The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > Other Fantasy Worlds

Other Fantasy Worlds Harry Potter, The NeverEnding Story and Beyond

Old 05-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven-El View Post

Also, the moment when Nick Fury mentions flying monkeys and Steve gets excited because some one FINALLY made a reference he understood.
Oh my, was THAT the reference Fury made? To Wizard of Oz? Bwahaha. I thought it was funny, but I didn't get it at the time. That's hilarious.

and yes, Scarlett Johansson was actually decent in this movie. I was afraid she would be like the Black Widow we saw in IM2, but she was a great character!
Old 05-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Friend of Narnia

ahyperdude has a spectacular aura aboutahyperdude has a spectacular aura aboutahyperdude has a spectacular aura about

Just saw it on Friday! I absolutely loved it! There was a tinge of cheesy acting or lines, but I could barely even notice that! I'll have my review out soon!

Did any of you notice the anti-communism message? It rang through HUGELY for me!

Remember when *SPOILER* Loki says something along the lines of, people were meant to be RULED by more powerful men, but throughout the story the Avengers are fighting AGAINST this. It seemed to CRUSH communism, and I really liked that.

Last edited by ahyperdude; 05-06-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

It's not necessarily anti-communism; that's anti-tyranny, a form of government found in a variety of systems, not just communism (look at the wonderful person running our country; communism isn't the only thing alive and well in the world today).

Though for Captain America, I'm pretty sure his fight in this movie was the same fight as in Captain america (2011)
Old 05-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Friend of Narnia

ahyperdude has a spectacular aura aboutahyperdude has a spectacular aura aboutahyperdude has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravis Kenobi View Post
Though for Captain America, I'm pretty sure his fight in this movie was the same fight as in Captain america (2011)
How so? What was the same?
Old 05-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Friend of Narnia

Captain America was fighting against a totalitarian regime (Hydra was determined to rule the world); Loki was the same kind of force just to a greater degree.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Friend of Narnia

amdd97 has a spectacular aura aboutamdd97 has a spectacular aura aboutamdd97 has a spectacular aura about

Just saw it last night, it was pretty good!

I take requests

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, pity those who live without love" A. Dumbledore

"I l will live as a Narnia even if there is no Narnia"

Old 05-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of light

Some of us thought that the idea of "the same fight" meant literally the same PHYSICAL MOVES. But of course Captain America is against tyranny! Speaking of which, I am SO grateful that this movie DID NOT re-hash the same tired old theme of "evil business corporations." That theme is overblown in Hollywood precisely because so many cinema figures are in love with Marxism. But in the real world, there is ALWAYS a limit on what evil business corporations can do... because the rich guys in charge, no matter how powerful they are, can still be ARRESTED at any time, by someone like Vladimir Putin.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Friend of Narnia

Narnia_bookworm has a spectacular aura aboutNarnia_bookworm has a spectacular aura about

I went and saw it today. I loved it! Every minute of it kept my attention. I loved all of the action/sci-fi sequences, the acting was really good, and I enjoyed the comedic bits thrown in. The aliens at the end were so cool. It was just an all around good film. It helped having all of these superheroes together in one film. I thought Chris Evans was fantastic as Captain America. Robert Downy Jr. was funny and brilliantly cocky as Iron Man. Scarlett Johansson was brilliant as the Black Widow, and the rest of the cast was great. Samuel L. Jackson made a great Nick Fury. I give it 10 superhero masks. It was such a brilliant film. Defintely worth seeing! I can't forget about Thor. Chris Hemsworth portrayed him fantastic and a lot better than he did in the Thor movie IMO.
When I look at her my heart melts. When I gaze into those gorgeous eyes and hear that beautiful voice the whole world stops, and it's just the two of us. There is nothing else that matters in the world. My love and devotion for her is so pure! I can't ever stop thinking about my true love!

~ Narnia! It's all in the wardrobe just like I told you!~Lucy Pevensie~ The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Old 05-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of light

Some actors really get around, and are not confined to one type of role. Stellan Skarsgard (sp?), the actor who played Loki's enslaved physicist, has previously portrayed two villains, who were different from each other as well as different from his new victim-role. In the 2004 "King Arthur," he was the evil Saxon king; before that, he was the cold-hearted Russian attack-submarine captain in "The Hunt For Red October."
Old 05-06-2012, 10:38 PM

PunkMaister is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to PunkMaister Send a message via MSN to PunkMaister Send a message via Yahoo to PunkMaister
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia_bookworm View Post
I went and saw it today. I loved it! Every minute of it kept my attention. I loved all of the action/sci-fi sequences, the acting was really good, and I enjoyed the comedic bits thrown in. The aliens at the end were so cool. It was just an all around good film. It helped having all of these superheroes together in one film. I thought Chris Evans was fantastic as Captain America. Robert Downy Jr. was funny and brilliantly cocky as Iron Man. Scarlett Johansson was brilliant as the Black Widow, and the rest of the cast was great. Samuel L. Jackson made a great Nick Fury. I give it 10 superhero masks. It was such a brilliant film. Defintely worth seeing! I can't forget about Thor. Chris Hemsworth portrayed him fantastic and a lot better than he did in the Thor movie IMO.
Indeed it was

Spoilers ahead..

I loved when Hulk and Thor jumped into a building together only for Hulk to punch him right after. I also loved how Hulk smashed Loki around after he got all high and mighty.

SciFiVerse
Chronicles of Narrnia: Fragments of a darkened mirror, plz read & review
"Impossible is a word I stopped using the moment I stepped thru the Stargate" Col. Samantha Carter