The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Chronicles - The Books of Narnia > The Chronicles of Narnia > Prince Caspian

Notices

Old 09-17-2015, 04:30 AM
Perelandrian

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice

The ancient prophecy said that when Cair Paravel's four thrones were filled with 2 sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve, it would not only be the end of the White Witch's reign, but also of her life. Period. So I agree that whatever the hag and werewolf were hoping to call up, it would not have been Jadis, although it probably would have been something vile.

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus

Old 09-17-2015, 10:22 AM
Friend of Narnia

CORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura aboutCORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura aboutCORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura about

Whether Jadis or someone or something else, she or it would most certainly have been thoroughly evil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepiceek View Post
Interesting... I hadn't thought of that. I assumed from the text that, had Peter and the others not burst in at that moment, they might well have succeeded in bringing the White Witch back. Peeps
I assumed so too, after all the hag confidently asserted, "Whoever heard of a witch who really died? You can always bring them back!" This suggested to me that the knowledge to perform such dark magic had been handed down by subsequent generations of Jadis's supporters. It was quite clear that Nikabrik and the werewolf were also not only aware of such magic, but believed it to be possible. In the film the reference to the necessity for blood from a Son of Adam explains why it had not been done before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peepiceek View Post
Probably 1 Samuel 28 and the witch of Endor is what you're referring to. But in that story they were able to call Samuel up.
Peeps
This is something I cannot understand. How could someone as questionable as the witch of Endor call up a holy prophet like Samuel?
Old 09-17-2015, 05:08 PM

tirian_son_of_erlian will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to tirian_son_of_erlian

Quote:
This is something I cannot understand. How could someone as questionable as the witch of Endor call up a holy prophet like Samuel?
She didn't. She merely furnished the occasion. She doesn't have that power only God does. That, by the way, is entirely the explanation of the footnote I was referring to in my Bible although it is also my viewpoint.