago and I had grown up with Mary Poppins; and the kids of Mary Poppins weren't annoying like the ones of Chitty. But I'm glad you liked it. It's a classic if only for the music.

Ah, the Chitty kids may've been annoying, but you've gotta admit Dick Van Dyke made the movie great. The gal they got to play his love interest was just a copycat of Julie Andrews. :rolleyes:

OMG I just saw the Beatles' Help! last week!! I LOVED IT! It was such a weird, crazy, incredibly RANDOM movie...like me :p But all that stuff in it--the "KAHILI!!", the crazy chase scenes, the "fiendish thingy", and the malfunctioning blow dryer in the bathroom...and the Beatles' really weird (but really cool) apartment with the random guy who cuts the grass with those chattering teeth things, and the weird "ho ho ho" laugh they kept doing when they were running away from the scientist and the Kahili worshipers...oh my goodness, there was WAY too much hilarious stuff in that movie for me too mention! I laughed my head off. :p

the classical movies aren't my faves but i like them :p
oh, my favorites are the classics (literally :D) like 'breakfast at tiffanys', 'the sound of music' and 'singin in the rain'

I want to see that film so bad. Did it have any profanity?

Nope. None that I caught. :) Just random craziness :D And about 7 songs thrown in there :p Actually Help! started what became music videos later on...b/c there were so many random musical montage segments in the movie w/ the Beatles just singing their songs before the plot moved on. LOL

Anyhoo, it's DEFINITELY worth seeing. I guarantee you'll be laughing throughout the entire thing. And then you'll want to keep quoting it constantly. Like my dad and I. :p

I love classic movies more than the junk that Hollywood is spewing out nowadays. I would say my favorites would be Ben-Hur, Gone With the Wind, The Black Bird, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and my absolute favorite THE WIZARD OF OZ!!! If you haven't seen the Wizard of Oz then you are not a true classic movie fanatic.

Back