The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Lantern Waste > The Lamp-post

The Lamp-post It returns, the general topic forum, combining the general discussion threads from Tumnus, International and Wood between the worlds.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Friend of Narnia

Sopespian is just really niceSopespian is just really niceSopespian is just really niceSopespian is just really nice
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Gil-Galad Took View Post
In 2009 I met a bright young man Sopespian and I don't think it took long before we became extremely good friends. He often told me his views on things and we started to pm, email etc. I was stunned with his cleverness and the way he acted. THIS COULDN'T BE A KID!! Yes he was. He was dang sure a kid and a very smart one. Mikester had not only a smart head on his shoulders but he also had a great sense of humor. Oh boy I never forget he complained to me when he was angry about a topic. Hahahha! I felt like a mother and an older sister at the same time!! I had to calm him down like a sister does and comfort him like a mom does. And he kept on returning to TDL and tried it again. Till this day Mikester is one of my most beloved jewels on here. But don't tell him or he will flip hahahahahhaha!
Aw, thanks.

And of course I flipped.

Check out StoryForum One, a community for storytelling.

Drive through Indiana
Meet the man
Plowed that earth, planted that seed
Busted his back for you and me
Old 04-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Friend of Narnia

Mrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the roughMrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the roughMrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Mrs Gil-Galad Took Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs Gil-Galad Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopespian View Post

Aw, thanks.

And of course I flipped.
Hahaha with a big smile on your face Mikester

Banner and avy made by me
Click ^ ^ My Hockey Site
Old 04-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Friend of Narnia

Gondorgirl is just really niceGondorgirl is just really niceGondorgirl is just really niceGondorgirl is just really niceGondorgirl is just really nice

Quote:
Another member who ALWAYS have been nice to me right from the start was Truenarnian (Tsukiko). She also had shown a huge support right from the start. And she requested a lot of my graphics too.
TN and Obi and I were a great trio, looking at us now we seem like three completely opposite personalities so I don't know how in the world that worked. But it did, probably a big help in my learning how to get along with people who are way different form me.

Another one of my very first friends was Elashia/FenderStratocaster/Jood and all the other usernames she had. I just got along really well with her. Also Audrey (Daydreambeliever/Snowflower) and Audrey (Lucy but Taller) and Kitty and Rach. And all of the girls.

But my heart was colder when you'd gone
And I lost my head but found the one that I love
Under the sun, under the sun

Old 04-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Aww, Vanessa, that was so sweet. No wonder you are so loved -- you are so loving! We are blessed to have grown-ups like you here, just as we're blessed to have such great young people. And old folks like myself!

Although I was grown-up, married and a step-mom when I joined here, my TDL family has been with me through so many changes, plus my goofy medical problems, my mum's battle with Alzheimer's and her passing, my struggles with my marriage and my faith walk. I feel so many of the wonderful folks here have been my prayer partners and fans. Thanks y'all. You know I love you!
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly • Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly • Visit my Jesus website, Jesus and Jaxy World
Old 04-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Friend of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadee View Post

Growing up never meant that I couldnt like Narnia or Disney anymore, growing up meant knowing right from wrong...

Narniafans, TDL.. has a lot to do with my growing up. Even though it was absent from my life while I was growing up
We're glad you're back and also that you love Narnia still. All of us are here because we all love Narnia and consider ourselves Narnians. I think that's why we all love each other and feel a connection, even though we don't really know each other in real life. I'm just so happy you're back amongst us crazy Narnians!

Quote:

In 2009 I went to the US and one of my dreams became true. I met Benisse and BarbarianKing in reality. That was a blast! I couldn't imagine we only met at a forum. It was like they were part of my family already. All internet limits felt away. Thanks to BK I have told people who are going to SoCal to go to Balboa (was that the name Mike?) beach. It is way more cool than LA area. And Benisse she did SO MANY GREAT things for me and my brother!!!!
You're right Vanessa! It's Balboa Beach! One of my favorite beaches. I have so many great memories of those few days we spent together. I especially cherish our breaking of bread at Linda's house and the time we spent with her wonderful family! And yes, it felt as if we had always known each other. Plus your brother Marvin is one of the most gentle, honest, and humble person I have ever met. When I go to Europe, I'll make sure I'll come to Netherlands to see you guys!

Quote:
Another member I love to mention is Protagonist/Captain Holly. Yes I know, many people might shrug by hearing his name but I develloped a real good friendship with him. He has shown to me often he is so NOT as people think. He is very smart and very wise and has a good head on his shoulders. I know this because I talked to him in private. Protag had an influence on my time on TDL too. He did care and did often ask me if I was okay etc. So yes there is a very good side about protag only a few members know.
I think he would feel weird if I say that I love him so I'll say that I really, really, like that dude. He may not think so, but I do. I never disliked him or anything and he usually made me laugh with his posts. He was always funny, witty, and random, which are qualities that I can relate to really well. Plus, I miss the rabbit-thingy avatar.

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 04-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Friend of Narnia

Lossėndil is a jewel in the roughLossėndil is a jewel in the roughLossėndil is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarianKing View Post
I think he would feel weird if I say that I love him so I'll say that I really, really, like that dude. He may not think so, but I do. I never disliked him or anything and he usually made me laugh with his posts. He was always funny, witty, and random, which are qualities that I can relate to really well. Plus, I miss the rabbit-thingy avatar.
I gotta agree with BK about Protag. I just wish I knew him better...
~Philippians 3:10

avvie by GondorGirl
Old 04-30-2012, 03:46 PM

Kate is on a distinguished road

This is gonna feel strange because it has been seven years since I was an active member at TDL but I started when I was 16 and here is where I got real encouragement to write and felt like I was actually talented.
Here I felt accepted when I didn't at home and I felt very cared about.
Most of the people who were so good to me back then have either left or changed their name but the since of acceptance and encouragement is still a huge aspect of this place. It's important.
And now I am back to write again (once I have posted enough LOL)
Old 05-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Friend of Narnia

Lossėndil is a jewel in the roughLossėndil is a jewel in the roughLossėndil is a jewel in the rough

Wow, that's a long time, Kate! I don't know you, but I'm so glad you came back! And I do hope you stay. This is indeed such a wonderful community.
~Philippians 3:10

avvie by GondorGirl
Old 12-02-2013, 05:26 AM
Friend of Narnia

Narniabeaver2005 is on a distinguished road

I been here since 2005 and now I'm 39.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Friend of Narnia

Location: A place with Timelords, detectives, cats and Firebenders.
Mozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the roughMozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the roughMozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the roughMozart the Meerkitten is a jewel in the rough

I never really looked at this thread very hard, but I think I always meant to post in it, so here I am, posting in it.

So firstly, I joined here when I was 12 and now I'm 17. Jeeze, that's 5 years, haha. I remember I had to convince my mom that this was a good site that she should let me join and I remember how I insisted on having this username. Looking back at my posts I'm kind of appalled at how I acted at times and amazed at how patient everyone on here was towards me. I was such a stubborn little thing who got angry all the time at everything and everyone. I think being on here helped me grow up and learn to think about what I say and be more sensitive to people. I also always felt like this place and everyone in it was like my family- I could come on here and be a goofball or vent or engage in a deep discussion and make a fool of myself in front of grown-ups () and everyone would be okay with it. I've always had more friends on here than I've ever had anywhere else, and boy do I miss some of them. (Especially my wars with the Traveling Trio and Dusty and conversations with Narniagirl12 and LBT and Kitty. And Thegirls in general.)
One thing I do remember clearly though was Kitty telling me to post my book (later bookS) on here. I am very glad that I gave into her pestering and did, because you guys have been incredibly helpful to me in my writing. You helped me to understand the perks of constructive criticism and actually WANT it (especially in a world where all my English teachers think that everything I write is brilliant and perfect the first time 'round) as well as encourage me to keep writing.

I think all that is why I can't leave. I've thought about just not coming back on here one day, but I can't bring myself to do it. There are too many memories, too many friends, too many good times to still be had.

The Tale of Mozart the Meerkitten~ The Fire Kitten
Catlition~ The Wolfprince's Revenge

If you spend every moment of your time thinking about something that makes you angry...well that’s no way to live is it?

Gallifrey Falls No More.

There's no such thing as an ordinary human.

Because you don’t need to own the universe, just see it. Have the privilege of seeing the whole of time and space. That’s ownership enough.