The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Stone Table > Christianity and Narnia

Notices

Christianity and Narnia The Allegory of the Chronicles of Narnia (Religion and Narnia Discussions)

Old 07-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

I believe what God was thinking, when He created people, was that it would be good to have some more beings to love. Since the Bible tells us God is love (1 John 4:8), I think probably He is always loving, even to the point of creating people to love. When He gave them free will, to choose an unwise path, I don't know what He was thinking, except perhaps He thought their love would be more genuine if they had a choice, to love Him or to reject Him? These are questions I think we cannot answer.

But as for why people make those unwise choices, and hurt other people, don't you suppose they, themselves, were hurt, and that pain short-circuited their own response mechanisms so that when they repeat the mistake and harm others, they don't realize they're doing it, and don't know any other way? Our First Parents handed us down a rotten sort of spiritual genetics, and if we do not know to let Christ transform us, how shall we do better?
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17
Dame Jax, the Just O.L. -- Officially Elected Dancing Lawn Mum

________
Read my Story Dragonfly Link to my Dragonfly website! Jaxys Dragonfly
Old 12-02-2011, 06:43 PM

Honza will become famous soon enough

Grace is beautiful. Peoples grace, Gods grace, Animals grace, the Worlds grace etc.

Grace is apparent throughout the Narnia Chronicles. They are just overflowing with GRACE! lol.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Beloved Disciple

inkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really niceinkspot is just really nice

hey thanks for reviving the thread!

i am a big fan of grace, too!

and welcome to TDL
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.... 2 Corinthians 5:17

________
Old 12-05-2011, 08:56 PM

littlemanpoet is on a distinguished road

Yesterday in church we were in the middle of praise and worship (singing) and the leaders quieted as the pastor stood up and started naming ailments and diseases and declaring them gone. This has happened many times before, and I have sometimes been skeptical, other times been cheering.

This time he said that someone had ringing in the ears, and that in Jesus' name it was gone.

It was my ears. My hearing was damaged 14 or so years ago by a loud machine at work - I didn't know enough to wear hearing protection - and I lost the ability to hear birdsong and it was very hard to hear people talking in restaurants and other crowded rooms.

I can hear those things again! I had asked for this a few times before, but yesterday I wasn't even expecting it! In the late afternoon, as I woke from a nap, I noticed again that the ringing was gone, and whispered "Thank you" to God. Deep in my mind I heard, "I love you."

Amazing grace.

Edit: Hmmm... 'twould seem I should have read the Sticky first. I am somewhat embarrassed.

So is it possible for me to relate this in some way to Narnia without it seeming contrived? Perhaps not. So I will contrive and hope it comes off.

My experience of grace is akin to that of Lucy and Susan, I suppose, who thought they had lost Aslan for good. And completely unexpected by them (but completely in accord with the Deepest Law), it was inevitable, for so it had been planned ever since the Green Witch had brought evil into Narnia. Amazing grace. Amazing to us, because our sight is limited. But completely within the bounds of reality, both in Narnia and this world.

Sigh. I suppose that was somewhat contrived, but now maybe this post may stand.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 12-05-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Beloved Disciple

You don't have to relate it to Narnia, I am just excited to hear about what God is doing in your life! That is awesome! I am so thrilled to hear this (as it were). God is amazing.

________
Old 12-06-2011, 04:06 AM
Perelandrian

Benisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really niceBenisse is just really nice

rejoicing with you, LMpoet!
What a joy to hear birdsong again and voices even in a noisy room!!

Xin Yesu... Xiang Yesu
Believe Jesus... Be like Jesus

Old 12-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to allCopperfox is a name known to all

Yes, Poet, I'm refreshed and uplifted by your report of healing. However much God recommends believing without seeing, He Himself realizes that it _isn't_ easy to go on always and only "believing because I said so," without _ever_ seeing anything _happen_ to confirm it. Therefore He _did_ provide miracles in Scripture--and I mean _actual_ supernatural events, not _only_ telling us to say "everything is a miracle" (for if everything is a miracle, nothing is). And from time to time, He _still_ does so.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Beloved Disciple

I read about a young woman, I believe she was the first deaf Miss America or Miss USA, who later had cochlear implants that had the potential to restore her hearing. The implants worked gradually, so that she would not all of a sudden be bombarded with a lot of NOISE after a lifetime of deafness. She told about the first sound she actually heard, a few days after the implant. It was the sound of water swishing down her sink as she brushed her teeth. She described the gentle gurgle of the water with such delight! It made me realize, we often fail to look for the beauty in little things. Who ever thinks about the water in the sink sounding beautiful as it drains? But to her, it sounded as lovely as a babbling brook ...

Just saying -- hearing is a gift, and we can use it to discover beauty even in very commonplace things.

________
Old 12-06-2011, 01:06 PM

littlemanpoet is on a distinguished road

Feel free to call me LMP or Elempi. Lots of folks do.

Today the pager at work was clear as a bell (even with noise reduction buds in my ears!) instead of like an adult in a Charlie Brown special. God doesn't change. He still loves, heals, and saves, and transforms us.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Beloved Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Feel free to call me LMP or Elempi. Lots of folks do.

Today the pager at work was clear as a bell (even with noise reduction buds in my ears!) instead of like an adult in a Charlie Brown special. God doesn't change. He still loves, heals, and saves, and transforms us.
** Searching for my LIKE button **

________