The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > Other Fantasy Worlds

Other Fantasy Worlds Harry Potter, The NeverEnding Story and Beyond

View Poll Results: Which of the Marvel hero's are your favorites?
Captain America 12 48.00%
Fantastic Four 3 12.00%
Hulk 3 12.00%
Iron Man 8 32.00%
Spider-Man 11 44.00%
Thor 9 36.00%
X-Men 8 32.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2012, 01:51 PM

Jayce76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravis Kenobi View Post
Mark Ruffalo I don't care for just from the trailer of Avengers; but I liked Edward Norton. Same difference.
Yeah, . . Ruffalo seems a bit bland. Not terrible, but a bit flat. But I'm hoping the movie is a bit better than he is in the trailers. Oh course, I'm sure some people prefer his style.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 PM

Aslan's Child_1996 is on a distinguished road

My favorite is Thor! I really love Captain America also, but Thor is number 1! I just went and saw the Avengers and it was totally amazing and kick butt! I loved it so much! And Thor was AMAZING! I am soooo excited that there will be a Thor2! One of my favorite parts from The Avengers is in my signature! Captain America shows true patriotism! Well, what I believe is patriotism! I hope everyone who sees the Avengers will be as happy as I am!

Send me a message if you watch Once Upon A Time on ABC or CTV! I would love to meet some more Narnian Oncers!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Friend of Narnia

Lossėndil is a jewel in the roughLossėndil is a jewel in the roughLossėndil is a jewel in the rough

So, what did you like so much about Thor?

I'm always wary of things that claim to be patriotic (though I have high respect for anything that is actually patriotic. Patriotism, for me, is something to die for). In what way did you think Captain America was patriotic?
~Philippians 3:10

avvie by GondorGirl
Old 05-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of light

While you're waiting for A-C's answer, I'll say: in American-made movies today, there is HARDLY ANY danger of a script showing TOO MUCH "blind patriotism" toward the United States. In "The Avengers," there certainly was NOT any message that the United States "could do no wrong."
Old 05-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lossėndil View Post

I'm always wary of things that claim to be patriotic (though I have high respect for anything that is actually patriotic. Patriotism, for me, is something to die for). In what way did you think Captain America was patriotic?
There's an exchange between Agent Coulson and Captain america that I thought spoke volumes...correct me if I'm wrong.

Coulson: "We've made some modifications to your suit/uniform."

Captain America: "Aren't the Stars and Stripes a little...old fashioned?"

Coulson: (don't remember what he says next, but he ends the scene with this line): "We could use a little old-fashioned."

I think Coulson said something along the lines of how, in times of crisis, America needs the Stars and Stripes more than ever. To me I think that was a pretty true statement, because the moment we think the Stars and Stripes are obsolete, we're in danger of losing our freedom (maybe this was a message Captain America conveyed in the movie?). I can't really explain why I believe Captain America is so patriotic, aside from the fact that he represents the best of America which is almost non-existent now.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lossėndil View Post

I don't know what I like so much about Thor, honestly. He's just always been my favorite! But he did have a lot of great scenes in the movie!!

As for Captain America, maybe patriotism wasn't the word I was looking for. Uuuummmm, maybe it's like old fashioned patriotism. Or at least what I believe it was. The whole God and country go together thing. Because he did question SHIELD, but I just totally adored how he stood up for God. You don't see lines like that in movies very often anymore!

Send me a message if you watch Once Upon A Time on ABC or CTV! I would love to meet some more Narnian Oncers!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Maybe you like Thor because he's ridiculously hot? So is Captain America .
Old 05-05-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Maybe you like Thor because he's ridiculously hot? So is Captain America .
Well, I am NOT girly! But, never admitted this about anyone before, yeah! Thor is really hot! That's a big reason! Did you know that originally Liam made it to the top 4 for the role of Thor and Chris didn't? But then Chris got cast when the director reviewed earlier eliminated candidates! Yay director!

Old 05-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Friend of Narnia

Ick. Not a fan of Liam Hemsworth. The director nearly goofed right there.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Ick. Not a fan of Liam Hemsworth. The director nearly goofed right there.
Same here! Liam kinda looks girly in my opinion. Chris is more manly
and Thor-ish!