Who is your favorite character in this book?

Favorite character in MN

• Digory

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Polly

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Uncle Andrew

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Aunt Lettie (is that her name?! I forgot) Digs' Aunt

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Jadis

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Frank the Cabbie/Helen the Mrs.

• Strawberry/Fledge

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • The Jackdaw/the first joke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aslan

• Digory's Mum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I added a poll and voted for Strawberry. I like the horse because he was a cranky old hansom-pulling horse in London, then he was transformed to the father of all flying horses in Narnia. I like Frank and Helen, too. They seem nice.
:)

isnt "digory" spelt with 1 G? and the first joke was a Jackdaw. :D

It was hard to choose between Digory and Polly. I liked them both. and Fledge was kool

Hhhmm, I am not sure. I loved Digory and Polly. They made me smile and laugh, and I also like Aslan (of course! Why wouldn't I?). The horse (fledge is its name?) was pretty cool too. I couldn't stand digory's uncle. He made me angry and ticked off. lol.

I liked Aslan, he's just good. Wild, but good.
And I thought Frank the Cabby was really nice and noble. He's my favourite character in the book, pure and good, despite him living in a city where people aren't that 'real' anymore, just roles they're playing. I liked him being his good self.

I chose Polly, but for me, Digory and Polly were so intertwined that it is hard to pick between them. In fact, they remain my favorite couple.

MrBob

Oh Frank the Cabbie!!! He's so awsome. Like how he started singing that hymn when they first got into narnia...and his accent is the coolest! :p

I'd have to say Digory. Because he is only human and has many human traits. But he is very good and vulnerable at heart.

Jadis

I just adore Jadis in Magician's Nephew. She is so camp and over the top.

She is a character who is hilarious by virtue of her complete lack of humour.

The illustrations of her are quite delightful to look at.

I don't like Diggory's uncle in terms of feeling well disposed towards him, but he's the best characterisation to my mind. He is "meddle not in the affairs of wizards" personified... I think his flaw is that his better desire (knowledge) is tempered by a desire for personal greatness which undermines the moral foundations for what he is attempting. That makes him actually a surprisingly nuanced character whereas the protagonists, and Jadis as primary antagonist even more so, are a touch bland.

I like Polly because she was gifted both with common sense, and the grace to use it. For example she knew when to try to intervene (tried to stop Digory from striking the bell) and when to NOT intervene (did not enter into Digory and Jadis' discussion in the Garden beyond Narnia)...

Mine is Digory, because of his personality and that his choices have endless ripples or ramifications for the rest of the Narnian Chronicles. It he hadn't encouraged Polly to venture up in attics and fall into Uncle Andrew's study they would likely have never gotten the magic rings and gone to the Wood Between The Worlds and thus never to Charn and of course never to Narnia. In turn the Wardrobe would have never been built, and Lucy never would have stumbled into Narnia. Digory is major piece of the cause an effect phenominon. Granted the counter arugment would be that the Pevensies would have stumbled into Narnia eventually, but how? I suppose maybe the magical rings would have been passed down, but then you could theorize that Uncle Andrew would have never used them (being too much of coward) and probably just have left them in box hidden amongst his stuff. Aunty Letty probably would have thrown them away and thus the portal to the other worlds closed. Although again, the Pevensies get to Narnia twice without rings, so then it is possible Aslan could have just called them there through another medium. Which then would support presdestination, that they were meant to get there no matter what. Whoops, I might have philosophized too much. :D

I like Polly because she was gifted both with common sense, and the grace to use it. For example she knew when to try to intervene (tried to stop Digory from striking the bell) and when to NOT intervene (did not enter into Digory and Jadis' discussion in the Garden beyond Narnia)...
Well said! I always saw Polly as the exact opposite of Jill. While both a rather adventurous and a wee bit temperamental, Polly seems to be more common sense oriented, while Polly is the rebel.

I like Digory best. I can't imagine how good you'd have to be to ignore the apple that would save your mother's life, and trust you may or may not get it anyway.
Also grown-up (the Professor) he's still completely awesome.:D

I have to say Digory is my favorite character. Next to him would be his uncle Andrew of course! Yes I know it may sound a little strange but he makes me laugh.:p

Back