Forum Issues

Aravis Kenobi

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I've been having TONS of trouble getting into the forum at all times of the day, every day. In fact, if this message is posted it'll be amazing because every other time I come on, it gives me the "server is too busy" message when I know that the times I get on aren't peak forum times.

Anybody else having the same issues, and if so what can be done about it?

The only thing that we can do is wait it out. It's because the movie just came out and the site is INSANELY POPULAR. It would cost me too much to get another server and mirror it, but I am thinking of moving the forum to a separate server (though that would require a different domain name for the forum, which wouldn't be too bad).

It's really because there are a LOT of people coming here, constantly. The facebook community has swelled by about 200,000 in the last week.

At first, when I started getting busy server messages, I panicked, thinking that all the games I like would have a zillion new posts next time I was able to get on. Then I realized that everyone else has the same problem, and can't post either. :eek:

At first, when I started getting busy server messages, I panicked, thinking that all the games I like would have a zillion new posts next time I was able to get on. Then I realized that everyone else has the same problem, and can't post either. :eek:
LOL - glad you realized this and didn't panic.

hang in there all you TDL "regulars." Things will settle down, and we'll all be able to get back in soon. :)

LOL - glad you realized this and didn't panic.

hang in there all you TDL "regulars." Things will settle down, and we'll all be able to get back in soon. :)

I've also experienced being shut out; but I have turned my attention meanwhile to other things, including my Russian translation work--and seeing "Dawn Treader" four total times by now.

Nice. :D I wish I could see VDT again and again, but going to the theater costs a lot of money. =/ I'm lucky that I could go at all, and won't have to wait until the movie comes out on DVD. >.<

I've also experienced being shut out; but I have turned my attention meanwhile to other things, including my Russian translation work--and seeing "Dawn Treader" four total times by now.

Okay, I'm officially jealous now. I'll only likely see it twice. :rolleyes: but the next time hopefully in 3D. ;)

Have all those people gone to see the new movie yet? They should.

I am so happy to see these two wise brothers approving of the film and recommending it!
Nice. :D I wish I could see VDT again and again, but going to the theater costs a lot of money. =/ I'm lucky that I could go at all, and won't have to wait until the movie comes out on DVD. >.<
I agree, it is a little pricey, but I am going anyway, with my hubby, as a birthday present, if all goes well (for my birthday!). But like AK, I want to try it in 3D next time (which will be even more costly!)

Yeah I've been putting up with the server thingy because I figured it was due to the movie coming out, so it's a good thing :D

I've been on for a long while now... this is really nice. (now just watch me get the pop up as soon as I try to post this! xD)

Just take advantage of these issues. COUNT the times you have to press the reload or refresh button and see if you can break your own record :D

My old record a while back was 125 times before the server allowed me back in but lately the server is not that busy to make me break my own record :D

Just take advantage of these issues. COUNT the times you have to press the reload or refresh button and see if you can break your own record :D

My old record a while back was 125 times before the server allowed me back in but lately the server is not that busy to make me break my own record :D
That's a good idea! :D

Back