"The Story of Clove." A "Hunger Games"fan-fic written by me.

The lights clicked on at that moment. Clove looked all around her, and the look of the room was making her sick. There were nothing but white walls all around her, and the room was round like a clock. To Clove's right was the door and on the inside it wasn't purple at all. But a dull looking brown. Clove tried to sit herself up, but her hands seemed to be tied down.

"Why are my hands like this?", she asked her mother.
"They didn't think it was safe to leave you like this without restraints incase you wanted to escape, hurt someone, or yourself", replied her mother.

"Oh? They were smart then. Because I do want to hurt people. I want to hurt you, and the government who tries to control us, and throw us into battle. You're the one who sent me here, and look what it's doing to me! I'm your daughter, for God's Sake", said Clove.

Her mother backed away from her in alarm. She didn't know what to do. Clove has always been feisty and tempermental ever since she was a toddler. She would throw fits, and get easily upset over little things. Seeing death also didn't bother Clove. She saw her grandfather choke on his lunch during a family get together, and just sat there in fascination watching his body jerk as he died. Her mother thought that these qualities would be a good "Career Tribute" for the games. She never would've believed that Clove wouldn't accept her position in life, and the life of District 2.

"It's all for the better, dear", said her mother.

"I want you to make me proud. To honor our family, and District. You're father would've been proud, and would've wanted you to become a tribute, too.

The mention of her father made Clove soften a bit.

"I just wish it was I who got to choose my own faith, instead of you. I see what I have to do now. It's not going to be easy. But I will become the most lethal killing person in all of Panem."

A wide smile spread across her mother's face. She lunged out of the room. And for those seconds Clove was happy to be alone. Before Clove knew it, her mother had returned with two of the guys in white outfits. They took the bindings off of Cloves wrist.

"I'm getting set free?", asked Clove.

"Yes you are dear. I told them that you figured out your position to District 2. And that you would honor us beyond anything by training for the Games."

Several years have passed, and it was now Cloves 15th birthday. Her mother was glowing brightly and proud of her daughter. Her mother was also trying not to think about the Reaping happening in a week. Clove walked into the room not nervous at all. Gone was the little girl who was frightened of killing. Clove had become skilled with knives during her practice sessions at the Career's training center.

"Happy Birthday Sweetheart! I've got you a nice dress to wear to the reaping, and also a very special weapon to use incase your chosen."

Clove opened the wrapping around the dress, and saw that it was pitch black, and she squealed in delightful joy and hugged her mother. Clove started to pick up the other package which was light, and whatever was inside felt curved. It also felt like it had a handle. She took the wrapping off of the second package, and saw a gleaming silver knife with a brown handle. It was beautiful and new. The happiness glowed in Clove's eyes, and she hugged her mom so much at that moment.

It's nice. Although, I thought the career tributes waited until they were eighteen to volunteer?

Oh, and thanks for deciding to use my banner! I am totally honored and I am glad you like it!

It's nice. Although, I thought the career tributes waited until they were eighteen to volunteer?

Oh, and thanks for deciding to use my banner! I am totally honored and I am glad you like it!

You're welcome. I read somewhere that Clove was 15 when she went into The Hunger Games. So I chose that age for her. I'm glad that your liking my story. I will read more of yours sometime. I'm just busy with my final essay due tomorrow!

You're welcome. I read somewhere that Clove was 15 when she went into The Hunger Games. So I chose that age for her. I'm glad that your liking my story. I will read more of yours sometime. I'm just busy with my final essay due tomorrow!

That's okay! And thanks for reading mine. I am homeschooled so I don't have to worry about a huge amount of final essays most of the time. But I totally understand being busy!

The time had come. Clove was standing in the square of District 2 along with the thousand other residents, including her mom. Who was by her side at the moment. She saw Cato and thought he looked quite handsome, because she hasn't seen him for such a long time. There was a big bowl that resembled one that a goldfish would live in, and it was full of folded white sheets of paper. A big man who had to be about 6 feet tall walked to the bowl, slid his large hands into and pulled out the first piece of paper.

He looked around at the people in the square, and an evil grin was set across his face. The man moved forward to a silver microphone and begin to open his mouth.

"The girl tribute for the 74th Hunger Games is Clove Merryweather."

Clove wandered up to the stage. She mounted the blue flecked steps, and walked up to the microphone as the tall man held it towards her. She looked both happy and scared, and then the tall man's voice boomed out right next to her.

"So, young lady. What do you have to say about being chosen for the girl tribute of District 2?"

"I would just like to say that I hope I make our district proud, and come out victorious."

"Very well said, dear. Now off you go backstage. Now it's time to choose the name of the boy tribute."

The man dug his hand around in the bowl with the boys names in it. He seemed to run his hand through three times before he finally pulled out a slip of white paper, and opened his mouth again.

"The boy tribute from District 2 is Cato Jackson."

Cato began to walk up towards the steps that Clove had previously walked on. He had a cocky and sure look about it, and the look on his face alone, told everyone he was proud to be chosen.

Nicely done. Except for a few spots, your tenses were wrong. Like "she hasnt seen him for a long time" probably should have been "she hadnt seen him for a long time"!

Clove teamed up with Cato and some of the other tributes. They were scouring the woods for one's that weren't on their team. Especially Katniss.

"Why do we have to have the blond boy on our team?, asked Cato."

"Because he will lead us to her. I want her dead. I want to win this thing, and make our district proud. So she can beat me in points during a training session. She's not going to beat me here. Not in something I have been training for most of my life., said Clove."

"So you don't want her to go back to District 12?, asked Peeta."

"Oh. She'll be going back alright. But it will be in a body bag."

Peeta didn't like Cloves harsh tones, or the fact that she was talking about killing the woman he loves without a hint of remorse. He also got the feeling that Clove was a little jealous of Katniss, because she wasn't a career tribute, and was still able to out score her. Peeta was teaming up with these sadistic people just so he could have a chance at protecting Katniss.

Clove was with Cato now,and they were noticing fires off in the distance.

"I will go, Cato said." "I want you to be safe, Clove.I can't lose you."

Clove looked back at him, and saw that he was serious. There was a longing for her from him that Clove never knew he felt that way. Her main thing now was to stay alive for him. She spotted movement from the right side of the field. The Capitol called them out for a battle, but also to get what was in the bag. Clove didn't really care about the bag. She just wanted Katniss to show up and to kill her. Clove was moving forward but retreated when she saw it was just the redheaded girl from District 5. No need to worry about her. Clove was staying safe, and just itching to go after one person. And at that moment Katniss showed up.

Clove was ecstatic with sadistic joy. This was her one chance to end this girl from District 12 once, and for all. Clove hopped out of her hiding place, and jumped after Katniss knocking her to the ground. Clove had a knife held to Katniss's face.

"Hi, there. Do you really think it was going to be that easy? You will never get away from me. You're all alone. I'm going to kill you tonight, District 12. Where's Lover Boy? Does he still love you? Will he love you when you no longer have a pretty face?"

Clove had the blade of her knife pressed against Katniss's lips.

"I will cut that pretty mouth of yours. Let's see if Lover Boy can kiss you then?"

Katniss was trying to put up a fight, but Clove was still pinning her down.

"Forget it, District 12. We're going to kill you. Just like we did with your pathetic little ally.Or should I say shadow?...what was her name? The one who hopped around in trees? Rue? Well first Rue, then you, and then I think we'll just let nature take care of Lover Boy. How does that sound?"

Just as Clove said this words, she felt two gigantic hands grip her and pull off of the ground.

"What did you say?"

Clove was raised high up in the air. She was terrified. She started screaming out Cato's name.

"I heard you. You killed Rue. And now your trying to kill this girl? What is wrong with you?"

Clove felt her back being slammed into the back of the Cornucopia. She felt a surge of uncomfortable pain go into her body.

"Cato! Cato, she screamed."

There was no answer. Maybe he was too far away to hear her. She kept being embodied with pain, because the guy kept slamming her repeatedly against the Cornucopia. She saw the big hands coming towards her, but that wasn't all. There was also a stone present, and it went straight towards her face, and that was the last thing Clove remembered seeing.

Clove awoke, and thought she escaped death. But this wasn't the green grass or trees she was surrounded by before. There was nothing but puffy curly white objects around her, and from what she could tell they were very light. A bright light appeared out of nowhere. Memories were playing before Cloves eyes. She saw things that she hadn't seen in years. It was all too much for her. She started to break down and cry. She figured out this is where you go when you die. Clove felt an arm place itself on her shoulder. A man with a long white beard and a booming voice spoke:

"Come my child. Tarry not. We do not punish one's soul here."

"Where am I?, Clove asked."

"You're in the tunnel to the land beyond. It's a most glorious place."

"But I thought you had to be sin free to get in?"

"The Almighty doesn't leave one out in the cold. It's a transformation everyone goes through when the time comes."

"So this is what it's like? There aren't any long lines, are there?"

"No,child. Everyone is able to go through when they are ready. Just be sure you are, because once you pass, there is no going back."

Clove was sure she was ready, and an image of her body all bloodied and bruised came before her. She nodded, and the old man showed her the way. Clove walked through and a peace came over her. Her grandparents we're there. Tears started to drop from her eyes. Her body may be a shell now, but she was whole and pure here. She started to confess that she was shower for all the hurt she had done.

"We know, Grandaughter.It is alright now. We forgive you. The Capitol is partly to blame, because they forced this upon people."

Clove was happy to see her grandfather smiling before her. And she saw sitting in a chair a man with a brown beard, and her got up and started to speak.

"Clove you are loved and safe in the "House of God" now. No harm can come to you here. You have repaid yourself, and claimed your purity by going through your whole life in the tunnel. Now it is time to be alive eternally."

Clove held out her hand, and began to cry. She was so happy that she couldn't fully comprehend why. There was no fear here. No death. No war. No crime. Just love. It may be the end of Clove's Earthly life. But her eternal one has just begun.

More! More! More! But, you should work on punctuation a bit. And your tenses were getting mixed a little again. But I really love the story!!!

Thanks for the feedback. I need to work on getting things correct. But we learn all the time, and hopefully my full stories will be better once I get published. I have seen where I can improve. It's all about learning, and I will become better at it.

Back