The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans > The Lantern Waste > The Dawn Treader

The Dawn Treader Role Playing in the Land of Narnia

Old 04-30-2010, 01:43 PM

Simetra is an unknown quantity at this point

Larken could be my centaur's lady-in-waiting if she wanted.

This beautiful signature courtesy of the illustrious Inkling.

Und das licht scheint in die Finsternis und die Finsternis hats nicht ergriffen.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:58 PM

Location: In my own little world, in the land of my imagination.
Lil Princess is an unknown quantity at this point

I just want to say how valiantly I think our RP mods persevered in their duties as they juggle real life and RP.

*Cheers!*
Old 07-24-2013, 10:24 PM

Adjourning here to discuss how to proceed with the Rpg and battle and like Questions.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of light

Something we might do with Zamron versus Marius would be to make a list of possible outcomes, like this:

1) Zamron gets slaughtered, Marius is unhurt; end of story.

2) Zamron dies, but not without injuring Marius; Lucy, however, heals Marius.

3) The duel is inconclusive, because Zamron sees he is about to be surrounded by Aslan's army, so he runs away.

4) Marius loses, but then Aslan slays Zamron.

5) Zamron wins outright, and escapes.

Then, BEFORE anything is posted publicly, we work out how to "play" the fight. Only when the actual outcome has been decided do we write anything visible to the general membership. Then Corin and Princess both do their best to write their posts dramatically, leading up to the conclusion.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:12 PM

Also we might (at least in our minds) make a list of things that might prove as factors.

1. Marius has been a statue for a sometime (I suppose this depends on a persons take on what happens while a Narnian is as a statue)

2. He is still rather young and fit yet, though not like a adolescent he was a father.

3. Being un-stoned and breathed on by Aslan, as well knowing his children (well not really children anymore) are alive yet in the battle I think would give him a new sort of vigor.

Also depending would be Zamron's weight/force behind his wielding his weapon, skill, ability, tiredness from the battle or anything else Corin or Copperfox thinks would happen.

I am willing for Marius to take some hurt. It wouldn't be fair I think, if I kept him from harm. (I know in the movie, in the extended battle scene General Ottman forces Oreius against a rock formation, while Oreius is still galloping and vise versa.) But I think that we should each control (how/whether) our own characters are wounded. However Copperfox suggested a dice and that could possibly be the easiest way.

Last edited by Lil Princess; 07-25-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Friend of Narnia

Copperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of lightCopperfox is a glorious beacon of light

People always have a stake in characters they play, even if the characters are NOT anyone they would want to MEET in a million years. I wish ~Lava~ would show herself now and offer to adjudicate a combat.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:51 PM

CORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura aboutCORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura about

To Copperfox's list could be added the situation if, having been wounded, either party were to surrender? However, thinking about it, and knowing the situation and personality of the characters involved, this is probably very unlikely. Another consideration might be how fair Marius and Zamron conduct the fight. Marius, as a follower of Aslan would have a moral code to follow, whereas the Jadisite Zamron would have no such scruples and be quite prepared to use 'dirty tricks'.

[Lil Princess;2161007] Marius has been a statue for a sometime (I suppose this depends on a persons take on what happens while a Narnian is as a statue)[/QUOTE]

Might Marius possibly be at a slight disadvantage therefore, as he would be out of practice? I don't know, just a suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperfox View Post
People always have a stake in characters they play, even if the characters are NOT anyone they would want to MEET in a million years. I wish ~Lava~ would show herself now and offer to adjudicate a combat.
That is very true, as I have developed the character of Zamron over the period of this game. However, even if minotaurs really did exist, which obviously they don't, there is no way I'd want to meet Zamron in real life, or anyone like him! As much as I am enjoying playing the character, I would be the first to admit that he is totally vile, and utterly repulsive!

If Lava were able to adjudicate, it would solve matters!

Last edited by CORIN THUNDERFIST II; 07-26-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Friend of Narnia

For Marius, NO time passed while he was petrified, so he would not have forgotten his abilities. Nor would Aslan's breath fail to restore the Centaur's FULL strength.

The option of surrender might actually help things a lot. Marius clearly can't be made to surrender in any lasting sense, because Aslan might pop up any moment, whereupon Zamron would be toast. But Aslan, BEING ONE AND THE SAME PERSON as the Biblical Jesus, is capable of mercy, so it would be reasonable for Him to accept a surrender. This would let the duel be fought in earnest, while STILL giving both combatants an "escape clause."

>> If Marius gets creamed, Lucy could heal him before the life QUITE leaves his body.

>> If Zamron gets creamed, we could say that he doesn't get killed, but is disabled and forced to plead for mercy. Since I've already said that this roleplay could continue into the "Adult Pevensies" period, Zamron could LATER make a jailbreak.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:26 AM

CORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura aboutCORIN THUNDERFIST II has a spectacular aura about

When the idea of a rumble between Zamron and Marius was first proposed, I assumed it would simply be a case of a fight to the death. However, clearly the possibilities are endless!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Friend of Narnia

IN THE CHARACTERS' OWN MINDS as they go into this, it still is a fight to the death.