Welcome to the DLF Cafe

Actually, you were the one who suggested that. Are you insulting your own vegetable products, now?

The ruthlessness needs to stop. Duffers are supposed to be highly moral people, just ask Derny.

I'm afraid the definition of "moral"... none too clear to duffers... unless the encyclopedia provided... but the demands on my time... and my blistered feet...

Fine, here. I'm only supposed to be studying for my comprehensive exams, which I have to pass to graduate. Obviously I ought to be doing things that will be of a larger cultural benefit to the human race....

Thank you, that was most interesting and thorough! My feet are all better now, but since you've already written the article... Well, I'm sure if your exams are even remotely comprehensive, there is going to be a question on duffer morality in there.

Nope, just on things like which American historians of the American Revolution don't like how the war turned out. Possibly on the ethicality of using schools to Americanize the American population, because we were copying Germans at the time....

Me: *raises hand obnoxiously into Glen's face* Miss! I have a question, Miss!

Glen: Yes, Freckles?

Me: Can you wake me up for the break? *puts head on desk* *snores*

NO! I do not let students sleep in my classroom! *knocks over Freckles' desk and sprays whipped cream over the wreckage* NOW you know how Napoleon felt when he got sent to St. Helena!

Wrong. He did not feel guilty.

You should study your nephew more, and then you would understand Napoleon's mindset.

I have more than one nephew, so I don't know which mindset is the right one.

Is it, "I know every fact about every sea creature and am not afraid to reel them off to my aunt at every opportunity"?

Or is it, "I'm too cool for all this but please let's dress up as knights and play with my castle"?

Or is it, "Mommy is the best, you shall have no other people besides mommy"?

Or is it, "I love my brother, but when he goes on about sea creatures too much, I will go off and secretly play with his things"?

Or is it, "Life is not worth living unless you can be moving around every second of the day"?

Or is it, ... Actually, I don't know. We haven't met yet.

Or is it, "I'm not sure if I'm going to be a boy or a girl, but it doesn't matter because I can spin around and sleep upside down."

That's a lot of nephews. Also, the unborn one has a great attitude about life. Spinning around is too often ignored as a vital part of eudaimonia.

But actually, the nephew who will help you understand Napoleon is the one whose life philosophy states, "I love my brother, but when he goes on about sea creatures too much, I will go off and secretly play with his things."

But I suppose that means that you don't need your nephew to understand Napoleon, because you basically are Napoleon? How's the Isle of Elba, by the way?

I am NOT Napoleon. I don't even have the uniform and the hat, though I wish I did.

Elba is rocky, Italian, and well-known for its wine, according to Wikipedia. Why are you asking?

Back