With Swords, Claws, and Teeth Bared

O.O.C: I'm back!

I always assumed that after the death of Jadis and the defeat of her army that Aslan, the Pevensies, and the loyal Narnians simply went to Cair Paravel and the coronations followed immediately. I did not consider that Jadis and her supporters might have trashed Cair Paravel or worse. However, it is logical that they would have done just that.

I.C: The small creatures forming the advance guard of Zamron's forces, after a long circuitous journey, arrive in the Western Wilds and cautiously locate the home of the Beavers. Meanwhile, Zamron and the remainder of the Jadesites are also making good progress.

Meanwhile, several forsaken player characters from this roleplay were sitting on a fallen tree, enjoying the return of warm weather, but wishing they could be part of the post-Jadis action.

On the morning after Zamron's force made its move to occupy the beaver lodge, Gruntabillary's roundabout route brought her and Ulysses into contact with a talking leopard faithful to Aslan. This leopard just might have been the sometime player-character Korkoa. Be that as it may, the giantess told the leopard all she knew about Zamron's troop, though of course she had no way of knowing where they had gone by now. The leopard thanked Gruntabillary, urged her to follow him as fast as she could, and headed east to pass along the report to King Peter. Ulysses helped matters by finally starting to travel on his own hooves.

Zamron had already considered the possibility that Gruntabillary might betray her former comrades although, fortunately, she had fled with the satyr long before this journey had been planned, so she would be unable to tell the enemy where they were now or what they were planning. Before leaving her home, Zamron ordered his followers, as far as possible, to avoid leaving any tracks. He wasn't too concerned because he was well aware that news of their activities would reach the traitors in Cair Paravel sooner or later.

Meanwhile, the advance party arrive at the Beavers' lodge and cautiously scout the area for signs of life, preparatory to the arrival of Zamron and the bulk of his followers.

The hare was further afield, keeping a discreet watch on the Archenlanders, in case they themselves should decide to move towards the Lamp post. The rest of the advance party hide themselves near the Beaver lodge, remaining alert for any change to the current quiet situation. Meanwhile, Zamron, Ashraf and the remainder of their forces are themselves hurrying as fast as wisdom will allow towards the Beaver lodge. Many, like the advance guard, also marvel at the complete absence of residents in the area through which they travel, other than dumb birds and beasts. "I suppose they are all sucking up to that lion and the humans!" sneers Zamron.

Further south, Ulysses plucks up sufficient courage to thank Gruntabillary for rescuing him from torture and a horrible death at the hands of Zamron.

Last edited:
Further south, Ulysses plucks up sufficient courage to thank Gruntabillary for rescuing him from torture and a horrible death at the hands of Zamron.

"You're welcome," says the Giantess. "It was the very least I could do, after Aslan saved me from being the evil creature I once was. But let's try to keep up with our leopard friend who might be the player character Korkoa."

After a long, round-about journey, Zamron and the bulk of his followers arrive at the Beaver Lodge and reunite with the advance party. After hearing their report Zamron and Ashraf, despite the absence of any form of life, other than dumb birds and beasts, sets a guard, whilst the rest of the Jadisites examine the lodge and its suitability for their purposes.

Inside the beaver lodge, a weasel among Zamron's followers finds a hidden copy of the old prophetic rhyme which had promised Aslan's return. "Master, look at this!"

Zamron takes the document from the weasel and reads it. "Well, well, well! This is clear evidence, if any was needed, that those Beavers were plotting against our beloved Queen and have been in league with the lion for a long time. I cannot say that surprises me at all." He shows the document to Ashraf. "You remember when the police arrested the traitor Tumnus, for fraternising with humans?" The wolf captain nods. "We were certain he was working with others, and it may well be that these Beavers are two of them. Search this place from top to bottem! Let's see what else they've been up to!" Turning to the weasel who found the document and brought it to his attention, the minotaur says, "Well done!"

Whilst most of his followers continue ransacking the Beaver's lodge, taking no care whatsoever not to cause any damage, Zamron, Ashraf and Ginnarbrik examine the pile of wood and consider the use(s) this might be put to. Zamron has decided to use the Beaver's lodge as a temporary base, but he realises that it is much to small to accommodate all of his followers.

O.O.C: Any players who wish to return, or any new players who would like to run characters in this RPG will be most welcome to do so.

One of the evil Dwarfs accompanying Zamron offers a suggestion: "What if some of us gathered the smaller pieces of wood -- like, say, pieces between eight inches and two feet in length -- and carved them into figurines of our never-to-be-forgotten Queen? When this was done, some of our smaller creatures could scatter around the roads and pathways, to plant the figurines where bypassers would see them. By doing this, we would show the Lion's followers that not everyone has given in to them."

"An excellent suggestion!" answers Zamron. "We need to impress upon our own people, and also remind the traitors and cowards, who the rightful ruler of Narnia was, and that Her mantle has now passed to her loyal subjects who, by right are her true successors and will continue to govern the country wisely in Her name. As you dwarves are the most skilled in this sort of work, I shall leave this matter in your very capable hands. Let me know if you need anything, e.g work parties to assist you, and these will be provided if possible, bearing in mind that we all have much work to do."

"For the present, Lord Zamron," replied the Dwarf, "no serious diversion of resources will be needed. We will simply start out with the pieces of wood available right here; I think we can make at least fifteen figurines to distribute."

Whilst the dwarves begin selecting the best of the smaller pieces of timber for their task, Zamron, Ashraf and Ginnarbrik survey the area surrounding the beaver lodge. The dam itself attracts Zamron's attention. This appears to be in exceptionally good condition, complete with sluice gates, suggesting it has only been recently installed by a master craftsman. Zamron points this out. "Look at that! What a wasteful use of resources!
Ginnarbrik, in reply, confirms, "This work has definitely not been done with Her Majesty's approval or permission!"
Ashraf gives an angry growl. "The Secret Police have carried out extensive patrols in this area, and our reports and observations indicate that this dam was nowhere near as elaborate. How could they afford such an extensive facility?"
"Yet more evidence of their treason," says Zamron. If anyone sees these beavers they are to be arrested immediately! They have many questions to answer, and answer them they will! (He pauses for affect) One way or another! Then they are to be summarily executed!

"After returning to the lodge itself, Zamron addresses his followers. "Right, there is much work to do. This entire area is to be one of maximum security. To this end, Captain Ashraf will arrange for the secret police to patrol the perimeter and beyond. I also want to know what the Archenlanders are up to. Ripskin, can you fly out towards where they are, see what they are up to and how far away they are, but don't risk being seen. I would like to capture one, if it is possible to do so without the others knowing until we are far away, and bring him back here for a "chat". If this should be possible, let us know upon your return.

"Feeding our people is another crucial issue. The Beavers seem to have a well-stocked larder, which we shall use, although this food won't last indefinitely. Of course many of you won't require this for nourishment, as you are well accustomed to living off the land, catching or gathering your own food. However, such gathering and hunting needs to be co-ordinated. Similarly, the beaver lodge will provide accommodation for those who are not used to sheltering outside, and will for the present serve as our base. However, I want the wood sorted out as quickly as possible. The dwarves will use the best of the small pieces for a task of their own to honour our beloved Queen. However, we need the larger pieces to be separated from them as soon as possible. Any questions? Good! And remember, we are working for Narnia and are the rightful leaders of the country!"

"NO, You may NOT!" snarls Ashraf. "In case you aren't aware of this, they were all loyal to Her Majesty ad remain on our side! You may also notice that thanks to the traitors siding with the humans, and the interference of that lion, many of our supporters have been murdered! Therefore everyone who remains true is vital to our cause. I appreciate the situation is far from ideal, but we are all in this together, but our only hope of regaining control of Narnia is if we all stick together. It is hard for us hunters, but we must content ourselves with wild (non talking) beasts to sustain our hunger. However, if we succeed in acquiring one of those Archenlanders, after he has been interrogated, there is no reason why we should not feast on him! In the meantime, go about your duties and no further talk of eating any of our own followers.

"In that case, master, may I form a scouting party FOR THE PURPOSE of going out and seeing if there's a chance to catch an Archenlander as you suggest?"

Back