Forum Issues

I agree -- As you probably know, these functions were disabled last year when our site kept crashing.

Similarly I apologize for the glitches in Dancing Lawn recently. I too had struggles getting logged in until I was told to refresh the page after I had signed in. But I think some are having rather more difficulties, with changing profile pictures, have mail counters reset, and more. I will try to see what can be done by letting Specter know -- He did say last week though that he was going to try some modifications to help our site run more smoothly.

This forum doesn't seem to register me as properly logging me in. It said I last visited here on Jan 18 even though I visit here logged in every day. This means all messages posted after this date always appear as new to me.

MrBob

This forum doesn't seem to register me as properly logging me in. It said I last visited here on Jan 18 even though I visit here logged in every day. This means all messages posted after this date always appear as new to me.

MrBob

This is a problem I had. What device are you using? I had been using a Macbook to try to get onto TDL, to no avail, and now I'm using a Windows and it's working fine. Or at least, it seems to be. I haven't tried to log out and log back in, but it says I last visited on 1-20-2017, which is accurate as to when I last logged in/out.

I, too am experiencing forum strangenesses. On some forums, it shows I am not logged in. Often refreshing the page will fix this, but sometimes not. Some forum posts I made did not show up, even though it appeared they posted successfully. But later, often after one or more page refreshes, the posts will magically appear. The notifications account will be different on some pages. Clearing broowser cookies for the site doesn't seem to help. I also have seen the date/tme of last login not reflect my last login.

Is there a dufflepud loose in the server somewhere?

New problem. Old one mentioned previous is still in effect. I am using latest Google Chrome and now when I log into the forums or merely click on a new board here, it quickly changes to a new screen that says:

Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.

I can only prevent it going to that screen by quickly stopping the loading of the page.

MrBob

I have an issue saying I have a new message in my inbox from someone who wants a script opinion. I responded and I deleted the message. It also says I have 45 messages out of 50 allowed in my sent box so I delete that. I also deleted the message I responded to. I go someplace else and come back and again that inbox message is back in my inbox when I deleted it and I have the message saying I have 45 messages in my sentbox when I deleted them. :confused:

Sorry for the glitches, Lucy, Timba and others.
I seem to be experiencing similar weirdness. I will try to let Paul know your issues this weekend. Thanks for sticking with us through all the random dufflefails.
blessings, Bénisse

Sorry for the glitches, Lucy, Timba and others.
I seem to be experiencing similar weirdness. I will try to let Paul know your issues this weekend. Thanks for sticking with us through all the random dufflefails.
blessings, Bénisse

This place is one of my many second homes, I'll probably never leave unless you guys decide to shut this place down.

Something weird going on here..

So let's chat a bit about security.

I know a great deal about software engineering, been in this field for ten years.

When I logged onto the site just now, I couldn't help but notice that firefox was giving me the "this login is insecure" on the login and password fields. This means your passwords here are being sent in clear, plaintext. That's not good at all and presents a serious risk. In the next few months to year, that warning will start appearing on chrome, edge, and other browsers, and will eventually _NOT_ allow things to be sent. Meaning, eventually if this is not remedied, we will not be able to log into this forum.

And then, when I did log in, I got to see that I was logged in as Copperfox. Now, I'm not a nosy person, but I was curious how far this goes, so I can say that I definitely saw PMs to and from Copperfox. And conversations, and the whole nine yards. That's also concerning, something is very seriously wrong here.

Just some things I noticed since I hadn't been here for awhile.

Pardine

So, this is kind of a funny one, but when I click the generic site link (http://www.narniafans.com/forum/index.php) to check on if the forums have been updated I suddenly become a different user?

At first it said I was Copperfox, then it said I was Pardine. When I click a link to anywhere on the site, however, it switches back to saying I'm Mozart.

As proof, here are a couple screenshots. You can see my tabs up at the top:

I also have that issue. Also, when I try to post something it says I need to log in so I do that and it shows my username in the corner but has the log in screen with username and password even though it says I'm logged in. I had navigate away from that page and it finally worked. The different username thing had me really confused and at first I thought I was the only one. :p

I'm logged in as Mozart the Meerkitten on the front page, and able to see Lady Narnia's private messages.

This is kind of a big deal that needs to be rectified. Like, right now.

I am very concerned and have notified Specter, who owns this site that somehow our accounts are getting really mixed up. Change your passwords if you can and as soon as Specter gets back to me I will post in this thread to give an all clear -- hopefully sooner rather than later. I am so sorry this glitch is happening :(
Benisse

Hey, Pardine! Would you be up to giving me a hand with researching this, how to fix it, ssl and the like? I would be able to pay you for your help. We may want to move servers for the forum to a different host as well, and I'm open to suggestions. This would probably be the time to move the forum to something like narniaforums.com or narniaforum.com (I have both). Let me know if you're up for it!

Hey everyone! We are aware of issues with the forum and we're in the midst of working on fixing them.

If anyone is willing to lend a hand, please e-mail us and tell us what your skills are that you can contribute.

One concept that I have is moving the forum to its' own server (if you have a host that you know would be good for this kind of forum, do suggest it).

It would be at it's own url, like NarniaForums.com or NarniaForum.com then (we have both, so it's just a matter of what people like).

A lot of people are experiencing these glitches, such as logging in and seeing someone else's name up. I don't know if the website has been hacked because it seems to be numerous glitches occurring. But, we as a community have been updating the mods in the section called Forum Issues when glitches occur so they definitely know about them. I understand your concern for security, but these glitches aren't the fault of the MODS here, because this place has been very safe for a very long time and something has suddenly broken through. But, the MODS are working on whatever is going on.

I have been having the same problem, any time I come to the forum home I am already logged in as Specter! If I try to go to my User CP I am briefly shown Captain Holly's before it forces me to a security page saying I need to inform an admin.

By going to a page in the forum I am shown as logged in as myself, but I don't know if this will even post. Hope this gets fixed!

I was also having this problem. On accessing the forum I was logged on as Specter. I was under my own user name on specific parts of the forum but was logged on as Captian Holly on my User CP.

I requested a password reset and after logging out and logging in again this seems to have resolved the issue. Hopefully this has now been sorted out

Back