The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Chronicles of Narnia - The Films and Games > Prince Caspian

Prince Caspian Walden Media and Walt Disney Pictures' next Narnia film, releasing May 16, 2008

Old 02-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenithar View Post
I thought putting the minotaurs on the side of good in the movies added an interesting dynamic to the world of Narnia. As a fantasy buff, I like the kinds of stories that have different races, and I like how they portrayed them as not being inherently bad.

As for Lewis' theme, he may have been portraying some things as being absolutely bad or good to teach a moral lesson, especially for younger readers, but I don't think it's a problem that they changed that a bit in the movie. People can change from bad to good, and as I don't consider the minotaurs as animals and as sentient beings, why can they not change?
Well said, Xenithar.

When I used to play Dungeons and Dragons, my main character (named Copperfox--which was the FIRST use I ever made of the name) possessed a Lawful Good sword called Evangel, which had the power to change Evil-aligned intelligent beings into Good-aligned ones. Thus Copperfox only had to fight Evil creatures if they couldn't be changed; and he acquired a number of Gnolls and Kobolds as faithful followers. They were great spies, able to infiltrate Evil strongholds.