Votes: 1 0.7%
  • What books?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PrinceOfTheWest

Knight of the Stone Table
Royal Guard
Emeritus
A question arose in another thread as to what kind of Narnia fans we have here on the forum. A poll was suggested, but as always, a poll gives only a rough idea. There are nine options for you to choose the closest to your preference, but feel free to make a post to fully nuance your position.

For my part, I enjoyed Lion more than I did Caspian, but I don't think Caspian is a total loss. I'm mostly about the books, but enjoy the movies.

I enjoy the movies better than the books. The books are ok, but chances are I'll read 'em again in 20 years or more. :rolleyes:

books

The books were far better. But I have to say I enjoyed the movies they were very good.

I wonder what C.S. Lewis would think of the movies.

There are rare times when a movie outshines a book, but that didn't happen in the Narnia series. Even though the LWW movie inspired me to read the books, I still enjoy the books much more. The books can afford to be more subtle in certain ways that the movies can never hope to be.

MrBob

So, like, what you're telling me is that the four Pevensies write BOOKS? That's AWESOME! Like, do you think they'd autograph one for me? That would be SO COOL!

Mainly about the books, the movies have their good qualities (LWW especially) but I felt that there were some places where they fell far short of my expectations. Especially their portrayal of Aslan has been wanting. I won't say that the movies were bad but they fell short in many ways.

LWW was good. Prince Non-Caspian should have been titled "Adventures in Bizarro Narnia."

The 7 books in the series of The Chronicles of Narnia written by C.S. Lewis are what hold all that is Narnia. Anything else is just extra. They're attempts at copies or interpretations, but they're not the real deal. They can't be and that is known up front. There are times that people venture into the world of fanfiction which is even less desirable. Fanfiction in film is a disaster and that is partly what happened with PC. LWW did pretty well overall. I only had a few things with LWW that I would have changed.

For me there is no contest. The books win all the way. They always will because they are what contains Narnia. Films can be done, but the books will always be the real deal. I prefer the scripts of the BBC version and the production value of the newer films....but the books will still win over both.

BK I have another title for it..but I can't type it here. Maybe someday I'll tell you about it. Your title works for now. :)

I wonder what C.S. Lewis would think of the movies.

I was told after LWW came out that Lewis had never wanted the books made into movies. But then many people would never have known of them if the movies had not been made...like me.;)

I love the books better. I love LWW, especially the river scene.:D

PC was ok, not as good as LWW but still I liked it.;)

Mainly about the books, the movies have their good qualities (LWW especially) but I felt that there were some places where they fell far short of my expectations. Especially their portrayal of Aslan has been wanting. I won't say that the movies were bad but they fell short in many ways.
I agree with Lava. LWW movie was really enjoyable; I would have made minor changes. PC was just barely recognizable as the book (which I thought was too bad, although I enjoy the movie on its own).

Back