The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > Other Fantasy Worlds

Other Fantasy Worlds Harry Potter, The NeverEnding Story and Beyond

Old 04-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Friend of Narnia

ahyperdude has a spectacular aura aboutahyperdude has a spectacular aura aboutahyperdude has a spectacular aura about

Flat out I think Mirror Mirror looks insanely stupid and little kidish.. It got good reviews though. I'll take their word for it xD

I'm more excited for "Snow White and the Huntsman" even though that doesn't look that great either.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Fresh Bread?

fernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the rough

I like the movie. It was cute, non-offensive, and was a very interesting, somewhat unpredictable, take on the story. It was very original.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Pandawan

MissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernshirehobbit View Post
I like the movie. It was cute, non-offensive, and was a very interesting, somewhat unpredictable, take on the story. It was very original.
I'm not sure that I want to see it, but after hearing about how clean it was, I'm reconsidering, since my mom thinks she wants to see it once it comes out on DVD. Hearing that you liked is another few points in its favor as well.

One thing I think is neat is how magic is portrayed to be bad, and is only used by the evil queen. Even apart from my personal beliefs, that's downright original in comparison to most fairy tale movies!

I made my banner and avatar.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Friend of Narnia

Location: In the forests with my trusty sword,pen,paper, and guitar
Narnia_bookworm has a spectacular aura aboutNarnia_bookworm has a spectacular aura about

It was so much fun. And Lily Collins made Snow White come to life. She was superb! The movie was fun, funny, family friendly, and had a wonderful upbeat dance at the end. I'm curious about Snow White and The Huntsmen too. But I think Mirror Mirror will defintely be the better adaptation.
When I look at her my heart melts. When I gaze into those gorgeous eyes and hear that beautiful voice the whole world stops, and it's just the two of us. There is nothing else that matters in the world. My love and devotion for her is so pure! I can't ever stop thinking about my true love!

~ Narnia! It's all in the wardrobe just like I told you!~Lucy Pevensie~ The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe