Favorite Lord of the Rings song

What's your fave Lord of the Rings song? From either the soundtrack, the books...or both. Like "Into the West" and the song the elves sang when Bilbo and co entered Rivendell.:D

My fave LotR soundtracks: "May it Be","Into the West","Gollum's Song","Isengard Unleashed" and "The Steward of Gondor" :D

Fave songs from the books: The afore mentioned song the elves sang when Bilbo and co came to Rivendell, and Pippin's from RotK. Probably a few others I've forgetten, I'll put 'em up later. Discuss and enjoy.

I like "May it be", "Into the West", "PIPPIN'S SONG!!!" and "Aniron", the song entirely in elvish that plays under Arwen and Aragorn's first kiss in the first movie. I love "Into the West", but I'm not crazy about the singer. I went to a Lord of the Rings concert, and they had a totally amazing singer singing "Into the West." She was tons better than the person on the actual soundtrack. It really brought tears to my eyes, and it does when I hear it on the soundtrack too. I also am totally in love with Pippin's song, he sings it so amazingly well, and I got to hear him sing it in person at the concert too. It was so totally unforgettable, he sings it so well, and it has perfect timing in the movie. I think that might win as best song in the movie. I also love Eowyn's song in the extended edition, as well as Arwen's song. I have most of them memorized. I am a Lord of the Rings geek and a LOTR music freak! And I'm lovin it! :D ;) Howard Shore is a brilliant composer. His musical themes are the stuff of legends. I love the Rohan theme and hobbit theme, and Gondor theme, and of course the Fellowship Theme. They're all so great!

My favorite song from the book is Sam's song in the middle of Mordor. I made up a tune to it, (And a couple others from the book). It's the one that goes:

In Western Lands beneath the sun, the flowers may rise in spring,
the trees may bud, the water's run, the merry finches sing
Or there maybe tis cloudless night, and swaying beaches bear,
the elven stars as jewels white amid thier branching hair.

Though here at journey's end I lie, in darkness buried deep,
beyond all towers strong and high, beyond all mountains steep,
above all shadows rides the sun, and stars forever dwell
I will not say the day is done, or bid the stars farewell​

(Yes, that was all written from memory. ;) I love that song because it sums up what Sam is all about, and what he's thinking and hoping at one of his darkest moment, when he thinks Frodo has been killed by orcs, and it's his fault. I also love the Troll song, Gilgalad, and the Ode to Boromir sung by Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. I have too many to name, so I'll stop while I'm still not too excited so I'll stay sane... Hopefully... :D

Last edited:
I like "May it be", "Into the West", "PIPPIN'S SONG!!!" and "Aniron", the song entirely in elvish that plays under Arwen and Aragorn's first kiss in the first movie. I love "Into the West", but I'm not crazy about the singer. I went to a Lord of the Rings concert, and they had a totally amazing singer singing "Into the West." She was tons better than the person on the actual soundtrack. It really brought tears to my eyes, and it does when I hear it on the soundtrack too. I also am totally in love with Pippin's song, he sings it so amazingly well, and I got to hear him sing it in person at the concert too. It was so totally unforgettable, he sings it so well, and it has perfect timing in the movie. I think that might win as best song in the movie. I also love Eowyn's song in the extended edition, as well as Arwen's song. I have most of them memorized. I am a Lord of the Rings geek and a LOTR music freak! And I'm lovin it! :D :p ;) Howard Shore is a brilliant composer. His musical themes are the stuff of legends. I love the Rohan theme and hobbit theme, and Gondor theme, and of course the Fellowship Theme. They're all so great!

YES! I don't see Anarion on any of the soundtracks...o_O Is it on there? I also have a LotR soundtrack(all three) performed by Mask,so it sounds kinda different...I think they skipped the lyrics in a couple of songs...can't remember which ones though.

If you have the original LOTR soundtracks, you will miss some songs, but one advice: Try to find the 4 disc cd soundtrack of each movie. Every year they release a 4 disc movie soundtrack. I bought FOTR and there the drinkin song and all songs in the movies are on it. TTT is released earlier last year and ROTK will be released this year and there Arwen's song will also be on it. The song Liv Tyler was singing when you saw the scene of the house of healing.

I like May it be, Concerning hobbits, Breaking of the fellowship, Grey havens, Into the west, Steward of Gondor, Arwen's song and I believe it was the bridge of Khazad dum when you hear the voice singing while Gandalf was falling. Breaking of the fellowship is my favorite song.

um i have already said on the soundtrack thread lol. i wont repeat. but they are basicly the ones vanessa mentioned.

Concerning Hobbits,May It Be,and any songs with the Hobbits,and the Evenstar melody.:)

the Evenstar melody.:)
:)

I second that. Ditto for any song involving Elvish. I've always been impressed that Tolkien, as a linguistics prof, actually came up with a language that follows all the rules. I definitely couldn't do it.

If you have the original LOTR soundtracks, you will miss some songs, but one advice: Try to find the 4 disc cd soundtrack of each movie. Every year they release a 4 disc movie soundtrack. I bought FOTR and there the drinkin song and all songs in the movies are on it. TTT is released earlier last year and ROTK will be released this year and there Arwen's song will also be on it. The song Liv Tyler was singing when you saw the scene of the house of healing.

I like May it be, Concerning hobbits, Breaking of the fellowship, Grey havens, Into the west, Steward of Gondor, Arwen's song and I believe it was the bridge of Khazad dum when you hear the voice singing while Gandalf was falling. Breaking of the fellowship is my favorite song.

DADBURNIT!>.< I think I vill haff to get the four diskies...:D

Another two faves of mine are Lothlorien and the Lament of Gandalf.:D

Last edited:
Wow... so many LOTR geeks and no one mentions "Blind Guardian - The lord of the rings"??? Guys.. That's the song that brings me into the LOTR world for sure. It was also made years before the LOTR movies came (Which I think is basicly a good thing.)

it will prolly always be my fav. i feel sorry for who ever marries me and any future children. they will have to learn to either put up with it or learn to love it. :rolleyes:

There are many couples on the LOTR boards who are married and their spouses don't like LOTR, but they accepted it. I love LOTR and my stuff is not going to leave my house!

Back