What are you reading II

Merlin's Blade, by Robert Treskillard.

It's the story of Merlin, but it's in a Christian setting, where Merlin is on the Christian side and trying to stop the people of his village from worshiping a powerful Druid Stone that glows blue and shoots fire. Everyone who sees the stone falls prey to its spell (except the monks), but 18-year-old Merlin is half blind and thus 95% immune. It's a very interesting book and I'm enjoying it a great deal.

Star Wars: The Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse.

Honestly, the 'Fate of the Jedi' series is a little too mystical for me. I like my Star Wars to be more action-packed. And why won't Vestara Khai just be good!? She would be an awesome Jedi and needs to stop being a Sith! AGH!

Also, I just finished reading a webcomic called 'Girl Genius'. The main character is now my avatar and there's a quote in my siggy.

I'm working my way through The Fortune Hunter by Daisy Goodwin. Not too far into it yet and I don't know anything about the author but it's good so far. I get a bit of a Pride and Prejudice vibe but not quite so wordy. ;) I enjoy historical fiction so I think I will like it.

Reviving this thread a bit.

I'm currently reading Lone Star Brides by Tracie Peterson. It's a trilogy-in-one that my mom gave me. I usually don't read these because they're all the same, but it's something to read.

I just finished "House Rules" by Jodi Picoult. I love her novels and have yet to read one that I DIDN'T love. Trying to decide which one to read next, either another Jodi Picoult (maybe "Nineteen Minutes" or "Leaving Time"), or trying out the "Odd Thomas" books by Dean Koontz.
I wanted to see the movie, which starred Anton Yelchin, who I really adored (I was devastated, absolutely gutted, when I heard about his death that Sunday in June, such a shock), but I prefer to read a book before I see the movie based on it...I dunno. I guess we'll see what I decide on the next time I'm at the library.

I just finished a really cute book called "Fangirl", author was Rainbow Rowell. It was this really sweet and real coming of age story about a girl in her first year of college, trying to find her identity, deal with her twin sister finding her own identity, the whole being away from home for the first time thing. It really rang true for me, reminded me quite a bit of my younger self (like myself when I first joined here 8 years ago!).

I'm rereading LotR. And reading the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. And some comic books.

About to start 'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn. Saw the film at the cinema, so as ever will be interesting to see how the book compares. :)

One of the lead actresses in that went to my alma mater and they were so excited about it when the movie came out.

The Atonement by Beverly Lewis. I'm still waiting on a book from another series of hers to arrive, and I've told myself to not buy any books (new, used, or otherwise) until I read all the unread ones on my virtual and physical bookshelves.

We'll see if I can keep this one this time. ;)

I just finished a really cute book called "Fangirl", author was Rainbow Rowell. It was this really sweet and real coming of age story about a girl in her first year of college, trying to find her identity, deal with her twin sister finding her own identity, the whole being away from home for the first time thing. It really rang true for me, reminded me quite a bit of my younger self (like myself when I first joined here 8 years ago!).

I read that one a couple of years ago. The wait list for it at the library was like, twenty people long, lol!

I am currently reading "Leaving Time" by Jodi Picoult. She's one of my favorite authors, but I will admit, with many of her books, I can predict what's going to happen because I have read so many of them and they often follow the same general path, when it comes to the characters, at least...but I'm really impressed with this one. It keeps me guessing all the time and I was up until five in the morning reading it last night!

She's one of my favorite authors, but I will admit, with many of her books, I can predict what's going to happen because I have read so many of them and they often follow the same general path...

Same for me with Beverly Lewis. I love her books, but after the 12th or 15th, they get kind of predictable with how they turn out. But I still buy her new books when they release! :)

I'm reading a book containing 5 novellas, by two different authors. Lone Star Romance or something. The first 2 books were by someone I didn't recognize and the books were not all that good. The other 3 are by Cathy Marie Hake, and are much better in terms of writing style. I'm only in book 1 of hers though.

Back