The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Lantern Waste > The Professor's Writing Club

The Professor's Writing Club Poetry, Fan Fiction, etc

View Poll Results: How would you rate "The Wolfprince's Revenge"?
5 stars- Loved it 0 0%
4 stars- Really liked it 1 100.00%
3 stars- liked it/it was okay 0 0%
2 stars- didn't like it 0 0%
1 star- hated it 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Friend of Narnia

Location: Chasing Koschei, Loki and Sirius around campus in Herbie.
Mozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the roughMozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the roughMozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the roughMozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the rough

First, Flower led them to the tent where Caspian had been working.
“The White Cat thinks you’ll be able to use this better than Khain.” She said solemnly as they came to the table with the bomb on it. The destructive device was no bigger than Caspian’s head, but more deadly than any rain of arrows or forest of sharpened steel he knew. Gingerly he wrapped it in a towel and set it gently in a basket which he put over his head so that he could more easily carry it as they ran.
“Now what?” asked Blossom.
Flower grinned, “Now I lead another escape from this cursed place. After Khain is gone you should really put up a sign marking where his camp used to be, so that nobody’ll ever forget what happened there.” The young she cat said, suddenly serious again. “Now hurry!”

Flower shot through the forest like an arrow, Caspian and Blossom matching her step for step, calling on reserves of energy they didn’t know they had.
Flower noticed them looking surprised that they could keep going and she laughed and said cheerily, “It’s the White Cat’s power! Isn’t it wonderful?”
Caspian did not reply as he dashed through the forest, marveling at the speed of his paws and at the fact that he never ran out of breath or felt tired.

This strange strength that they got from the White Cat continued until they stood only feet from Reandalawo’s gate. Here Flower stopped them and smiled sadly at them.
“I have to go now. I did what I was supposed to and now I have to go back. Angels can’t stay in the realm of the living forever y’know.”
“Angels?” asked Caspian.
“Yep. That’s what I am and that’s what you’ll be someday when you get up there. A guardian angel for some lucky little cat.”
“I’ll always protect Mozart.” Said Caspian firmly.
Flower shook her head, “Someday you won’t have to protect her from anything anymore, Caspian, and then I’m sure that whoever you get to be an angel for will never have anything happen to them, because you’ll always be trying to keep them safe!”
“You’re Caspian’s guardian angel then?” asked Blossom.
“I’m the guardian of my family, and boy is it work! That’s partly why I was so keen to get you two back here, so that I can keep all of you in one place! Well, not exactly you Blossom, no offense, but you have somebody else watching over you I guess. I just volunteered first.” The young pale gray striped she-cat smiled one last time at them, then white downy wings spread up from her back and she started to lift off the ground.
“Where’d you get wings from, Flower?” called Caspian as she started to disappear.
“Angel wing rentals!” she laughed back down to him.

And then, she was gone.

The Tale of Mozart the Meerkitten~ The Fire Kitten
Catlition~ The Wolfprince's Revenge

"If you spend every moment of your time thinking about something that makes you angry...well that’s no way to live is it?"

"Grown-ups are just kids who forgot how to have adventures. When you stop having fun, you're grown up."

"Because you don’t need to own the universe, just see it. Have the privilege of seeing the whole of time and space. That’s ownership enough."
Old 04-30-2012, 01:59 PM
Friend of Narnia

Zella is a jewel in the roughZella is a jewel in the roughZella is a jewel in the roughZella is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart the Meerkitten View Post
“I’m the guardian of my family, and boy is it work!"
I bet it is!

That is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to; 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Friend of Narnia

Mozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the roughMozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the roughMozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the roughMozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the rough

Mhmm. My favorite part of that section is the "Angel Wing Rentals" part that I added almost as an afterthought while writing it. That line sprung from my mom telling me that she and one of her friends think there are going to be places where you can rent angel wings in Heaven. And there was that problem of how Flower would get back... so I smushed them together. That section was just all-around fun to write though.

And so was this next one:

Chapter thirty five
Lily

There was much rejoicing when the Reandalawoins found Caspian and Blossom outside the fortress. By the time they had reached the castle it had been about an hour after sunrise but it was only a few hours later in the safety of the castle that Caspian saw a line of wolves peering out of the woods. He shuddered, glad that they were out of that horrible place.
The bomb he had placed under the highest guard in one of the unused storehouses outside the Main Building of Reandalawo. Even though it wasn’t finished it was still unpredictable and could explode if it was dropped or touched in the wrong place or exposed to certain chemicals. So Caspian himself called all the endlessly curious young creatures of Reandalawo together and specifically told them that if they entered that storehouse they would die.
Needless to say there were no break ins to that particular storehouse for a long time.

They discovered around later that the rescue mission had come none too soon, for that afternoon Blossom went into labor. However it would be many agonizingly slow hours until she would give birth.
“How much longer?” Toto would demand whenever one of the she-cats helping walked out of his house where Blossom was giving birth.
“You can’t rush such a thing.” Most of them replied coolly as they hurried past to get more towels or water or herbs.
Rita was in charge of the she-cats who were helping. In addition Mozart and Dorthy were also there. Caspian sat outside the house silently, his face a mask as he watched his brother pace back and forth in front of the entrance. He had no encouraging words to offer his brother, for he could only guess the things they had put Blossom through at that horrible camp.

Finally Mozart walked out, looking haggard. Before Toto could ask anything she said, “It’s going badly. I don’t know what Khain did to her but I’d like to give him a piece of my mind right now!”
“Will they… will she live?” asked Toto, though he was fearful of the answer.
Mozart lifted her head and looked at him with her wide blue eyes which were now so serious. “I promise you Toto I will not let more of my family die because of Khain. Even if I have to plead for her life to the White Cat before the gates of Death I will not let Blossom die.” She vowed, her tiny body shaking fiercely.
Mozart left them to go back and help. Another tense hour passed. Not even the wind blew now, for it was as if the entire world was holding its breath.

"If you spend every moment of your time thinking about something that makes you angry...well that’s no way to live is it?"

"Grown-ups are just kids who forgot how to have adventures. When you stop having fun, you're grown up."

"Because you don’t need to own the universe, just see it. Have the privilege of seeing the whole of time and space. That’s ownership enough."
Old 05-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Friend of Narnia

Zella is a jewel in the roughZella is a jewel in the roughZella is a jewel in the roughZella is a jewel in the rough

O.O That is not a good place to stop!

That is the question:
Devoutly to be wish'd.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Friend of Narnia

Sorry, I'd forgotten that I've already written way ahead of this part, you just haven't READ way ahead of it.
This update is from page 148. The part I'm working on writing is on page 160 exactly. Forty more pages and I reach 200 pages. W00T!

Suddenly a single piercing scream rent the air. Toto leapt up and stared at the door in fear. Caspian lifted his head for a moment, then buried it back in his paws.
“It’s my fault,” he whispered, “All my fault.”

Toto could bear it no longer. He threw open the door of the room and stared. Blossom was lying on a bed in the middle of a group of she cats. Out of the corner of his eye he could see two still, small bundles wrapped in cloth, then his attention flickered back to his wife.
The line of cats had thinned. Rita walked forward, carrying something very small in her arms. She smiled at him as she approached.
“Come to meet your daughter have you Toto?”
Gently she handed him the tiny bundle. Two wide blue eyes stared up at him and a little mouth opened to reveal tiny white teeth.

His daughter.

She had pale blond fur with darker patches of pale golden orange and a little pink nose and soft paws, still damp from her birth.
“She was born with her eyes open,” Rita was saying, “But other than that she seems fine. Khain’s poisons must not have reached her.”
The precious kit sneezed then reached up a paw to touch Toto’s face. He smiled down at her and took the paw in one of his.
“Has her mother seen her?” he asked.
“No, Blossom’s unconscious.” Seeing the fear in her son’s eyes she quickly reassured him, “She’ll be fine in a couple of hours. Giving birth is taxing to every she-cat, let alone one that’s been through what poor Blossom has. She’ll need time to recover.”
Toto nodded then gave his attention back to his tiny daughter.
“What’cha gonna name her?” asked Dorthy, who was peeking over one of his shoulders.
“I’ll wait until her mother’s awake to officially name her, but…”
“But what?” asked Mozart, who had come up beside him.
“But if I were to choose on my own… I’d call her Lily, in honor of her mother and Flower, the aunt she’ll never meet in this world.”
“I think Blossom would like that.” Mozart whispered with a smile.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Friend of Narnia

Yay! That is happy.

That is the question:
Devoutly to be wish'd.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Friend of Narnia

“Caspian? Ca-a-aspian! Where are you?” Mozart called into the dark night.
“Over here.” Came her brother’s dejected voice.
“Aren’t you going in?” she asked, confused at his lack of enthusiasm.
“For what? To torture myself further?” he snapped.
Mozart suddenly realized what her brother feared. “You thought… Oh Caspian! They lived! Blossom and one of the kits lived! You have a beautiful little niece! Or rather we do.”
“There were others?”
“Didn’t make it into the world.” Mozart said flatly, “But…”
“And I’m to blame.” Caspian cut her off then buried his face in his paws.
“No more than I am for leaving you that rescue night.” She replied softly, laying her paw on his shoulder.
“Maybe,” he said, “But will Toto, Blossom and the kit see it that way?”
“You know they’d never blame you. Blossom and Toto know that you did what you could, and they’ll tell Lily that too.”
He looked at her, “Lily?”
“That’s what Toto wants to name her.”
Caspian looked back down at his paws, “Lot like her mom’s name.” he mumbled.
“Yes, the tiny lily comes from the tired blossom. Fitting, eh?”
“And they’ll both live?”
“Of course.” Mozart assured him confidently.
“What does she look like?”
“Why don’t you see for yourself?”

Toto’s voice startled him. His brother held a tiny bundle in his arms.
“N-no thanks.” Said Caspian, backing away.
“Oh but she’ll like you. Crazy old uncle Caspian, the one who saved her and her mother from Khain before she was born.”
“But only after they were tortured and nearly died anyway.” Caspian said sadly.
“Na!”
A tiny squeak interrupted them. Little Lily had turned in her blanket and was staring directly at Caspian, as if she understood what he was saying and was trying to deny what he telling them.
“Ca!” she squeaked again, then looked at imploringly at her father, “Toe! Ca!” she pointed at Caspian.
“She knows your names!” Mozart laughed.
Lily turned briefly to Mozart, “Mo!”
“And mine!” Mozart laughed harder.
“No kit this young can do that.” Said Toto in a confused voice, “I wonder if some of those chemicals did reach her…”
“At least they don’t seem to be having the desired affect!” smiled Mozart.
Caspian peered at his little niece from a distance, “She’s beautiful, Toto.” He said softly.
Lily smiled at him, then snuggled back into her father’s arms to sleep.
“She’s going to be a remarkable little cat someday.” Said Mozart.
Toto smiled lovingly at the tiny sleeping bundle, “She already is.”

Old 05-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aw, that was sweet. I hope Caspian can forgive himself.

That is the question:
Devoutly to be wish'd.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Friend of Narnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zella View Post
Aw, that was sweet. I hope Caspian can forgive himself.
Well with a little help....

Lily was indeed a remarkable kitten. A week after she was born she could walk almost as well as the adults and her mind was as quick as an arrow. She could talk as well as her parents by her second week and was forever afterward constantly asking questions.
“Why does fruit grow on trees and bushes instead of on the ground like grass? What do ‘amazing’, ‘incredible’ and ‘miracle’ mean and why does everybody say I am those things? Why doesn’t Khain like us? How come we can see with our eyes and not our noses or ears? Why can’t Jay see? What are the walls made of?” ect. ect.

Her favorite and most asked question and the one that nobody could or would quite answer was, “Why doesn’t uncle Caspian like me?”
Caspian had hardly ever spoken to her and avoided her whenever possible. When he saw her his guilt at what had happened in Khain’s camp was awakened and a haunted, fearful look arrested his face and he quickly turned away. Unfortunately this confused his curious little niece to no end and she began to be afraid that she had done something to make him act that way around her. As of yet nobody had told her about what had happened to her mother and her before she was born in Khain’s camp, for despite her obvious intelligence Toto and Blossom did not believe that she would understand and they wanted to preserve her innocence a little longer.

So finally the little cat decided to find out herself. She cornered Caspian one day when he was in the ever-expanding graveyard, looking at one of the stones.
“What’cha doin’ uncle Caspian?”
Caspian jumped, then glared at her, “Don’t do that!” he hissed, then turned and tried to walk away, hoping she would be put off by his warning.
But Lily was determined. She jumped in front of him and swayed unsteadily for a moment, then righted herself. Then she asked a question that she thought was so direct that Caspian must answer it.
“Why don’t you like me?” she demanded.
“Who told you I didn’t like you?” asked Caspian, who was now surprised and angry that someone would say that to her about him.
“Nobody. I figured it out on my own.” She announced.
Caspian was taken aback, “Why do you think that?”
“You never talk to me, you leave whenever I’m around, you, you…” she searched for a word, “Don’t pay attention to me!”
“Oh I pay plenty of attention to you Lily, but I suppose its not… not the right kind.”
“What do you mean?” it was Lily’s turn to be confused.
“I watch you almost constantly Lily, more than I watch Mozart now, you just don’t know because you never sense me.
“Like an angel?”
“Yeah… kinda.” Said Caspian awkwardly.
“But why don’t you play with me like Dorthy and take care of me when I’m hurt like Mozart? Why don’t you show me your big sword like daddy does? Why don’t you sing to me like Ribbony or rock me to sleep like Gramma Rita and mama do?”
“I don’t know. I guess I’m just a bad uncle, aren’t I? Caspian sighed.

Silence reigned. Finally Lily broke it.
“What were you looking at? What’s so interesting about that funny rock with the scribbles on it?”
“That funny rock with scribbles on it is called a tombstone- a marker so we remember where dead creatures are buried- and that tombstone happens to be my older sister Flower’s.”
“Oh. I’m sorry. Why did she die?” asked Lily, looking at him with eyes that were still baby blue.
“She died because Khain hurt her when she was escaping from his camp with a group of kits she had set free from there.” He closed his eyes, but a tear escaped them nonetheless.
A little paw hesitantly wiped it away. Caspian opened his eyes and saw Lily staring at him with those wide innocent eyes, her paw still outstretched. She looked so much like Mozart had when they were little kittens and he had gotten a scratch play fighting and was trying not to show how much it hurt.
“It’s not bad to cry, Caspian.” She would always tell him.
“Maybe not for a she-cat, but tomcats aren’t supposed to cry.”
Mozart would shake her head, “No, Myrrh says that everybody cries. She says that she even saw the White Cat cry once and he’s a tomcat!”
“Well he’s different…” Caspian would protest.
Mozart would only smile at him, “No, its not. Crying helps you feel better Caspian, you should do it more often.”

Since then Caspian realized he had cried a lot. Not in public of course, but in the safety of his room or high in the branches of a tall tree he had often allowed tears to flow freely down his face. Now he sighed, what kind of an uncle was he? He ignored his only niece in public and now he cried in front of her!

Old 05-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Friend of Narnia

Oh, Caspian. I want to give him a hug.

That is the question:
Devoutly to be wish'd.