The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Eagle and Child > The Inklings

The Inklings The best-known members of the group were C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien and Charles Williams.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Friend of Narnia

Mrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the roughMrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the roughMrs Gil-Galad Took is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Mrs Gil-Galad Took Send a message via Yahoo to Mrs Gil-Galad Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravis Kenobi View Post
It's Peter Jackson; I seriously doubt he will add, change, or remove anything from the story that isn't absolutely necessary. His reasoning for the changes in LotR make much sense, and I think were necessary for a successful trilogy of films. I've never considered The Hobbit very lighthearted, but I do find it much easier to read.
Very classy comment AK

I think I ever have waited for a movie to be released since RotK. The funny thing is I am going to do exactly the same thing for my work as I did almost 10 years ago and now the Hobbit is coming out this year
Old 04-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Fresh Bread?

fernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the roughfernshirehobbit is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Gil-Galad Took View Post
Very classy comment AK

I think I ever have waited for a movie to be released since RotK. The funny thing is I am going to do exactly the same thing for my work as I did almost 10 years ago and now the Hobbit is coming out this year
It's so crazy that its coming out this year ... 10 years... such a long time...
Old 04-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

Is everyone still discussing the movie seriously or is everyone still fangirling about the dwarf dudes?

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 04-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Hasn't been much ot discuss really. Jackson hasn't released any new pictures or videos.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

It is quite nostalgic to have a new PJ/Tolkien film to look forward to for my birthday! I loved those years when the LOTR movies came out one after another in December, and each one in time for my birthday! One year I won tickets to one of the films at church, by answering a trivia question about Gollum ... Totally geeky!
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 04-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Pandawan

MissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot View Post
It is quite nostalgic to have a new PJ/Tolkien film to look forward to for my birthday! I loved those years when the LOTR movies came out one after another in December, and each one in time for my birthday! One year I won tickets to one of the films at church, by answering a trivia question about Gollum ... Totally geeky!
That's awesome.

I never got to see LotR in theater, because I was too young. xD That's why I'm guiltily pleased that it took them so long to make the Hobbit.

I made my banner and avatar.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissReepicheep View Post
That's awesome.

I never got to see LotR in theater, because I was too young. xD That's why I'm guiltily pleased that it took them so long to make the Hobbit.
Bah, I forget how long it's been and how young some of our little folks are! I think it's fabulous that it has been 10 years so a new generation can get excited about a new LOTR film. Oh my goodness, I can still remember seeing the first preview for the first LOTR film -- I didn't even know they were making one, and I saw the Orcs and Hobbits, and I was about to have a fit in the cinema! I mean a live action LOTR movie and it looked so cool, not cheesy at all -- I was freaking out. Then I freaked out over every movie when it came out ... and when ROTK won for Best Picture, I was totally over the moon!

I'm glad there's going to be another one!
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 04-29-2012, 02:37 PM

TheWarriorSatyr will become famous soon enough

I'm wondering, how are the eagles going to talk?

Lovely banner made by GG.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:01 PM

Faleel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravis Kenobi View Post
It's Peter Jackson; I seriously doubt he will add, change, or remove anything from the story that isn't absolutely necessary. His reasoning for the changes in LotR make much sense, and I think were necessary for a successful trilogy of films. I've never considered The Hobbit very lighthearted, but I do find it much easier to read.
Well, here are two changes:

Ringwraiths have tombs (what the?)

Radagast is pulled on a sled by bunnies/jackrabbits. (could be Beorn, which would make more sense)

Discuss.

"A special effect without a story, is a very boring thing" ~George Lucas.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faleel View Post
Well, here are two changes:

Ringwraiths have tombs (what the?)

Radagast is pulled on a sled by bunnies/jackrabbits. (could be Beorn, which would make more sense)

Discuss.
What are you talking about?