The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Chronicles of Narnia - The Films and Games > Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Voyage of the Dawn Treader Walden Media and Fox's third Narnia film, released on December 10, 2010

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Pandawan

MissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really niceMissReepicheep is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarianKing View Post
As awesome as this thread is, I still consider another one even funnier than this one. It was that old (since locked) Roleplay By Monologues thread that Copperfox started long ago when we had those wild role players that had joined by the handful! Go read through that thread. I promise you, YOU WILL FALL off your chair!

My favorite parts were the Amish rollerskaters and the whole incident of Magneto vs. Weird Al. Emmett the Cowboy got his start there and the thread also saw the birth of that famous superhero Bat-Bat, who's been underground for a while now. Super Duper Man made a brief appearance there too and we were able to travel into the future to see Harrison Ford at 110 years old attend the premiere of his newest flick Indiana Jones Versus the Adult-Diaper Stealing Mummies. Ah! And who can forget all the 13-year old female roleplayers trying outdo each other with invincible swords and going on interminable quests that no one but themselves understood?
Copperfox told me about that once, but I never got around to reading through much of the thread. I need to make time for it.

I made my banner and avatar.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissReepicheep View Post
Copperfox told me about that once, but I never got around to reading through much of the thread. I need to make time for it.
Oh, boy. I hope you're still breathing when you get to the scenes with The Three Klutzateers, Doofus, Porkroast, Limpwrist, and D'Artagnan. Back then these guys were actually hot commodity for all those 13-year old role players. Each wanted them as the perfect sidekicks on whom to try their "awesome feminine power of persuasion" (as they put it).

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt

Last edited by BarbarianKing; 03-24-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of light

Miss R, the _new_ Duffers thread "Attention-Deficit Roleplaying" is an attempt to revive the _same_ craziness as in "Monologues." The only difference from then is that _this_ time I'm no longer trying to get MrsGil-GaladTook interested in marrying me, since now I've got someone who IS going to marry me.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:21 PM

tirian_son_of_erlian will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to tirian_son_of_erlian

Is there a new thread like this one for The Silver Chair?

I wanted to say: "Use an electric chair instead of a silver chair. Tempt a half-electrocuted Rillian with hamburgers. Rename Coalblack 'Pretty pink horse.' Have the Narnians re-emerge in Telmar (instead of Narnia) in the middle of a pirate's brawl."
Old 10-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Here's a silly idea:

Make a movie based on the actual book, not the book of your imagination. Ridiculous, isn't it?
Old 10-15-2013, 10:06 PM

Eustace C. Scrubb will become famous soon enough
Talking

Well, they might have to recast Eustace, so what do you guys think of Justin Bieber in the role?

“Sleeping on a dragon's hoard with greedy, dragonish thoughts in his heart, he had become a dragon himself.”
Old 10-16-2013, 09:41 AM

The Tear Of The Lion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravis Kenobi View Post
Here's a silly idea:

Make a movie based on the actual book, not the book of your imagination. Ridiculous, isn't it?
Pffffft... ridiculors idea! What will the teens think! They have tried that once... with LWW, it was soooo silly and childish! PC is soooo cool and VDT sooo exiting! And especially original! See, the makers are very creative. A movie based on the actual book, pfffft... That would be sooo childish! No love, no action! Just weird things and christian allegory and boring stuff, you know?

Could someone hand me a huge shield with the word IRONY
on it? Thanks!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:20 AM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirian_son_of_erlian View Post
Is there a new thread like this one for The Silver Chair?
I wasn't planning on starting one for TSC because the Mark Gordon Company has not had a prior chance to ruin....er... I mean, make a Narnia movie so we have to wait and see if they can pull it off. Besides, there is not forum yet specifically for TSC The Movie like there are for the other three. When Admin or the mods create that TSC forum, you sure are welcome to create a thread there if you're still up for it.

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 10-17-2013, 02:07 AM
blest to bless

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice

(Barbarian King -- I will talk to the other mods about when that Silver Chair forum will be launched)

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus

Old 10-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Friend of Narnia

Aravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really niceAravis Kenobi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace C. Scrubb View Post
Well, they might have to recast Eustace, so what do you guys think of Justin Bieber in the role?
Well, if he has a decent enough script he'd probably do better than most of the actors did in VDT.
Closed Thread