The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Stone Table > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests Need Prayers? We're here for you!

Old 04-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperfox View Post
It was looking as if NONE of my relatives living elsewhere than Colorado were going to make it out here for the May twelfth wedding; but now, knock on wood, my sisters believe they WILL be able to come.
YAY! So excited for you!
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly • Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly •
Old 04-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you! Here's a "nuts and bolts" prayer item relating to the coming marriage. Carol and I contemplate living in MY house, and RENTING her house to someone. In planning how to go about this, Carol has shown the great practical intelligence I already knew she had. Please pray that in God's good timing we WILL get a tenant who WON'T trash the place.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Perelandrian

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice

praying for just the right tenant (and perhaps just the right property manager too), as well as the timing to be convenient to your plans as well

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus

Old 04-20-2012, 02:12 AM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of light

Carol has just joined the local chapter of the American Legion. I was present to see her being installed as a member, and most likely I'll be joining them too before long.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:41 PM

NarnianPrincesss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Congrat's

When in May? My grandama's birthday is on May 5th
The Bible isn't History it's His Story!

Old 04-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Friend of Narnia

Our wedding comes one week later, on the twelfth.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Friend of Narnia

Today is the fourth anniversary -- almost to the _minute_ as I write this -- of Janalee's departure through The Door Into Summer. Fittingly for this date, while I was out on my morning exercise walk, I received a modest little "postcard from Heaven." A woman drove past me in a van. Glancing her way, I was startled to see that, while I don't think she was anybody I knew, she looked remarkably like my departed sweetheart.

I know perfectly well about the delusional mental phenomenon called "confirmation bias," which many atheists want to believe I'm too stupid to understand. That is _why_ I've always asked God _not_ to let me deceive myself about supposed spiritual signs. Thus, I would not have made a big deal out of a passing woman seeming to resemble Jan, when I had lately been _thinking_ about Jan. But something was _added_ to the moment, something which my own brain _didn't_ make up: the woman in the van _waved_ to me. When you add this action outside of my control, happening on this date of all dates, I can and shall allow myself to believe that the Holy Spirit _gave_ that woman the impulse to wave to me. That woman, God bless her, acted for a moment as a representative of my second wife, to boost my morale. It is all the more timely because this week I'm sending some keepsakes of Jan to her sister Jillanne Lenius, the better to make my home comfortable for my _new_ love Carol, whom I will marry on May twelfth.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Friend of Narnia

Lossėndil is a jewel in the roughLossėndil is a jewel in the roughLossėndil is a jewel in the roughLossėndil is a jewel in the rough

I am glad God sends you comforts and reminders throughout the years. It is such a wonderful feeling to know that God cares, and it makes loss a little easier and new joys a little bit sweeter.

I wish you and Carol the best of happiness. May the two of you have a fulfilling and lasting relationship, and may Christ always be in your home and your hearts. May God bless the two of you greatly, and bless also your loved ones.
~Philippians 3:10

avvie by GondorGirl
Old 05-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Friend of Narnia

Please pray that I will never cause Carol to feel disrespected, crowded, unappreciated, etc. She is brand new to the married life.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Perelandrian

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice

Such prayer requests must give Carol joy to have such a caring sensitive husband, not to mention the pleasure they must give the Lord. May this last week before your big day be full of open doors and details coming together even better than you could have imagined.

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus