The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Chronicles of Narnia - The Films and Games > Hunt for the White Stag

Hunt for the White Stag Discuss Future Narnia Films here!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Fan View Post
I've heard lots of trailers have music from the movie Dragonheart.
Yes, I've noticed the same. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was used in the trailer for at least one "real world" dramatic movie.

= = = = = = = = =

NOW AVAILABLE!! For those who have shown interest in my past music ministry, somebody has made a YouTube video of a song I wrote the words for! Lead vocal is Kevin S. Johnson, but I'm singing on there too. Recorded in 1976.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8fOz...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-22-2012, 02:04 PM

Aslan's Child_1996 is on a distinguished road

I think the new Spider man trailer could have easily fooled any eager narnia fan!

Send me a message if you watch Once Upon A Time on ABC or CTV! I would love to meet some more Narnian Oncers!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Knight of Narnia

BarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really niceBarbarianKing is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to BarbarianKing Send a message via Yahoo to BarbarianKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan's Child_1996 View Post
I think the new Spider man trailer could have easily fooled any eager narnia fan!
I had to go see it. Sounds like the music from Prince Caspian, is that it?

I makes me banners

Check out my THREAD about meeting Georgie and Will Poulter!
Read my short fanfic about Reepicheep's prophesy.

My graphics thread
My other writing thread.
My DeviantArt Gallery

I am free from the taint of neutrality.
-T. Roosevelt
Old 05-18-2012, 08:50 PM

MorningTime4 is on a distinguished road
Default The Magicians Nephew

I sort of feel uncomfortable with them making TMN, because then the other actors of other Narnian characters would grow older. But, I respect Walden Media's decision. If they want to make TMN, I totally respect that. I'd completly understand. That wouldn't change my love for Narnia, the acors, or the moviemakers by one bit.
On the other hand, I really don't know what Polly or Diggory would look like in the movie. I've always imagined Polly with blonde hair and Diggory with chocolate brown hair. Bur really, I just probably want actors who can portray those two like they are in the books. Don't you think personality is better than looks?

Last edited by MorningTime4; 06-03-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:52 AM

SunshineRose has a spectacular aura aboutSunshineRose has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningTime4 View Post
On the other hand, I really don't know what Polly or Diggory would look like in the movie. I've always imagined Polly with blonde hair and Diggory with choclate brown hair. Bur really, I just probably want actors who can portray those two like they are in the books. Don't you think personality is better than looks?
I've always pictured Polly as blonde and Digory with light brown hair, too, but I agree with you that I would rather have an actor who can accurately portray what I feel like is the personality of Polly or Digory rather than someone who meshes perfectly with my imagined appearance of Polly or Digory. I think Georgie is the epitome of how the overall personality is much more important than appearance. (Not that Georgie is ugly. She is adorable.) Georgie is a brunette, and the books describe Lucy as blonde, but Georgie nails Lucy's personality so wonderfully that I couldn't imagine and wouldn't want anyone else to play Lucy.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 05-30-2012, 02:41 PM

forbearne will become famous soon enough

I think my worst fear regarding the book becoming a film is the rings. I just know they won't get it right.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:41 PM

SunshineRose has a spectacular aura aboutSunshineRose has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbearne View Post
I think my worst fear regarding the book becoming a film is the rings. I just know they won't get it right.
Yeah, we might have to brace ourselves for them butchering that

-C.S. Lewis
Old 06-05-2012, 04:44 PM

The point is, we want the all of Narnia movies to have a feel of Narnia. Everything's just have to feel Narnian feel, from the actors to the sets. You have to, like, get this voice in your head while your watching the movies that says, "I have just traveled into Narnia." When it has a Narnian feel, it's like you got pulled into Narnia and your there when all of the action happens and the battles.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningTime4 View Post
The point is, we want the all of Narnia movies to have a feel of Narnia. Everything's just have to feel Narnian feel, from the actors to the sets. You have to, like, get this voice in your head while your watching the movies that says, "I have just traveled into Narnia." When it has a Narnian feel, it's like you got pulled into Narnia and your there when all of the action happens and the battles.
Exactly. I couldn't agree more. That feel is what gives you the magic feeling that you are in Narnia, rather than watching a movie about a magical land. The feeling is hard to describe, but when you have it, you know what it is, and when you don't have it, you know what you're missing.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 06-07-2012, 03:35 AM

I wonder how the castle with all of Jadis' statues would look like in the movie. All of the stone people and the errie feeling and sun. Good luck with that filmakers!