The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Chronicles of Narnia - The Films and Games > The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

Notices

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe The first film in Walden Media's Narnia film series

Old 12-09-2011, 11:02 PM

Firefly77 is an unknown quantity at this point

You know, something rather simple I like about LWW is the soundtrack during the first Lucy and Tumnus interaction. It really fits IMO, and rather reminds me of the original Narnia movies.

Aslan is on the move

"The boy's Eustace, my lord," hooted the Owl as loud as it could.
"Useless? said the Dwarf irritably. "I dare say he is. Is that any reason for bringing him to court? Hey?"
Old 12-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Friend of Narnia

Mozart the Meerkitten is just really niceMozart the Meerkitten is just really niceMozart the Meerkitten is just really niceMozart the Meerkitten is just really nice

Oh I feel so Awsomeatic right now; December 9th is my half-birthday. xD I can't believe I never figured that out before now! I don't think I'll have time to watch it tonight but maybe tomorrow.....
Old 12-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart the Meerkitten View Post
Oh I feel so Awsomeatic right now; December 9th is my half-birthday. xD I can't believe I never figured that out before now! I don't think I'll have time to watch it tonight but maybe tomorrow.....
Sorry to go off topic here, but somebody told me that he had never heard of the word "Awesomeatic" before, and I told him I'd made it up. Guess not. haha.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

*sticks movie in DVD slot*
I'll watch it in a little window while I post and do other stuff

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 12-10-2011, 10:55 AM

Aslan's Child_1996 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravis Kenobi View Post
Meh. I own both the 2 disc and 4 disc, and find nothing special about the extended edition because I paid $70 for 10 extra minutes of footage. I do like the bookends that came with the set though, but that's the only good thing I got out of it.

But I'd rather watch the 2 disc; there isn't quite as much choppiness as with the extended edition.

Well, i paid $25 for mine and its just the boxed set, not the one with the bookends. I got it last year after seeing LWW on ABC family and watching a scene that i never saw on my dvd. So i searched around and found that one. And bought it off of Ebay, I think.

Send me a message if you watch Once Upon A Time on ABC or CTV! I would love to meet some more Narnian Oncers!
Old 12-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Friend of Narnia

CORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura aboutCORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura aboutCORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura about

Thank you for this thread, Aravis: it gave me a good excuse to watch the film again last night. I really enjoyed doing so too!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Friend of Narnia

TimmyofOz has a spectacular aura aboutTimmyofOz has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to TimmyofOz

Showing the movie this weekend on ABCF.

Aslan is on the Move.
A heart can never be practical until it can be made unbreakable.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:29 AM
Fresh Bread

jamesjohnson5551 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the movie very much and I am a writer focused on career and physical development to spread more issues and tips to develop and works through Professional resume writing service. Yet the movie stands for self-sacrifice, as Adamson and others admit, with the animated lion Aslan representing "selflessness." The White Witch, as actress Tilda Swinton points out, has "no sense of social responsibility". Features are predominantly effects-related, though there are rewards for Narnia readers, including a map and rich voice readings over dramatic drawings. The longest piece is a 37-minute director's profile that's strictly behind the scenes.

An audio commentary by the actors who portray the four kids is a snooze—they giggle a lot—and a separate commentary track with Adamson and others is mostly technical, not story or character driven. It is telling, as producer Mark Johnson expresses delight that kids jumped in their seats when the wolves attack the girls, and they crow about special effects in a movie with a vermin-infested animal sacrifice in a winter wonderland governed by some mystical thing called Deep Magic. This premiere collector's edition DVD sufficiently chronicles the blockbuster's spectacle.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to all

Yes, Jadis would make a great self-love lecturer. She had looking out for Number One down to a science.